• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
@David_Ornstein: “#AFC’s process, while we don’t know the exact status of it, is said to be thorough. That [communication] is one of the key areas they’ll be looking at. Yes, the likes of Ancelotti tick other boxes in terms of the vast European success and experience. But, I don’t know, I suspect, and could be completely wrong here, that #AFC are focusing towards the younger end & also the connection with #AFC. I’ve been told by a couple of people that Mikel Arteta is the number 1 target of #AFC now, and that’s been reported elsewhere too. Some feel it’s as close as being his decision, and some say he’s still got to come through a thorough interview process. Patrick Vieira is in the frame too. People might point to his underwhelming record, you could say, at #OGCN. But he has the #AFC connection, he has managed more than Arteta & Ljungberg, for example.”
Tbh he’s clearly just speculating here, based on the rumours around the club.

Could still be anyone, given our quiet the club are evidently keeping their process. Emery wasn’t even linked last time before we appointed him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Haven't the board saw what happening at manutd? I mean we don't have Woodward to mess every transfer window but hiring ex playee with no manager experience and the other one with bad record it won't make you good team

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Honestly, if we cant secure Potchettino now, then I believe the next best bet is to back Freddie until the end of the season.

We need a proper manager like Tuchel, Rose, Jardim, Nagelsman to come in and help us rebuild here. The next manager has to be a five year project, with intelligent work behind the scenes.

Also, confidence in Freddie has to be looked at as well. I cant see it being logical that we give the job to Arteta now, and undermine Ljundberg.

Ljungberg has been told he’s interim on a game-to-game basis. Appointing someone else doesn’t undermine him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Looks like the higher ups are trying to cut costs, and hiding it under a guise of appeasing the fans.

Sad situation to be in. We need to get this call right as we are on a slippery slope.
Been cheap and hype him up, just sugar coating.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ljungberg has been told he’s interim on a game-to-game basis. Appointing someone else doesn’t undermine him.
It must be a bit odd appointing someone 5 years younger with considerably less coaching experience, zero managerial experience of even youth teams & without Freddies knowledge of youth setup here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It must be a bit odd appointing someone 5 years younger with considerably less coaching experience, zero managerial experience of even youth teams & without Freddies knowledge of youth setup here.

Why is it? If that had anything to do with it Steve Bould would be the next manager.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Why is it? If that had anything to do with it Steve Bould would be the next manager.
Not sure Bould has ambitions to manage coming up to 60. On paper Freddie is equally a risk as Arteta but with more experience & already in the set up.

TornadoTed

Established Member
My opinion in unwavering. There are no outstanding candidates available so don't employ someone for the sake of it.

Give Freddie the job, show him full support by employing an experienced assistant, like Phelan at United and reassess in the summer.

In my opinion an experienced assistant is the key to either Freddie or Arteta working, I think it is dangerous to employ a fledgling manager and have equally inexperienced staff behind him.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Said it to my mates here some time ago, it's either Pochettino (if they manage to get him in) or if Freddie does any decent job then it's gonna be an ex player like Arteta (no.1 option) or Patrick.
And I like it that way, as I don't really trust any of those 'proven names' to come here and do a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom