• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can't wait to see Arteta's influence on the team. I know we'll see only the smallest glimpse of it today. I wish I could skip forward to a year from now

latest

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope we will see some improvements when in transition. I'd like to see the players working hard to retrieve the ball, tracking back, and that we attack with intent.

We need to improve our movement when we have the ball. Against Everton it became much too static.

It is a clean slate for everyone. Lazily jogging homeward shouldn't be an option for anyone anymore....

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
I'm excited to see the Arteta era officially start today, and it's been nice to see the amount of support he has already.

I think realistically, the fans will appreciate that there is alot of work to be done - we've all had the patience of a saint to be awaiting the results of what seems like a never ending rebuild, since we moved to the emirates.

For that reason I can see why some fans might struggle to have alot of patience because so much of it has been exhausted during Wengers latter years and with Emery.

But Arteta (along with the vision he has) truly deserves the time, no matter who came before him. But in this climate it will be tricky, I just hope the current players can help make the short term results more palatable.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm happy for him to give players a clean slate but if he picks them and they mess up as they have in the past then he better quickly bin them.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe not starting, but Özil starting.

I don't care what teams Arteta puts out there, as long as I see fight and desire. I don't even care if we lose as long as the players show heart and passion.

Here's to hoping for a great performance

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What's up with that line-up? Is he playing AMN as a CB in a back 3 or is it a back 4 with Saka as a LB? Also, why put AMN there and not Mustafi?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
No one wants to see flicks all the time on a match day. But at the same time it shouldn't be such a shock to people to see players practice it in training. After all, it is better they tried it in training and only occasionally used it in matches. It hasn't become obsolete as some think, it can be a very useful weapon to get past resolute defending.

I do agree though that we should go back to basics. Our team has completely forgotten to apply the basics for a few months now. Starting with the most basic of all, at least matching the work rate and intensity of our opponent. At this point in time we should concentrate on the simple things, like trying to correctly execute a pass to a team mate and not lose possession every few seconds before trying the fancy tricks.

I think we are in agreement. But as to the first paragraph, I don’t think Arteta was instructing Lacazette to never flick the ball. I think it was just for that specific drill.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
All the Sp**s trolls masquerading as Arteta fans are especially quiet now ey? Gdeep and Co. **** the Board and this scrub Arteta.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Why the **** would you appoint this ****ing scrub over so many proven coaches Out there. **** it, I want us to suffer now to teach the * board a lesson now. They ****ing need to suffer

Top Bottom