• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

isop

Why does it have to be someone who has links to the club? Just hire the best man you can get for the job.

How has Gio not been linked with those criteria?

Van Bronckhorst sounds interesting though.

I know the Dutch league is not one of the big 5 leagues, but in his first season managing Feyenoord, he wins the Dutch cup, second season wins their first league in 18 years. He's at City now but perhaps we should give him an interview.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Di marzio already reporting that Gatusso could take Napoli job after today game and Arsenal very interested in Ancelotti

Joestlaachmkr

Why would Tuchel be a wet dream? If he fails at PSG he has then failed at Dortmund and PSG. I still don't know what people see in him?
Tuchel would be the best candidate we could possibly get, and his style of football would suit our club 101%. Tuchel earned more points and more wins in the Bundesliga during his time at Dortmund than what Klopp did with BvB, but he could not win the title cause he was competing with Pep`s Bayern who is the most dominant team in the history of Bundesliga. Tuchel have a 16% higher win rate with PSG than what Emery had.. so tell me, how do you consider that to be a failure?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think we’ll end up going with Arteta out of fear of what he might become. This is probably your last chance to get him before he gets a job somewhere else. They’ll be worried he goes somewhere and does really well making them look like ****s for rejecting him twice.

goonergaz

Why isn’t Gio managing elsewhere btw?

Stolen from wiki;

At the start of the 2019-20 season, some press reports suggested that van Bronckhorst had accepted a role at Manchester City F.C. and other clubs owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group to develop his coaching skills and learn about different activities at the football club. This also led to speculation that he was envisioned to replace the then Manchester City F.C. manager Pep Guardiola at some indeterminate time in the future.[35][36]

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I think we’ll end up going with Arteta out of fear of what he might become. This is probably your last chance to get him before he gets a job somewhere else. They’ll be worried he goes somewhere and does really well making them look like ****s for rejecting him twice.
**** Arteta. Better to come.

image.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure. Don’t rule out them bottling it and going for Ancelotti for his experience, their jobs depend on this.

Predicates

I seriously believe that we remain in contention for Poch. Ornstein said yesterday he is still under consideration, and he hasn't publicly rejected us yet. If Poch turned down Everton immediately, then he could quite easily have turned down Arsenal. But he hasn't.

There's a lot of conflicting information coming out from various sources at the moment. Ornstein is going with Arteta, Balague with Marcelino, etc. And every single day a new name is coming up.

It's worth mentioning this is the same board that did not reveal Emery's appointment until two days before the announcement. Until that point, no journalist had mentioned him as being a candidate. They're probably doing the same thing again here.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
  1. Tuchel would be a wet dream. Tuchel was apparently the first choice by the board to succeed Wenger but he had already agreed a deal with PSG when Arsenal made contact with him, but if Wenger had announced he would leave 3-4 weeks earlier than what he did than Tuchel would most likely have been our manager today. (He denies it in this clip but Misliniat he has later confirmed that Tuchel was Arsenals no.1 choice)

Seems highly unlikely that Tuchel would have been hired for Arsenal last year when Sven Mislintat was here considering the falling out they had at Dortmund when he banned Sven from the training ground and they basically didn't speak for a long time.

Personally, I think Tuchel could be a nightmare. He's never been able to get along with others. He fell out with the front office types at Mainz as well as Dortmund. Apparently he has an abrasive personality. He knows the game and has some innovative thoughts, but I don't think he's worth the aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom