• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@MutableEarth tonight, after a top game from his boy...

tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth tonight, after a top game from his boy...

tenor.gif
Mate - he exploded in that last 15 mins man. I thought ESR just shaded him before he came off, but he came into his own once he got further forward. He really didn't like being played at wing back :lol:. (And I thought he did pretty well there aswell).

Very proud - he's had a difficult last few appearances so really good to see him pull out a great assist and a great goal. 2 moments of genuine quality. I think all the youngsters had a decent game to be honest, there were some awry moments for all of them but they did OK. Saka and ESR definitely got some more stock from this game, whereas Willock and Nelson maybe still have a bit more to do.

Development is very rarely linear. But this will do him no harm at all!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The only player on the pitch who was good for almost the entirety of the game.
Still not ready for consistent premier league football, needs to stick to EL for now. He might just make it here one day, unlike most of the youth system players

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He can deliver multiple assist, can score, can run up and down to help defending. A really promising player.:)

Impact

Established Member
Watching the BT YouTube highlights and it looks like Saka was involved in almost every attack!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Special young player. I’m enamoured with him. He plays the game properly.. if that makes sense. As exciting a talent as Martinelli and Guendouzi IMHO.

Tsl

I think the most impressive thing about Saka is the fact that there’s so much end product to his game already. In contrast to Reiss, who I do rate highly, he seems to get to the end of our attacks more often. Just yesterday he had 5 shots from a wingback position and his deliveries are always very good. With a bit more luck he could have had a lot more than 6 assist this season. Great talent who needs to be nurtured throughout the season and who definitely will benefit if Ljungberg stays in charge.

nick gould

I think I understand why both Unai and Freddie show (ed) a lot of faith in this boy. He has it in him. Maybe it was too much too soon. It could because the first team wasn't playing well and when the boy was thrown in there he retreated into his shell. He was described as as nonchalant by someone here and it was accurate. Tonight though, I saw the competive edge in this boy. A bit of fire. Keep it up kid and your face will become one of the most idolized by football fans.

He also has a good engine. He didn't look fatigued at all. Smith-rowe looked a bit jaded after about 65 minutes or so. I have changed my mind. He looks certain to make it and that's what people who know him from the under 23s think. Now what's the best way forward for the boy? We need to see more of the competitive edge, the hunger and drive. What's his best position for now?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He also has a good engine. He didn't look fatigued at all. Smith-rowe looked a bit jaded after about 65 minutes or so.
ESR missed the majority of the season so it's a miracle that he even played.

As for Saka, it wasn't his first good game in EL, but the way he plays will not suit him in PL. Manager needs to move him to the right side where he can cut inside instead of running with the ball down the left wing and hitting defenders ass on every cross attempt. Defenders are better and faster in PL and they will block him knowing that it's hard for him to cut inside if he plays on the left.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Special young player. I’m enamoured with him. He plays the game properly.. if that makes sense. As exciting a talent as Martinelli and Guendouzi IMHO.
He does the basics very well and has flair. Can’t ask for more. The way he picked out Laca and executed that laser guided cross was cold. Then the choice to come inside and shoot on his right foot with confidence and accuracy. All ‘proper’.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He started the season well, but the more he trained under Senor Confuso his performances went downhill.

Hopefully he'll improve from here on in.
Probably more to do with youth and inconsistency really, than the manager. Emery gave him the platform and chance to excite us, and Saka initially did that. Can’t then blame Emery when he loses form lol

Ashybashy86

Just realised he crossed with his left (hell of a whip), and scored with his right. Pretty strong weak foot whichever one it is.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Been a big fan of the kid since he busrt onto the scene. Great to see him doing well. People are way too harsh on young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom