• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Still it’s worth the risk, no? Waiting till the summer. The upside is better than anything we can muster up now.

If he does move elsewhere then we’re just back to where we are now.

This season is basically a write off in that case. Top 4 gone and no chance in the Europa. I’d actually like us to try and salvage something from this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not that I really get sucked into these rumours, but don’t see why another option couldn’t be Potch signing now and joining next season.

This will allow him to determine transfers and squad make up very early.

Puts Freddie in a horrible situation though, and it’s probably no way to treat a great Arsenal pro like him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Not that I really get sucked into these rumours, but don’t see why another option couldn’t be Potch signing now and joining next season.
I was going to say, United did that with Mourinho and Chelsea with Conte. Only question is what incentive Poch has to take that, in the event that another job opens up in the summer i.e. Juventus if the Sarri/Ronaldo beef becomes untenable or Barcelona change their minds on him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You know that Cross article is bollocks just because of how he has worded everything.

• There is a growing feeling Pochettino is their no.1 choice.
  • They hope Ljungberg can take charge until they get the right man in place and that might not be until the summer.
  • The leading two candidates who are available are Vieira and Arteta.

What a load of ****e.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don’t know either but you would think the former given the make up of the squad, we’ve basically got a team compromising of young players, youth players, players on the way out etc, a team with no style, substance, discipline etc. No leaders in defence, no midfield generals, even our leader in attack is maybe leaving.

It’s not like Chelsea where they had Cech, Terry, Cole, Makelele, Essien, Lampard, Drogba etc. A hands off approach could work when leaders like this can set the tone in the club and training,

Arguably. Although certainly the drill sergeant approach wasn't working.

I think you touched on the real problem though: Arsenal just needs better/different players in certain positions. I've been saying for a long time that they need someone who can grab the team by the scruff of the neck like Terry did at Chelsea. The spine of the team is severely lacking. Until they make some player changes, it might not matter much who coaches them. But somebody needs to change things up. Hopefully the players will respond to whoever the new coach may be.

Personally, I'll be anxious to give whoever they hire a chance. For me, Pochettino is the guy who is available who would seem to be the best long-term fit; who could build something over a number of years. That does seem to be what they're looking for, even in Arteta (who would be a gamble, but could certainly pay off). Carlo, for me, would be a shorter-term option. Despite whatever it was that happened at Bayern, he is beloved by his former players. Maybe he could bring out the best in this group. And Freddie could certainly learn a lot from him. There would be more options in the summer, of course, but I fear things could really unravel if they don't make a move soon. We'll see!

Malky

Established Member
Seeing that there was a Poch update then seeing who the source was :( **** my life. I’d be genuinely very excited about this club with Poch in charge!

Still don't understand why we want Pochetto. Average manager. Almost managed 2-10 against Bayern. 2-7 at home. With far superior squad than what we had when we played them.

Bum of a manager.

Steps

Feel like Everton is that kid in school looking over your shoulder during an exam trying to copy down your answers.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I was going to say, United did that with Mourinho and Chelsea with Conte. Only question is what incentive Poch has to take that, in the event that another job opens up in the summer i.e. Juventus if the Sarri/Ronaldo beef becomes untenable or Barcelona change their minds on him.

Pochettino might be disappointed if he's waiting for Juventus or Barcelona. Even if one or both of those jobs come open, I'm not sure his chances would be that great. Arsenal seems like a good fit for him at this point.

As I read Cross' article and the stuff about waiting till summer to get out from under his restrictions with Sp**s, I was thinking that there would be no reason he couldn't help build the staff he wants to work with, let Arsenal bring them in and have one of those guys as a caretaker till then. Or maybe there would be a reason why not, but I can't think what it would be.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom