• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

Terrible player, no idea what some people see in him, either he's always out of position or he's instructed to always do the wrong things in the field.

these are desperate times. Every young player that we have is hyped to the moon because we desperate to see top talent at the club.

apparently Nelson is as talented as Sancho which is bollocks. He is closer to Lingaard than Sancho.

willock and saka are mid table talents as well. Only Martinelli has elite potential.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You'd think Freddie would know where to play him since he’s worked with him at youth level as well as this season. I do think we’re in danger of expecting too much from him though purely because his profile is that of a player we lack in the middle. He’s still a kid and needs time to develop.
That doesn’t means he can’t be ahead of Douzy who is the regular starter an about same age. He is not a kid anymore. And that doesn’t mean either he cannot be played as CM instead of CAM

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Tonight must be first time in a long while that he didn't get on the pitch in a premier League game?

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
This kid has so much potential, but I'm worried he's got no one to learn from.

Its one thing being talented but who does he have to look up to?

Xhaka? Torreira, who is a kid himself? I wish there was an experienced head in midfield who could just mentor him a little.

DasBootist

these are desperate times. Every young player that we have is hyped to the moon because we desperate to see top talent at the club.

apparently Nelson is as talented as Sancho which is bollocks. He is closer to Lingaard than Sancho.

willock and saka are mid table talents as well. Only Martinelli has elite potential.
Martinelli is **** as well as the names you mentioned. Dunno why you felt the need 2 sugar-coat the harsh reality that is Arsenal's piss poor squad.

clovis

Martinelli is **** as well as the names you mentioned. Dunno why you felt the need 2 sugar-coat the harsh reality that is Arsenal's piss poor squad.

I disagree on martinelli. I think he has a lot of potential but is at the wrong club at the moment. He should have been at Liverpool, BVB, Leipzig, Chelsea etc

clovis

Guendouzi reminds me of the last few seasons of Rosicky although he is far less technical..

All he does is run aimlessly creating the illusion that he is making things happen and is an all action midfielder..

He tries to be the jack of all but his basics are very poor.

boyinneedofhumor

Wonder if Guendouzi has reflected on his game during the time he was subbed on last night?

The game was calling for him to orchestrate/shield the back 4 by the time he came on. I.e. spreading passes and positioning himself to receive and re-distribute/retaining possession.

Instead he chose to run with the ball too much.

His time last night wasnt so much about whether he had ability ; it's about whether he had maturity...

Do hope to see (and believe in) him doing well in future, but his play last night exhibited selfishness instead of selflessness.

HBL

Established Member
Wonder if Guendouzi has reflected on his game during the time he was subbed on last night?

The game was calling for him to orchestrate/shield the back 4 by the time he came on. I.e. spreading passes and positioning himself to receive and re-distribute/retaining possession.

His time last night wasnt so much about whether he had ability ; it's about whether he had maturity...

Do hope to see (and believe in) him doing well in future, but his play last night exhibited selfishness instead of selflessness.
Absolute nonsense. Came on and moved the ball quickly, completed 21/22 passes after being subbed on in the 87th minute. Good cameo and needs to play like that more when he starts games.

boyinneedofhumor

Absolute nonsense. Came on and moved the ball quickly, completed 21/22 passes after being subbed on in the 87th minute. Good cameo and needs to play like that more when he starts games.
Whilst being a magnet...

He could have chosen to not run ahead with the ball and distributed it to others.

Let's just say we see it differently. I wouldn't say you're nonsense though just because you don't see eye to eye...

HBL

Established Member
Whilst being a magnet...

He could have chosen to not run ahead with the ball and distributed it to others.

Let's just say we see it differently. I wouldn't say you're nonsense though just because you don't see eye to eye...
You literally said we needed someone to re-distribute and retain possession which is exactly what he did.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Undertand what you are saying , it seems he has only one mode of playing . It's because of his positioning he find himself out of the team . He leaves his partner isolated while he drifts wide , ball get's lost and he is completely out of position.

boyinneedofhumor

Undertand what you are saying , it seems he has only one mode of playing . It's because of his positioning he find himself out of the team . He leaves his partner isolated while he drifts wide , ball get's lost and he is completely out of position.
Thanks. You made it easy with above like an experienced nurse knowing where the veins are with the needle (metaphorically).

Having said that, I actually do rate him, as I do not consider him a finished article yet.
He can play short and long passes, his physique wouldn't be easily brushed off by opponents, and he can advance or hold a position. He probably needs to learn to read the game better.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He single handedly made us come back from the derby against Sp**s. Far from a **** player, quite the opposite. But he do need positional training.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom