• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy1979

Think we can safely assume potch has told us to jog on then if this looks like it's happening. No way even our board would just overlook him when he's available

ChefMan21

I think Ancelotti could be a good appointment. Safe, boring and might not work, but he also has stature in the game which would help with attracting players and a rebuild. It also gives time for emerging managers to come through and establish themselves - we're a big enough club to appoint just about anyone.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think Ancelotti could be a good appointment. Safe, boring and might not work, but he also has stature in the game which would help with attracting players and a rebuild. It also gives time for emerging managers to come through and establish themselves - we're a big enough club to appoint just about anyone.
my feelings too - though I would add I would think a manager of his stature and longevity is more likely to stand up to Raul and Edu if push came to shove, than a younger much more inexperienced man

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm tempted by a manager who can say this after a 4-1 loss “Defensively, we lacked cοncentratiοn and cοnvictiοn in terms οf pοsitiοning and οur decisiοn-making. We were catastrοphic defensively, individually and cοllectively'

that would wake a couple of our catastrophic players up

You're operating on the assumption that these spoiled weaklings care about a loss as much as we, the fans, do. If that were the case, our entire back four would've voluntarily retired ages ago.

They know that they'll get one reprieve after another & will simply move on to another club with similar or more wages.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

True greats always respect each other...

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-And-Rock-AWL136.jpg

D3Vd9pmW0AMOiuN.jpg

71r1avQ-YcL._SL1500_.jpg

6c2b5666cd096bddb96a2ad23701b7e9.jpg

Leeroy1979

my feelings too - though I would add I would think a manager of his stature and longevity is more likely to stand up to Raul and Edu if push came to shove, than a younger much more inexperienced man
Plus if reports are to believed that he delegates a lot of coaching out it will be interesting to see the team he brings in with him. Like to see Freddie learn from him as his number 2

ChefMan21

Plus if reports are to believed that he delegates a lot of coaching out it will be interesting to see the team he brings in with him. Like to see Freddie learn from him as his number 2
I said earlier in the thread that having the right people around our new manager - any manager - will be a big part of their potential success. Really hope people like Ljungbwrg are kept around, but also, new people are brought in for some competitive tension.

Leeroy1979

I said earlier in the thread that having the right people around our new manager - any manager - will be a big part of their potential success. Really hope people like Ljungbwrg are kept around, but also, new people are brought in for some competitive tension.
Let's hope one of them is a defence guru...could be footballs answer to Sean Edwards..."gaffer I've dislocated my shoulder" "**** off you can't be injured on defence get up !"

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would he? Considering Utd, Liverpool, City and Chelsea have bigger budgets, and Sp**s with Jose. I doubt he’ll get top 5.

I think so, and this is likely with assurances that we are going to be spending money to help the squad.

He is a safe appointment and his management style allows for succession planning. I can see the likes of Keown, Ljundberg, Mertesacker getting extended roles at the club in various capacities. I'd bring in Arteta to work with Carlo as his successor, and yes I think that is possible.

Leeroy1979

I think so, and this is likely with assurances that we are going to be spending money to help the squad.

He is a safe appointment and his management style allows for succession planning. I can see the likes of Keown, Ljundberg, Mertesacker getting extended roles at the club in various capacities. I'd bring in Arteta to work with Carlo as his successor, and yes I think that is possible.
He'd be more likely to get the managers job with us after Carlos short tenure than after pep. There is no way Man City are giving the managers job to arteta after pep.

Hope those assurances come true as key positions need to be addressed

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Telling Arteta 'yeah, you aren't getting the job this time again, but you can be a side-kick'

Why ? No way he'd switch places for that.

Leeroy1979

Telling Arteta 'yeah, you aren't getting the job this time again, but you can be a side-kick'

Even on the promise of getting it after ancelotti. Let's be honest he's only going to be there this season and next. Arteta will not get the city job after pep

You may well be right but it would be worth a punt....although where would that leave Freddie? Hmm I'm torn on that

ChefMan21

I'd also make the observation that this appointment (doesn't matter who - Ancelotti, Arteta, or someone else) is another step away from the Wenger era, which we need to take. Hopefully our steps are more successful than Man Utd and SAF...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Where else is Arteta likely to manage at this stage?

Honestly I see him getting to the number 1 quicker at Arsenal, instead of City.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd also make the observation that this appointment (doesn't matter who - Ancelotti, Arteta, or someone else) is another step away from the Wenger era, which we need to take. Hopefully our steps are more successful than Man Utd and SAF...
What’s this supposed to mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom