• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

Thats a bit harsh, in particular to Saka. Many instances he's tracked back and pressed consistently. He's lost the ball and ran back. Nelson....well i can't say much. However Willock does the same and he doesn't get shafted so i'm not sure where the bias comes from.

Not my intention, but we've been jerked off by lots of youth talent coming through the pipeline only to not cut, not because of talent but because of entitlement. I want these cats to play with desire and energy and you see it's just not there.

ScotsGooner89

Martinelli is the go to guy for us now. Didn’t score but got an assist, drove the team forward with his constant darting runs and gesturing to pass the ball forward to him. Even if he doesn’t get it, it makes the midfielders look to get it forward instead of back/side.

Changed the game.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
We have a legit golden boy..

First he will have to beat Saka and Saka has a lot of talent. If he beats Saka as LW/LF, that means he really can be a great player imo. Goalimpact had both as talents. I already posted this, but I will post again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Who said Martinelli is less experienced than Saka? All I pointed out was this vast experience Martinelli gained playing against fully grown men could be as little as 18-24 games.

I never questioned Saka or Nelson's mentality. I think they are developing just fine. Breaking into the starting 11 in a top 6 team is extremely hard for any youngster. They will need more time. I can still praise Martinelli without people thinking I'm ****ting on our academy players. Martinelli is an exceptional talent, there is no shame on Saka or Nelson if they haven't reached his level yet. They will still get valuable minutes this season to further develop.
A good post, one that I can actually reply to. :p

Well, Martinelli’s experience is more than Saka’s 24 games or not. Also coming as part of a sustained run of games (I’ve heard) which makes a big difference for a youngster. Nelson has had similar if not more game time so the excuse doesn’t work as well for him, but having a sustained run of 30 games is certainly better than a stop start 50 including sub appearances etc.

If you’re not sh*itting on them then you’re not, I wouldn’t put words into your mouth. Just that there have been posts praising Martinelli’s mentality that definitely imply (if not outright say) that Saka and Nelson lack in that regard.

DasBootist

He already has a knack for popping up with defining moments. Usually a trait that comes a lot later in ones career. Martinelli is similar to the Mbappe’s and Haaland’s of this world in that regard.

A truly exciting player. Now looking like a starter too which is good.
Defo starter. He and Aubameyang (& Pepe) work better than with Lacazette in his place.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We should probably be looking at a contract renewal soon. Don't know how much he is on, but can't imagine it be much more than pennies on the dollar. Tie him down, his performances deserves it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We have to be wary of the fact that only the truly elite youngsters can start day in day out for a top side.

If come end of the season he's shown that he's one of them then we need to get 50M plus for Lacazette.

Actually disagree.

Think Laca G6 is a great player to have in your squad, seems a willing runner and fairly versatile with good attitude, although I don't think he's an elite striker he's certainly not bad (not saying you said that either btw). We only have three senior forwards in the squad now (Pepe, Laca G6, Auba) and injuries/fatigue will always get you at some point.

I'd rather keep him around as he'll easily play 30-40 games next season even if he's not technically first choice, and I really don't think giving too many "development" games to 17-19 year olds is a good idea unless they're special talents and have actually forced their way into the first team anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom