• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bottom line the sooner the season is over the better. From start to finish we as a team have been pathetic. Under Emery and to be honest while I am for Arteta and wanted him there hasnt been a manager bounce.

We have played Bournemouth, Chelsea, United, and Palace and have picked up 5 points.

Theres been no bounce. We play well for 20-30 minutes but we dont control games. Nor try to kill them off. As bad as United were against us they have destroyed Norwich and should be 5 or 6 up. We wouldnt even dominate this game.

Sooner the summer comes the better. Arteta needs to get quality in and get the rubbish out. Its gonna be another rebuild job and one that will take time.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not a red card for me. He clearly gets the ball. It is a hard tackle but nowhere near as bad as Aubas today.

It's sad that fans are using the referee to make excuses for our failings. It borders pathetic and embarrassing.
Fine, you obviously see things differently than most of us. Not sure I would call the viewpoint that we are getting less love from refs than our opposition pathetic, but if that fancies you, fine go ahead.

I personally think you are just silly trying to get some point across about our team not being tough enough, which I agree with, but doing it this way isn't correct. You are mixing up two issue.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Bottom line the sooner the season is over the better. From start to finish we as a team have been pathetic. Under Emery and to be honest while I am for Arteta and wanted him there hasnt been a manager bounce.

We have played Bournemouth, Chelsea, United, and Palace and have picked up 5 points.

Theres been no bounce. We play well for 20-30 minutes but we dont control games. Nor try to kill them off. As bad as United were against us they have destroyed Norwich and should be 5 or 6 up. We wouldnt even dominate this game.

Sooner the summer comes the better. Arteta needs to get quality in and get the rubbish out. Its gonna be another rebuild job and one that will take time.
I hope we have some hidden cash stashed away somewhere. 3 seasons without CL money.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

We absolutly controlled the game in those 20 minutes, we absolutly controlled the second half against Leeds and we absolutly controlled the entire game against Man United.

I can't believe your serious if you think there's been no noticeable improvement since Arteta came in. Even today apart from those 20 minutes, we would have cracked after that red card the last few years. We didn't today.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not a red card for me. He clearly gets the ball. It is a hard tackle but nowhere near as bad as Aubas today.
Honestly, with that statement you are so far off base it is plain ridiculous. How that is not a red is beyond me. He is totally out of control in the tackle flying through the air with his whole body in the air. One or two more inches towards Pepe and he would have landed full on Pepe's ankle. It is just pure luck that Pepe isn't out for the season.

Are you sure you are supporting Arsenal? Or are you just playing the internet tough guy?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We absolutly controlled the game in those 20 minutes, we absolutly controlled the second half against Leeds and we absolutly controlled the entire game against Man United.

I can't believe your serious if you think there's been no noticeable improvement since Arteta came in.

There has been an improvement in performances in patches but not in 90 minutes or in results.

We dominated chelsea until they made a small tactical change then the whole game swung in their favour.

Against united they were completely lacklustre against us. We got 2 0 up and the whole second half we sat deep and defender while they pushed forward. Could we not have played abit more but pushing for 3 and 4 but not retreating so deep?

Leeds is a championship team. We got battered in the first half and arguably the game should have been over in the first half. Do you not agree? Do you think a team like us should be getting played around like the first half against leeds? You think that's significant improvement?

I am 100% behind Arteta but unfortunately while I see improvement I dont see much of it. And results are proving the same.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Honestly, with that statement you are so far off base it is plain ridiculous. How that is not a red is beyond me. He is totally out of control in the tackle flying through the air with his whole body in the air. One or two more inches towards Pepe and he would have landed full on Pepe's ankle. It is just pure luck that Pepe isn't out for the season.

Are you sure you are supporting Arsenal? Or are you just playing the internet tough guy?

For me it's in that orange zone. For me I dont think it's a red. I dont think it's a clear red like Aubas. He gets the ball and follows through. But I've seen other challenges like that in other games and no red card either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There has been an improvement in performances in patches but not in 90 minutes or in results.

We dominated chelsea until they made a small tactical change then the whole game swung in their favour.

Against united they were completely lacklustre against us. We got 2 0 up and the whole second half we sat deep and defender while they pushed forward. Could we not have played abit more but pushing for 3 and 4 but not retreating so deep?

Leeds is a championship team. We got battered in the first half and arguably the game should have been over in the first half. Do you not agree? Do you think a team like us should be getting played around like the first half against leeds? You think that's significant improvement?

I am 100% behind Arteta but unfortunately while I see improvement I dont see much of it. And results are proving the same.
I think the team fitness level is in bad state we can't keep it up for 90 min Luiz admit that don't know what our former fitness team were doing

Kysus

Good performance, dominated most of the game and nullified their threat when we didn't, really unlucky to drop points.

Still lacking sharpness and fluidity in the final third resulting in too few direct scoring possibilities. Will come with repetition not worried.

Guendouzi not ready yet, looks headless and nervous. AMN should cover for Torreira/Xhaka once Bellerin is ready to play a part.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think the team fitness level is in bad state we can't keep it up for 90 min Luiz admit that don't know what our former fitness team were doing

How can other teams do it? I mean surely fitness is a basic principle and requirement. In terms of keeping what up I dont know because if we keep the ball it's the other team who arguably have to run more to get it.

Leeds played us of the park for the entire first half. Is leeds fitter than us?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Luiz and Papa were good again today, don't think they have had a bad game since Mikel took over, very encouraging...hopefully Lucas' injury isn't too bad as we don't have a replacement for him, arguably our most important player, Xhaka was quality too but I still don't trust Guendouzi...hope to see Martinelli brought into the team again, gives us an edge we don't have without him.

Some things to work on, but more positives than negatives for me...Arteta is taking us in the right direction.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I disagree on all accounts. But I guess this is a case of different viewpoints.

- We lost against Chelsea because we weren't fit enough and couldn't keep fit anymore. Not specifically because of the tactial change. It helped, but we could have held the lead easily.

- The sitting deep against United was simple game management. We controlled the game even then and didn't let them create anything to avoid another Chelsea.

- Leed isn't a championship team for long and put some respect on Bielsa's name (The man credited by Poch and Pep both). Our players didn't and that was the reason we didn't do anything in the first half. Nobody (except Arteta because he knew) expected them to play pressing like they did. After that got cleared at halftime we did dominate, because they do have championship players at the moment.

Your mileage may vary on all of this though and I expect it does. And at the end of the day this is just a difference in how we personally saw these games though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Grim experience that, from the stands Auba’s looked a bit wild.

I don’t know if it was the same on tv but I thought there were some serious sh*thouse challenges going in on Pepe from Palace.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I disagree on all accounts. But I guess this is a case of different viewpoints.

- We lost against Chelsea because we weren't fit enough and couldn't keep fit anymore. Not specifically because of the tactial change. It helped, but we could have held the lead easily.

- The sitting deep against United was simple game management. We controlled the game even then and didn't let them create anything to avoid another Chelsea.

- Leed isn't a championship team for long and put some respect on Bielsa's name (The man credited by Poch and Pep both). Our players didn't and that was the reason we didn't do anything in the first half. Nobody (except Arteta because he knew) expected them to play pressing like they did. After that got cleared at halftime we did dominate, because they do have championship players at the moment.

Your mileage may vary on all of this though and I expect it does. And at the end of the day this is just a difference in how we personally saw these games though.

We have different opinions that's football.

The minute Jorginho came on the game changed. That was on 30 minutes. Now I dont see how after 30 minutes of abit of pressing our players were so tired that they gave up possession and chances and basically were outplayed in the 2nd half by chelsea. We also made mistakes. That didnt help but that's on the players. Fitness is not why Leno got it all wrong. Nor why Mustafi was turned. We got caught on a counter.

Whether you think Leeds is better than a championship team current standing dont lie. Our team full with premier league internationals were completely dominated. They couldn't get close. Why? Because Leeds knocked it around us. Wanted it more. Were more aggressive and generally were better. Had they had a decent striker on another day that first half finished 3 0 and we are out.

I am more than patient I know this is going to take time and we may never get what we want ie back to challenging as United have proved.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

For me it's in that orange zone. For me I dont think it's a red. I dont think it's a clear red like Aubas. He gets the ball and follows through. But I've seen other challenges like that in other games and no red card either.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Outplayed them for 30 minutes scored beautiful goal but failed to add more after that we just stopped playing our game. Crystal palace got lucky goal by deflection then auba got sent off correctly we did very well after that to hold on for 25 minutes pepe unlucky to not score the winner. AMN was motm he kept Zaha quiet
Cheers.

Manberg

Predator
We have different opinions that's football.

The minute Jorginho came on the game changed. That was on 30 minutes. Now I dont see how after 30 minutes of abit of pressing our players were so tired that they gave up possession and chances and basically were outplayed in the 2nd half by chelsea. We also made mistakes. That didnt help but that's on the players. Fitness is not why Leno got it all wrong. Nor why Mustafi was turned. We got caught on a counter.

Whether you think Leeds is better than a championship team current standing dont lie. Our team full with premier league internationals were completely dominated. They couldn't get close. Why? Because Leeds knocked it around us. Wanted it more. Were more aggressive and generally were better. Had they had a decent striker on another day that first half finished 3 0 and we are out.

I am more than patient I know this is going to take time and we may never get what we want ie back to challenging as United have proved.

But they were tired. You might say “they shouldn’t be”, doesn’t change the fact that they were physically drained. Against Chelsea and Utd players were pulling up for cramps left right and centre. You’re making it sound as if you’re not seeing improvement in the performances compared to Emery’s term as manager. That’s what we’re all positive about. It’s better to be very good for 30 minutes than be terrible the whole game, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom