• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

Well yes... but it is! All the lovely football we'd play against them counted for nothing when we lost.

Wenger's teams at their best undoubtedly outplayed Ferguson's at their best but that didn't always translate into results for all sorts of reasons.

United never came to the Emirates and bullied Arsenal

This is why Ferdinand wouldn't make a good coach

GoonerJay24

Good encouraging performance especially in the first half; well balanced display from everyone. Lacazette and Torreria were outstanding.

Team needs to be more ruthless during counterattacks and also be better at keeping possession, we should not be constantly defending against mid table teams at home

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I am still worried about relegation. The league is competitive and lots of teams are fairly good. I hope we can go on a run and get some distance between ourselves and the bottom part of the table. Too early to start hoping for top 6 or top 4. Let's get the ship stabilised and go from there.

Oh, I think you can ease your mind about relegation. For goodness sake, Arsenal is in the top half of the table and has a ton more talent than all but a handful of teams. It really was never a worry. Or shouldn't be. The team lost its confidence and became a bit of a mess, but you can see a real difference the past two games (despite Leno's howler that rattled them temporarily and led to a loss).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thanks for triggering me. I am off to look at a Manure fan forum! :drool:
Spent last 60 minutes on Red Cafe. The match day thread is brilliant! What a bunch of absolute ******. If you ever feel upset with posters here, 5 minutes reading posts on that forum or the Sp**s forum will cure you. What a bunch of absolute idiots! Loved their abject disappointment and self hate when losing to us. Nice start to a happy 2020!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Oh, I think you can ease your mind about relegation. For goodness sake, Arsenal is in the top half of the table and has a ton more talent than all but a handful of teams. It really was never a worry. Or shouldn't be. The team lost its confidence and became a bit of a mess, but you can see a real difference the past two games (despite Leno's howler that rattled them temporarily and led to a loss).
Hopefully you are right. I just felt we were losing and drawing game after game and absolutely nothing improving until Arteta took over. Other teams around us played a lot better and when teams like Everton etc. started picking up points I think it is natural to start worrying. Still am not out of the worrying but today’s result sure helped a lot. I hope we can go on a bit of a run and string some wins together.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Spent last 60 minutes on Red Cafe. The match day thread is brilliant! What a bunch of absolute ******. If you ever feel upset with posters here, 5 minutes reading posts on that forum or the Sp**s forum will cure you. What a bunch of absolute idiots! Loved their abject disappointment and self hate when losing to us. Nice start to a happy 2020!

You gotta grab some highlights for us next time!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Hopefully you are right. I just felt we were losing and drawing game after game and absolutely nothing improving until Arteta took over. Other teams around us played a lot better and when teams like Everton etc. started picking up points I think it is natural to start worrying. Still am not out of the worrying but today’s result sure helped a lot. I hope we can go on a bit of a run and string some wins together.
We nearly beat or at least drew with Chelsea last week, clean sheet against United today (CS even better), only just over 1/2 way through the season, we've got a new coach, a new mindset, the players look a lot happier now. We keep playing like this we should be able to beat half the teams we drew with in the 1st part of the season. Our fitness levels will just get up from here, our confidence & team togetherness will only go up.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

David Luiz's post-match interview was certainly enlightening.

Damn Emery, and the club for sticking with Emery.

Anything incriminating? I mean beyond the fact we knew he wasn't the caliber of manager we required at the time.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A good win with phenomenal performances from a number of players, especially Torreira (who I'm glad the management has not given up on & restored him to his correct position where his best performances last season came from) and AMN, who will have Bellerin's claim to a starting place a difficult proposition instead of the procession most expected on here.

But we still have our work cut out for us.

Vanpayslip

Best performance in a long time. I like the back to basics approach with players playing their own positions (except where injuries do not allow such as AMN) and a straight forward formation. It’s going to take time but looks like they will be able to de-Emerify the squad soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom