• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham v Arsenal | December 9, 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Guess the result of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

glaveror

I heard from a friend of mine who happens to be a Sp**s fan (i can`t take him seriously) that this was the first time in 8 years where we have managed to win a game after being down after the first 45. I dont have any stats on this, but this can`t be true?

Commentator on my TV said it was against West Ham only if I remember it correctly. Also, I just came here to say that Mike Dean is a giant, steaming pile of turd, not even manure that can be useful for something. Allowing those Creswell tackles,only giving him a yellow card..what a prick

ptrcopp

I forgot that morning feeling after a game. I’m up early for work. I’m ****ing tired. But it’s damn easier.

We were far better when we went a goal up. We had energy in attack and we were compact in defence. Individuals took players on and stuck their foot in a bit more.

Such a shame it’s city next

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I don't think they reacted well, we basically couldn't get a shot on target in the first 60 minutes, the players were just walking and waiting for West Ham score 2nd goal, and then Martinelli change the whole game.

Well said. I felt the players were more waiting for something to come about by happenstance than by initiative & applying themselves.

Hopefully this breathes new life into them as I don't think we could've chosen to play City at a better time.

zilfy

Shame City is next, might be a step too far for Freddie. He really needed another win to start building momentum.
they're pretty injury-plagued at the moment aren't they? And not too many clean sheets this year I hear. Call me a dreamer but I think there's a possibility we could steal a point at home

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Shame City is next, might be a step too far for Freddie. He really needed another win to start building momentum.

Don't even want another manager asap now, Freddie deserved as much of a chance as anyone else and for any manager the first lucky punch win was always going to be needed.

He really got a ****ing terrible moment to pick up the pieces. Before the international break and he might've gotten a chance to get the job.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know we played quite poorly for 60 mins, bar that amazing ten minutes, but what a ten minutes though!

We looked sharp, aggressive, quick and dangerous every time we went forward, West Ham were terrified...was really enjoyable.

All the backline was quality, bar a few dodgy moments of playing out from the back, but st defending I thought we were quite strong, didn’t allow West Ham into too many dangerous positions...and as I said that little period when the front three clicked, oh yes, they traumatised West Ham!

Hoping we start the the same attack for awhile, let it build up even more rhythm together...midfield still needs worked on though, even with the players we have I think we can do a little better in the centre of the pitch.

Great win!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its bit perfect time to play city they look bit broken they have too many injures at the back Aguero not fit. The worst case scenario that we get draw.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Our overall play for 60 minutes was worrying tbf, but i take a win hopefully we can bounce on but City might be a step to far hopefully we can keep our lose against City as low as possible.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
To be honest, the way we played for the first 60 minutes was real poverty. Our buildup was like playing through molasses. So slow it allowed West Ham to easily get back in shape and get men behind the ball. We had possession but it was all in our own half or barely inside their half.

We won because of a good pass from Torreira and some quality upfront for the first goal. All of a sudden we find some tempo in our play for 10-15 minutes and bury them with two more quick goals.

I so want us to finally bench Sokrates, Xhaka and Özil, play quicker and more compact. With the three of them we are just slower than slow in getting the ball upfield. It is frustrating like ****. Come on Freddie, make the change finally.

We passed it slowely because we haven't won for almost 2 months and let's jot even start on the atmosphere during that period.
Clearly Freddie wants us to pass and play Arsenal way, but after all that mess and confidence being bellow zero, it takes small steps to your goals.
That's why it was slow, cause we wanted not to make mistakes, which were bound to happen, but we wanted to make sure when they do happen that we stop them and position ourselves to be ready for it.
As the game went on all that slow passing helped us make it quicker then, as confidence was growing, and the goal created a moment that we used foe another 1 or 2.

I liked the fact we kept passing. Even when some boos appeared to happen and even when we got close to the goal and decided to pass it back cause there was no clear chance, I was glad. keeping the ball is crucial for a team that wants to play and it was clear It was probably no 1 thing Freddie wanted to see and worked on.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Still can't believe how bad English referees are. How the **** did Cresswell get away with those tackles, especially after what happened to Andre Gomes? Ah I forgot, Son Heung-min almost got knighted after crying in front of the cameras.
Snodgrass also should have been sent off.
but hey, it's Mike Dean, or as you said, it's english refs, worst in the Europe

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our overall play for 60 minutes was worrying tbf, but i take a win hopefully we can bounce on but City might be a step to far hopefully we can keep our lose against City as low as possible.
It was because our players were scared to make mistakes rather than play thier game but the moment we play some forward passes with intelligent movement from Torreira Kola and Martinelli we scored it was very simple and basic but of course when everything not going great players not preform that's why i say managers can do so little players will have to pick themselves up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom