• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

nicky47

Established Member
Love everything about Mikel Arteta so far, just a shame he hasn't had a little more luck. Deserved more.

But even after yesterdays dropped points and PEA's red card, I'm looking forward to next weekends game!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
17059.jpg

I miss ol fabo, had a nice mix of football knowledge, trolling ability and being able to entertain at the same time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Disappointed we didnt finish them off yesterday, and allowed them to disrupt us in the second half. All in all however I am confident that our switching off for their equaliser will be analysed and taken care of behind the scenes.

We march on, with first blood being 45 points. Thereafter I'd be more interested in preparations for 2020-21 and perhaps a run in the Europa League and FA Cup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think one of the reasons I’m happy with what I’ve seen is how positive he’s been with the players that we have.

He hasn’t come out and said he’s x amount of players short, and he’s tried to reintegrate players who were basically done like Xhaka and players who were in dreadful form like Torreira and Luiz.

It’s in the improved performance of marginal players like Luiz I’ve been most encouraged. He’s in no way a long term solution or a key piece moving forwards but Arteta hasn’t just chucked him on the scrap heap, he’s tried to fit him into the team and so far it’s worked.

Hexagon9

Our front four are coming in for a lot of criticism following yesterday but I don’t think there can be any doubt that MA has got us moving in the right direction.

Physical fitness/stamina seems to be an issue with our more dynamic style but that can soon be sorted out and, in all honesty, is something else that’s on the players, or should be if they have a modicum of professionalism and self-respect.

I was dubious about appointing MA but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the spells of good football we’ve put together under him. Of course, we need to do it for 90 minutes and it hasn’t delivered many points yet, but I think the signs are generally positive.

Oh, the referees aren’t biased. All clubs feel they don’t get the rub of the green but dodgy decisions even themselves out in the end. We just need to get on with it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We look a lot more organized and structured after Arteta took and apart form the first half against Leeds we have actually defended pretty well in all the matches.

In that regard I`m impresed wth that Arteta has already implemented.

Going forward we still don`t as much as we should but out hopefully that will come.
Think the quick change in how we are organised is what has impressed me the most. We don't leak shots on goals anymore and Arteta implemented this during the busiest part of the season with almost no time for regular practices. The whole structure and shape of the team improved almost overnight and this has nothing to do with conditioning or effort. It was simply that we got our players in the right positions, not just individually but as a team. Think this speaks volumes to how well he is able to get his thoughts and plan over to each individual team member.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
His substitutions are often too late and pointless. Hasn't done well in this regard so far. Lacazette was out on his feet yesterday. We needed a sub before Auba got sent off.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His substitutions are often too late and pointless. Hasn't done well in this regard so far. Lacazette was out on his feet yesterday. We needed a sub before Auba got sent off.

Bit harsh considering the only substitution we have is Martinelli.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bit harsh considering the only substitution we have is Martinelli.

Plus Guendouzi although forced.
4 league games in a row, we've looked leggy in the 2nd half, yet players have been ran into the ground.

I'm happy with Arteta' start, but this is an area of concern.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think we got his final effort.

He's been injured quite a bit at Inter, think he ran himself into the ground very early on, obviously with Copa America he played a lot of football. Seemed the type that could of gone on like Ronaldo, Ibra and Messi in terms of fitness into the 30's but his constant running around the pitch for 90 minutes must of killed him. Dog f*cker.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think one of the reasons I’m happy with what I’ve seen is how positive he’s been with the players that we have.

He hasn’t come out and said he’s x amount of players short, and he’s tried to reintegrate players who were basically done like Xhaka and players who were in dreadful form like Torreira and Luiz.

It’s in the improved performance of marginal players like Luiz I’ve been most encouraged. He’s in no way a long term solution or a key piece moving forwards but Arteta hasn’t just chucked him on the scrap heap, he’s tried to fit him into the team and so far it’s worked.
Providing there's not much sustained pressure, Luiz is not a bad stop gap. His distribution is his asset and Mikel has been using that to our advantage. Against United Kola set off like a greyhound on at least 3 occasions and Luiz found him with pin point accuracy. Obviously something they'd worked on.

He looked like a donkey at the back end of the Emery reign.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Providing there's not much sustained pressure, Luiz is not a bad stop gap. His distribution is his asset and Mikel has been using that to our advantage. Against United Kola set off like a greyhound on at least 3 occasions and Luiz found him with pin point accuracy. Obviously something they'd worked on.

He looked like a donkey at the back end of the Emery reign.

Yeah exactly, think a good manager works on making what he has better rather than just crying for new players every window and although it’s early days I’m glad he’s tried to fix players who were underperforming.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah exactly, think a good manager works on making what he has better rather than just crying for new players every window and although it’s early days I’m glad he’s tried to fix players who were underperforming.
Yeah, like buying your partner an outfit from Ann Summers instead of playing the field.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom