• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

• Total voters

NZgunner

how depressing - there are some ok names in there but I can't bring myself to single out one as being worthy of a moniker like player of the decade

this list really epitomises just how far we have fallen since the days of Henry, Vieira and Bergkamp - and shows why Wenger needed to go a few years earlier than when he eventually did

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
RVP - the list is pretty **** as it goes, a lot of let downs on there.

RVP was superb for us and I have no issue with the way or reasoning for him leaving.

For me, it has to be someone who was here for the majority of the decade and RVP wasn't.

The only choice is Ramsey, best midfielder since Vieira

OSBK

Established Member
I went for RVP but caz was a close second and sanchez.

The rest on the list barely make the bench at top club. Arteta has achieved nothing and is half the player gilberto was.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This man should have been on the list, rather than an “other” ...beast of a player.

Reactions: A_G

goonerfamily

Has to be Alexis Sanchez. RVP better in his pomp but was only 18 months. Alexis came in, we won FA cups, he was a big game player. Don't let his time at Man U fool you. Our best player of the decade comfortably.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
RVP was probably the last player I was "fanatic" about (being the only player who's name I got on my kit during my first visit to the Emirates ages ago), but the way he left us, although probably the correct decision for him, still leaves a bitter taste. He was also only with us for a second this decade, so difficult for me to include him regardless.

So with RVP out of the running, it'd easily be Santi for me. Not only was he very skillful on the pitch - definitely one of the most underrated players in the league when he was with us - he just seems to be a great guy.

Second is probably between Bac or Nacho. Both weren't really flashy (although Bac's overhead goal-line clearance against Villa? years ago blew my mind), but they both nailed down their spots in the back 4, and offered consistency and stability at the back, rarely having 'mares.

Either way, the list of potential players we have for this decade is a far cry from the pool of players we would have had at the end of the last decade. Depressing af.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
I went for RVP but caz was a close second and sanchez.

The rest on the list barely make the bench at top club. Arteta has achieved nothing and is half the player gilberto was.

img.jpg

Don’t discount 2 FA cups as nothing, especially coming after 10 years without a trophy. I was delighted when we won it in 2005, delighted when we won it in 2014 and 2015 and would be over the moon to win it again.

CJJ

Established Member
Best player was Sanchez.
My favorite player was Cazorla. Loved him from the moment I saw that gifted touch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom