• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Just stay with Freddie then, imo we should not change manager just now before the City game anyways.

It's currently not about a system or about tactics, it's about confidence and confidence only and we saw yesterday that Freddie reachss out to them and it clicked and all the pressure fell off after the first goal and we shortly found our real self.

Changing manager immediately will only deter the process and will make the team feel confused. They currently enjoy the new vibes and setup, you can see it.

I'd rather go with Freddie for 1-2 more games now in any case and if he does really well, he gotta get the job.

Please don't come up with that bullshit non-existent argument about Ole at ManU.
There is zero correlation between those two and their potential outcomes, it's laughable.

TornadoTed

Established Member
freak seasons can happen anytime. However realistically it will take us 4-5 seasons unleas Kroenke turns into Roman of 2004.

I suppose what I mean is you can't put a time limit on it.

Take Liverpool as an example, apart from a few highlights they underachieved for over 25 years and have gone from average to possibly the best team in the World in the last 3 years. They haven't really done much differently in the last 3 seasons than the previous 25+, just got a great manager, got the majority of their signings spot on and had a bit of luck (thinking Coutinho money particularly)

We could be mediocre for the next 20 years, we could be challenging the best again within 2 years.

Predicates

If they're appointing Sousa as an interim, then I'd be all for it. He's done a good job at Bourdeaux, and he did well with Basel and Fiorentina. Not the most exciting choice, but that's the nature of the market right now.

I don't think they should appoint him as permanent manager now though. He's good but we could get a much better manager in the summer.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I suppose what I mean is you can't put a time limit on it.

Take Liverpool as an example, apart from a few highlights they underachieved for over 25 years and have gone from average to possibly the best team in the World in the last 3 years. They haven't really done much differently in the last 3 seasons than the previous 25+, just got a great manager, got the majority of their signings spot on and had a bit of luck (thinking Coutinho money particularly)

We could be mediocre for the next 20 years, we could be challenging the best again within 2 years.
winning the UCL is just 'another' highlight?
would kill that highlight tbf

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So seem thier 3 man list Arteta Marcelino and Sousa? Seem Pochy Allegri don't want to return to management yet. Think they'll appoint Arteta after man city game

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t the talk last time that the Kroenke’s were unsure about Arteta because of his lack of experience? If true this shortlist seems like a way of forcing them to pick Arteta :lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's a new name every day - wouldn't surprise me at all if we appoint someone no one has ever mentioned, and who most if not all of us have never heard of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom