• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscoGooner8

Elneny was a low fee and low wages. Buying junk players like these is what got us in this spot in the first place.

RB is a position of need but there are so many better players available for a similar price who are much younger and much more talented.

Can’t get behind this at all, these kind of deals are absolutely pointless.

Tomiyasu and Bogle are two players I’ve seen a lot of who’d be much better, much younger and are available for a similar price.
Agreed, so tired of the Elneny type signings. They rot on the bench and then we can’t offload them because they suck and are on too high wages and then we can’t sign anyone good.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Kinda meh as a signing, ok as a back up I guess...miss the days when we had Eboue doing very well at right back, but still signed Sagna anyway...want those types of talents again if i'm honest, would prefer a younger player if honest.

I just wish Niles worked on being a right back, feel he would have a lot of potential there...at least lets try him in midfield again, need some power in there.

Eboue was **** and that’s why we signed Sagna.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's also had a lot of injuries during that time so is kinda understandable. Not to mention sorely missed due to lack of direct replacement during those times.

Before last season he was playing regularly and in that time I didn't see any improvement. I agree he has never had decent competition for RB, maybe that's part of the problem.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Think this would be a smart signing. Would allow us to move AMN to midfield under Arteta’s tutelage. Soares and Mari would be good business with how limited our finances are right now.
We are always limited ffs it is becoming boring. Why drag transfers out? Get in done be it 7m or 70m!!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An interesting option as a utility player. Would he get just a short contract?

Things could be much different if the conveyor belt of Arsenal academy can produce decent young defenders.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
70M net spend last year I think. Wenger said there was money to spend after he left.

Permanently limited finances FC.
Talking about the winter transfer window only. Need that CL to move forward on these issues.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Why do you care about AMN future? I wish we get rid of him this summer. Some players are average, but AMN is terrible. I cannot care less about his future and the position he will play for Arsenal. We gave him enough chance and he managed to screw it. So **** him and sell the guy asap. Nelson might be able to do something like Saka

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
To me anyone is an upgrade over AMN. I am amazed that some of you still rate him watching his attitude and carelessness as a football player

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
That must be the thinking. My concern is that despite AMNs insistence that he is a midfielder, it may turn out thy he is in fact a far better RB than he is a CM.
I guess now we'll find out
Should be sold if he's not going to be the backup RB. Too nonchalant to play in midfield

ClubLevel

We need a player that will fight for the RB spot and to push Bellerin, not someone who is happy to come in as a back up to sit on the bench. Also means Bellerin's level would drop even more knowing that unless he is injured he won't be dropped.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I've had the impression from what I've seen and heard that he's a solid defender that doesn't contribute all that much in attack. Could be a good help to our defending issues, staying behind to make a back 3 while paired with a more attacking fullback like Saka.

The cheap fix type of signings we've made recently haven't been hits so there's definitely room to doubt this transfer though. Not sure he's the long-term quality solution we're looking for, but who knows.

Sydney-Gooner

I've had the impression from what I've seen and heard that he's a solid defender that doesn't contribute all that much in attack. Could be a good help to our defending issues, staying behind to make a back 3 while paired with a more attacking fullback like Saka.

The cheap fix type of signings we've made recently haven't been hits so there's definitely room to doubt this transfer though. Not sure he's the long-term quality solution we're looking for, but who knows.

I'd be completely for Soares if he's a solid Sagna like signing defensively.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why do you care about AMN future? I wish we get rid of him this summer. Some players are average, but AMN is terrible. I cannot care less about his future and the position he will play for Arsenal. We gave him enough chance and he managed to screw it. So **** him and sell the guy asap. Nelson might be able to do something like Saka

Wow. Thrown in under Wenger at left back, then moved to right wing back, then right back, then coached by Emery which is basically a waste of time for any young player, form drops because he has literally no instruction. He then gets dropped completely and doesn't make the bench. Arteta comes him, plays him inverted which makes him look like a different player. Good enough defensively to put Zaha in his pocket, good enough offensively to provide assists this season and at the age of 22 under a new manager you just want to sell him? If he was 25 I would agree. However he has a good 3 years of development and 3 years can be a massive game changer.

You need to look at raw attributes and see whether they are worth sticking with.

Is he athletic? Fast and strong enough to handle Zaha. Fast enough to keep up with Salah and able to stay on his feet and not dive in. Pretty solid defensively.

Can he pass? I think his passing range is underrated. He passes the ball with his left foot while playing right back. He can ping diagonal across the pitch and he has good pace and inclusiveness to his short passes.

Can he dribble? Also underrated and could be useful in bringing more press resistance to our midfield.

His weakness is concentration and a lack of maturity, but I think when he is an all action area of the pitch the need for concentration is slightly less. He falls asleep during dead time and lack of pressure. He wakes up in a battle.

Some players take longer to mature than others. pHysically and also mentally. I wouldn't give up on him yet and I am pretty sure Arteta has seen something in him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Interesting thread from somebody who actually thinks he’d be a good signing:

And they are probably right as I've seen several reports about many Arsenal fans absolutely loosing it as they rate him highly and deem this deal super clever.

Think I'll go with their oppinion rather than the classic AM guys that hate on most deals by default without knowing the player or having seen him against us only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom