• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Embarrassing that Solskjaer played him against Wolves, he’s been having an unreal season and he’s had it cut short with possible lingering effects for his career.

@Juan Matas Beard must be fuming.

My initial reaction was shock, how was he having such a fantastic season whilst having that injury? He was on fire against Norwich but was taken off when he was chasing a hat trick - not much was thought of it, just before Wolves.

Now I'm pretty pissed, our medical staff is just another of one hundred examples of how incompetent our club is being ran post Ferguson.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My initial reaction was shock, how was he having such a fantastic season whilst having that injury? He was on fire against Norwich but was taken off when he was chasing a hat trick - not much was thought of it, just before Wolves.

Now I'm pretty pissed, our medical staff is just another of one hundred examples of how incompetent our club is being ran post Ferguson.

It makes no sense to me at all. He’s got a single stress fracture in his back and a severe pain in his ankle going into the Wolves game.

Considering the FA Cup shouldn’t be a high priority for you at all this year why even bring him on at all? Give him a week to rest up, maybe the Liverpool game as well seen as you’re unlikely to be favourites for that.

Ole playing him 90 minutes against us then off the bench in the first cup tie against Wolves a couple of days later then 90 minutes mid week in the Caraboa Cup, before starting him against relegation fodder 3 days later and then in the cup replay off the bench again is dreadful injury management.

He could’ve arguably rested him for almost all those games, he may still have needed an extended period out but he’s definitely made things worse.

This is shambolic

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

It makes no sense to me at all. He’s got a single stress fracture in his back and a severe pain in his ankle going into the Wolves game.

Considering the FA Cup shouldn’t be a high priority for you at all this year why even bring him on at all? Give him a week to rest up, maybe the Liverpool game as well seen as you’re unlikely to be favourites for that.

Ole playing him 90 minutes against us then off the bench in the first cup tie against Wolves a couple of days later then 90 minutes mid week in the Caraboa Cup, before starting him against relegation fodder 3 days later and then in the cup replay off the bench again is dreadful injury management.

He could’ve arguably rested him for almost all those games, he may still have needed an extended period out but he’s definitely made things worse.

This is shambolic

To add to that he's still a kid yet he's played 200+ games for United. And yes, he's started most of these games. His overplaying is a product of not replacing Lukaku and Sanchez (again poor management).

His talent is clear (for me the best winger that has broke out of our youth since Giggs/Beckham), but if we're not careful he risks going the Owen route but to be fair to him, this is the first major injury he's ever had. Usually dependable for 40 games a season and probably still will be after this injury.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To add to that he's still a kid yet he's played 200+ games for United. And yes, he's started most of these games. His overplaying is a product of not replacing Lukaku and Sanchez (again poor management).

His talent is clear (for me the best winger that has broke out of our youth since Giggs/Beckham), but if we're not careful he risks going the Owen route but to be fair to him, this is the first major injury he's ever had. Usually dependable for 40 games a season and probably still will be after this injury.

The Lukaku transfer is still baffling to me if you’re not going to make an effort at replacing him.

Didn’t even have to be a big money signing but at least go for someone who could ease the burden on Rashford and Martial. I laughed at the Ben Yedder links in the summer but he’d have helped massively with the workload.

I actually think your team is coming together well overall, got a very promising back line with Williams and midfield is much improved even without Pogba.

Just need to get some quality and depth up front now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Without Rashford is big trouble for UTD it's similar to us if we lost Auba for 2 months i think they'll need to sign striker even on loan. with Woodward think it's bit difficult.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Without Rashford is big trouble for UTD it's similar to us if we lost Auba for 2 months i think they'll need to sign striker even on loan. with Woodward think it's bit difficult.

Market is awful, end up overpaying for someone average like Willian Jose.

All Woodward’s fault, selling Lukaku and Sanchez but not buying a replacement was asking for trouble.

You’ve got to look at the bigger picture if you’re a Utd fan though. I think they overpaid but AWB and Maguire are good building blocks.

This year was always going to be a struggle and they probably should’ve had lower expectations going in.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Market is awful, end up overpaying for someone average like Willian Jose.

All Woodward’s fault, selling Lukaku and Sanchez but not buying a replacement was asking for trouble.

You’ve got to look at the bigger picture if you’re a Utd fan though. I think they overpaid but AWB and Maguire are good building blocks.

This year was always going to be a struggle and they probably should’ve had lower expectations going in.
Yes it was always going to end up in trouble for them even tho both Wan-Bissaka and Maguire haven't impressed that much.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Sacking Van Gaal was a mistake. He had just won them the FA cup and they sack him. I didn’t get that.

Had he stayed he was only going to have 1 more season before retiring anyway.

I think our worst transfer business in the premier league era came under Van Gaal in 2014-2016. Bought some of the worst clowns in Rojo, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Valdes etc.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Had he stayed he was only going to have 1 more season before retiring anyway.

I think our worst transfer business in the premier league era came under Van Gaal in 2014-2016. Bought some of the worst clowns in Rojo, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Valdes etc.

Seemed like a good window at the time tbf, wasn't Di Maria signed then as well?

I think United are a bit like Arsenal, bang average recruitment for the last 5 years and players knocking around still.

Mustafi/Xhaka/Kos/Iwobi all needed replacing with quality and we've only just got around to doing it.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Seemed like a good window at the time tbf, wasn't Di Maria signed then as well?

I think United are a bit like Arsenal, bang average recruitment for the last 5 years and players knocking around still.

Mustafi/Xhaka/Kos/Iwobi all needed replacing with quality and we've only just got around to doing it.

Di Maria was his first window, there was a lot of hope back then. :lol:

I think based on the sheer amount spent in recent years, our transfer business is miles worse than yours.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Di Maria was his first window, there was a lot of hope back then. :lol:

I think based on the sheer amount spent in recent years, our transfer business is miles worse than yours.

Yeah agreed, but think we're similar in that recruit has been poor and players haven't even been replaced who are clearly not good enough.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think their coaching has been a problem for too long. The stuff on Lukaku is a prime example, struggled with weight his entire time at Utd due to some digestion problem.

Goes to Inter, gets a nutritionist to correctly treat the issue and he’s having his best season in years.

Same with Juan Mata, was a phenomenal attacking threat at Chelsea and Valencia then becomes an almost nothing player overnight at Utd.

Players go to Utd and seemingly stagnate then kick on once they leave. Fitness and sports science seems out of touch as well as the actual coaching, this is one of the biggest clubs in the world on a par with the likes of Real or Bayern and they’re just a total shambles.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We may find out soon if the Auba rumours are true. But actually I think we're better off without him than Manu are without Rashford. We've got Martinelli.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom