• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Honestly don’t know what the club is doing. No point even guessing now. Also won’t be surprised if the club are feeding wrong info to some people. I’m hoping for the “waiting for potch” theory, but that’s just wishful thinking at this point.

Arteta thing is weird, he’ll be here now if we desperately wanted him, maybe he’ll come after Sunday? Maybe he doesn’t want to come because he hasn’t got the promises he wanted.

At this point your wild guessing and then doubting your guesses.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Arteta probably knows more players at Everton with our two & the old school group still there.

Good luck to him there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You look at the appointments of big/super clubs in recent years and you’ll say he matches well - Utd hired Moyes and Ole after Ferguson, Real Madrid have hired Lopetegui and Solari, Bayern gave Kovac a chance, PSG have hired Blanc, Emery, Tuchel in recent years.

Enrique got the Barcelona job on the back of a questionable track record.

Moyes was Ferguson's choice to succeed him. He probably wouldn't have been under serious consideration otherwise. Ole was only hired as a caretaker a few managers down the road, then got the job on a permanent basis because of a good string of results and the good will of being a club legend. Lopetegui was the manager of Spain's national team. Solari was a great player at Real Madrid who was moved up from Real Madrid B. Kovac had just beaten Bayern to win the DFB-Pokal with Eintract Frankfurt. Blanc won Ligue 1 with Bordeaux and was manager of the French national team. Emery had just won three Europa League titles. Tuchel had at least won the DFB-Pokal. Enrique was a Barcelona club legend as a player who had managed Barcelona B before going on to some success at Celta Vigo. Pochettino was sacked by a club with which he had never won a trophy.

Pochettino has a lot to recommend him and certainly could be considered by some giant clubs, but he has no ties to those clubs and no track record of winning things. So there's really nothing to separate him from the pack of candidates who might be considered.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No matter if Poch or Arteta, any of my two top candidates and I'll be absolutely buzzing.

Never had my wish like that before, just do it now either way ffs.

We'll get a surprise package in the end, won't we ?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Feeling a bit of philosophical on a friday night, pondering my own life decisions and the well being of the world. If Pochettino stays true to his word that he would never coach a rival then we have no chance. But even more, do we want to live in a world when these type of promises and words means nothing? It's a worthy thought to have. Don't come, Mauricio. I have changed my mind. And if someone cynical is saying i am trying on some reverse jinx here out of pure desperation i can only say....

giphy.gif

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Feeling a bit of philosophical on a friday night, pondering my own life decisions and the well being of the world. If Pochettino stays true to his word that he would never coach a rival then we have no chance. But even more, do we want to live in a world when these type of promises and words means nothing? It's a worthy thought to have. Don't come, Mauricio. I have changed my mind. And if someone cynical is saying i am trying on some reverse jinx here out of pure desperation i can only say....

I think too much is being made of Pochettino's comments on Arsenal, Barcelona and Rosario Central. He said he wouldn't manage those clubs because of his identification with their rivals, but I don't think that statement meant quite the same to him as it did to fans. It was not a statement born of the hatred of a heated rivalry, but simply of the situation. Pochettino is a professional. He may not, in the end, view Arsenal as the right job for him -- even if it is offered -- but that decision wouldn't be based on some misguided loyalty to a club that just sacked him.

Mourinho said that he would never manage Tottenham because they are Chelsea's rival. We see how that turned out. Pochettino's comments were also about Barcelona, yet he's often linked to that job in the press and nobody seems to think his comments rule him out of that (even the bookies have him at 12-1 to manage Barca). Plus, he was asked directly and specifically about Arsenal and noticeably did not rule it out. In the end, he'll do what he believes is best for his career and not pigeonhole himself because of some previous philosophical comment or to avoid angering the fan base of his previous club. It's not like he was there for 22 years like Arsène at Arsenal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

This, of course, is an opinion piece, not news. But if you accept what Delaney is saying here, then it means those Arsenal fans who thought Wenger had too much power and control were wrong. The consensus was that the "European model" of devolution and distribution of power was exactly what Arsenal needed. Now we get the argument that Arsenal needs a boss.

Personally, I don't know because I'm not there. But winning always makes everything else look better. So hopefully the team will start winning and we won't be hearing about what's wrong.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big John saying Poochie is on his way!

af313bd67273643d4b9400073543789b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom