• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I guess both is true in some ways, meaning with the Wenger situation and how modern football works, the so called continental model was needed, but still in that model you need some kind of boss.

I'm not beyond thinking that maybe Mislintat - or somebody else in a similar position - along Wenger would've turned around the negative trend under Arsène just by taking away workload and a bit of responsibility in player recruiting and being a second voice.

And even in the continental model you need someone to call the shots in the end - a boss. And that can even be a very powerful individual like say the presidents of Real or Barca, a two headed monster like Hoeness and Rummenigge, or even a three headed group like Watzke, Zorc and Sammer at Dortmund in recent years - if they work as a group.

Wenger's end probably had a lot of structural consequences even if some positions had been in place shortly before. But the club was used to him running the show, and I feel like there's a lot more backroom restructuring needed than just bringing in guys like Fahmy, Sanllehi or Edu in terms of hierarchical structure. It needs to be clear which individual or which group calls the shots and these positions need not only be clear about that but assigned to capeable people. Arsenal needs a strong Board Director, a serious CEO and a clearcut role DoF before proabably any manager can have backed success. Right now there's an aged and complacent Board, I don't get who is the Director of said Board, Sanllehi is ind of running the club but at the same time with the double pivot of him and Vinai there's no proper CEO, Edu is there but there's not much to go off on what he actually does apart from apparently speaking with Freddie.

I feel like the post Wenger vacuum has not been filled properly by a wholeseome hierarchical restructuring and those who came in were too much bent on proving their worth by changing for the sake of changing. A lot of what Sanllehi does points to this and a lot of what Emery said and did pointed to this. Bringing in Mislintat, then Sanllehi, then these two falling out over the future strategy of signings and squadbuilding is another thing pointing to this.

No doubt Arsène always missed David Dein, who took a lot of the load off his shoulders. I don't think he ever completely trusted Gazidis (with good reason, as is abundantly clear in retrospect). Ironic that Dein was ousted because of his support for selling to Kroenke, then they turned around and did it anyway.

You would think that Raul would have the final say on football decisions (with the Kroenkes signing off on the big stuff, naturally). If it's true that candidates not only have to interview with Sanllehi and Edu, but also separately with Vinai and Fahmy, that makes absolutely no sense to me. The latter two are financial guys, not football guys. They should negotiate contracts for the new coaching team, but why are they involved in the biggest football decision of all? I just don't get that.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Managers who aren't as good as Wenger...Why?

Im sure if the board asked Wenger would return, in fact Im pretty sure its the only reason he hasn't accepted another managerial job. If we don't sign him up soon he WILL end up at Real or PSG or Bayern or Barca...!
He works at Fifa now, my friend. And Bayern didn't want him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Managers who aren't as good as Wenger...Why?

Im sure if the board asked Wenger would return, in fact Im pretty sure its the only reason he hasn't accepted another managerial job. If we don't sign him up soon he WILL end up at Real or PSG or Bayern or Barca...!

You create your own custom coloured reality and live in it. Good for you.

zilfy

Poof? You're ****in' hard aint ya :lol:

Mr 'Looka meeeee I'm 8 pints deep', bloody mad lad you are..:rolleyes:
At a wedding, boozed asf. AM so addictive that I'm posting despite having nothing to say and still a noob. What can I say but COYG and go Pepe my boy. I dont know you but I love you all

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
These journalists have no cooking clue.

The positives from this experience is that we have had no categoric denials from the good candidates. Until then I believe we have hope for a good outcome.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

At a wedding, boozed asf. AM so addictive that I'm posting despite having nothing to say and still a noob. What can I say but COYG and go Pepe my boy. I dont know you but I love you all

You're not a noob my friend. I'll take you under my short wings and let you flourish.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Has anyone thought about the idea of Arteta and Freddie working together or not? Arteta coach with Freddie assistant? I mean it seems like a kick in the teeth to Freddie but he also seems like the type who'd do anything to see the club start winning again.

Feel like Arteta could be the brains of how we play and Freddie could motivate the team, integrate the youth, the stuff people are worried Arteta can't, idk I'm just spitballing again.

Arteta doesn't exactly have any backroom staff so maybe it'd be an idea, I'm just spitballing.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Has anyone thought about the idea of Arteta and Freddie working together or not? Arteta coach with Freddie assistant? I mean it seems like a kick in the teeth to Freddie but he also seems like the type who'd do anything to see the club start winning again.

Feel like Arteta could be the brains of how we play and Freddie could motivate the team, integrate the youth, the stuff people are worried Arteta can't, idk I'm just spitballing again.

Arteta doesn't exactly have any backroom staff so maybe it'd be an idea, I'm just spitballing.
with some Per input on the defensive coaching? it would be novel, and exciting, and probably wouldn't work but maybe the era of the all powerful manager is passing

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

with some Per input on the defensive coaching? it would be novel, and exciting, and probably wouldn't work but maybe the era of the all powerful manager is passing

Yeah think 3 may be overkill, but the two may work I'm not sure. Wonder who's in Arteta's contacts if he gets the job.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Why do people come on here when drunk? :lol:

Don't know,i often just comment on General Chit Chat lmao.Just habbit :rofl:

What you been drinking?

Vodka.

You normally make your drunk posts in the chit chat thread. You have progressed to Arsenal talk section. Given the state of our club, I am not surprised at all. I am expecting a verbal internet pub brawl on this forum soon.

giphy.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nuno wouldnt be my first choice or even second but I can see a compelling reason why we are asking the question.

In the bracket of managers where the question is "can he step up" and from those managers he has the best track record at his current club.

Beast Incarnate

Can't say this appointment would excite me, but I'd give him a chance.

There are some parallels to when Tottenham got Poch from Southampton. Hopefully this could work out just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom