• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin1986

If we hire Ancelotti then it clearly shows we had no plan at all seeing’s as hes literally only just been sacked! This morning Arteta was the clear favourite and now a manager who’s just been sacked is the favourite , the board clearly have no plan and no idea who they want

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Welcome to modern football. Where every manager who's actually achieved something is a fraud (Pep, Ancelotti, Mourinho...) but managers who've done nothing in this game bar win a Dutch title are hailed as geniuses and people are begging for them.

'new sensation nonces' the lot of 'em

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we hire Ancelotti then it clearly shows we had no plan at all seeing’s as hes literally only just been sacked! This morning Arteta was the clear favourite and now a manager who’s just been sacked is the favourite , the board clearly have no plan and no idea who they want

Of course we had no plan, the board didn't even want to sack Emery until they had literally no choice.

Joestlaachmkr

This is true. Nobody loves Arsène Wenger more than I, but the club needs to look forward and not back. One advantage that the new manager will have is that they no longer have to be the guy who follows a legend. That's always difficult.
I cant agree with the latter part of your statement. Of course is it important that a club looks forward instead of backward. There would no issue at all for a top class manager to succeed Wenger if if the people who runs the club knew what they are doing. Liverpool struggled for several years after they lost Kenny Dalglish, Milan struggled for nearly a decade after losing Arrigo Sacchi, and we and Man United are the two biggest jokes in English football cause of terrible managers appointments and the fact that both clubs are trying to be successful again by using the same formula that Wenger & Ferguson used. Stats shows that it usually is better for a club to change philosophy instead of holding on to a recipe which was successful 20 or 30 years ago. Tottenham has established themselves as a top4 club during the last 5 years while we are on the verge of becoming Everton 2.0.

pacstud

Ancelotti: Reputable european manager, managed several big teams

Arteta: hAs aN iPAd

Just joking around lads, feeling cheeky
Ancelotti, Arteta...we're all guessing. What's funny is how CERTAIN so many are that Arteta "just has it" but an old man who's forgotten more than the collective knows has "lost the plot". Sounds like deja vu from Wenger's last days.

We need an iron boot for a year or two with some iron additions in the back. I am down with the unknown gamble or the known veteran. The veteran is probably the better move in the short run to stabilize us. imvho.

UpTheGunnerz

Napolis title hopes lived on quite a bit last season, no? Washed up my ass. Oh, and Bayerns seems like just a dandy beach of an easy sandwich ride to take over from, Kovac really excelled there!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ancelotti, Arteta...we're all guessing. What's funny is how CERTAIN so many are that Arteta "just has it" but an old man who's forgotten more than the collective knows has "lost the plot". Sounds like deja vu from Wenger's last days.

We need an iron boot for a year or two with some iron additions in the back. I am down with the unknown gamble or the known veteran. The veteran is probably the better move in the short run to stabilize us. imvho.
Don’t think you’ll find any post from me saying Arteta “has it”.

I think it’s a massive risk, but worth probably taking.

Malky

Established Member
People not wanting Vieira because he’s doing poorly in France yet want Ancelotti despite his piss poor work at Napoli? Personally I don’t want either. This whole recruitment from our board has been a shambles from the moment they couldn’t decide to stick or twist with Emery!

pacstud

Problem with Ancelloti is he's clearly a 2 year or so solution again. We'll be having this argument again in 18 months probably over Arteta if he hasn't gone into management by then. Either commit to an experienced but younger option or just give it to ****ing Arteta and shut people up.
That works both ways. You give to Arteta and he shats the bed, people are screaming for a veteran to come in and provide short-term stability.

Ideally, if it's Ancelotti, he brings the heir apparent with him, or at least has an idea. Doubtful, but I always like that set-up when possible.

Absolute foolish to just scream "bum, we'll suck". Very plausible he can keep us top 6 and then push for top 4 next year just based on the roster...so really it's more on BDR and what happens between now and next season.

UpTheGunnerz

People not wanting Vieira because he’s doing poorly in France yet want Ancelotti despite his piss poor work at Napoli? Personally I don’t want either. This whole recruitment from our board has been a shambles from the moment they couldn’t decide to stick or twist with Emery!

Piss poor work at Napoli?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If Arteta wouldn't have been played for us, he would have more than 50% less votes.
Remember when AM was creaming over this guy nobody ever heard of before and after
his breakup with Klopp?

nintchdbpict000402570846.jpg

Justin1986

Of course we had no plan, the board didn't even want to sack Emery until they had literally no choice.
Everything about the club is reactive , we’re interviewing every manager who feels like it , all with different styles and philosophies and now we’re gonna end up with one because he got sacked, hiring Ancelotti may stable us in the meantime but in 2
Or 3 years we’re be looking at someone else and changing our football style again

LG10

I thought our squad was good and it was Emery holding us back and underperforming? If that's the case then surely Carlo can do something.
Emery was underperforming with an average squad, we were heading to mid table with him when we should be close to 4th. Reason why we should be competing for top 4 with an average squad is because of the average competition.

We have a few class players and youngsters but the defence and midfield is average. Carlo should improve our attack, but he won't improve our average defenders or midfielders. This team needs to be drilled relentlessly in order to be able to play out from the back and be organized, I'm not sure he's that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom