• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Lemar could be a good fit given his profile of a creative, left winger who flourishes when he can come centrally. You got pepe wide on the right with the RB tucking into central midfield, and on the left you could have Lemar coming centrally with Kolasinac/Tierney going high and wide on that side with still a central midfielder left to cover defensively. You could even replicate this with youngsters Saka on the right and Nelson on the left as someone who drifts in while the LB provides width.

Lemar could be a quick fix for more creativity. On the other hand I wouldn't mind to end this season with this squad and then go out in the summer. Could be a risky punt, but I guess an option would be to cash in on both Aubameyang and Lacazette and go hard for a free Cavani on a two year contract - Edinson has worked and scored in every team and league he played for and he's a very good athlete; I don't think he'll very much suffer physically in the next years. Gives you a frontline of Cavani and Martinelli as his backup. On that right side you may want to take a look at loaning out Saka - the boy's been doing well but he's only 18 - and bringing in Ryan Fraser on a free, too, to have a more consistent and experienced backup for that right wide side; 4 year contract, after two/three seasons you sell a 28/29 year old league proven player. Operating like this would keep the quality up front on the same level while generating money through the Auba+Laca sales which could in the summer go into a recently less struggling left winger than Lemar and central midfield.
Would love to bring in Fraser as a rotational option.

I actually value Laca, and I have been consistent in saying that he's our best CF, despite what his stats say, we just play better when he's CF than when Auba is CF.
But that being said, I have watched him since his debut with the french u19 team, and he has been declining rapidly in the last few years.
It would be sensible business to move Lacazette this year and get someone younger while we still can get some value for him. With Auba and Martinelli, we have some stop gap solutions, and we could get someone else this summer (Jovic, Werner there are some options out there).
Regarding Lemar, he had one purple patch, the year Monaco won everything. But if you look at his stats, he has never been someone who scores or assist a lot. His contributions in the final third are close to what Iwobi produced, even lower, and I don't think it will change a lot if he came here.
But what Lemar brings is a very good engine, he can run up and down the pitch for the whole game, and he is very useful in possession as he rarely loses the ball under pressure and has a high pass completion rate, even if he always tries to pass forward.
I think Arteta can use that kind of player, it's a profile we don't really have in this team, and it would balance the high risk high reward play style of Pepe.
I understand what you are saying. Laca has been struggling for goals tbf and has not fulfilled the potential that he had at a young age nor replicated his league 1 form.

Everyone here knows I have always stood up for him initially and it's because deep within, I know there is a very good striker in there. I also like his passion and hard work which is a really rare commodity in players nowadays. He's showed some promise in the last few games though but still didn't quite get on the scoresheet and I understand fans' frustrations regarding that.
I feel that ha could come into his own with Arteta's help and finally get the goals going form him. However, that doesn't mean that I haven't lost a bit of patience too. In fact, I'd give him till the end of the season and assess him further then determine whether he is worth keeping or not.

Regarding a swap with Lemar, it would be absurd to exchange a player who is not really good at the final third with one that is terrible at it. Of course, Lemar doesn't play centrally but in the modern game, the wingers/ SS are expected to score as is evident with most teams so if Lemar doesn't fit that bill then what's the point?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we getting because our attacking depth is bad. We have nobody coming from bench who is good attacker.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Looks like Cavani is going to A.Madrid and they need to sell/loan on of thier attackers first

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Maybe we'll go with late push to sign both this Ukrainian cb and Lemar we desperately need good depth can't keep depending on 18 years olds

Top Bottom