• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Would the club really spend the money for him now? They could have him for nothing in July and the need for a RB isn’t that pressing in these last 4 months of the season.

StefanB

Always thought he was a good player whenever I watched Southampton play. However I only want him signed of the plan is to play Niles in midfield, if not I don't get why we would go for another RB. Niles has been class under Arteta.

Vantastico

Would the club really spend the money for him now? They could have him for nothing in July and the need for a RB isn’t that pressing in these last 4 months of the season.
Could a mod please change my name to Field433? Or his to Cesctastico?

Reactions: A_G

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
28 year old Portugal international with Premier League experience for around £5m, this makes sense providing his wages aren't high and he isn't expecting to be first choice.
Maitland-Niles switches off too regularly for a defender and openly doesn't enjoy playing there plus Saka and Kolasinac are so attacking that having a fullback who is more comfortable staying back in a three could work out well, like Abidal used to when Alves played 'right back'.
He's more Lee Dixon , Gary Neville than Dani Alves but that's fine and we could really use another right back, it would also give us more options in midfield if AMN goes back to playing there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I thought Cedric was a decent player? Am I wrong in thinking that?

Why is it always doom and gloom, the club want to back Bellerin so Cedric would be good enough competition/rotation for him without stepping on his toes.

In terms of AMN, I'm sure Arteta has a plan for him considering how he has performed under him.

sykesy69

Before last season he was playing regularly and in that time I didn't see any improvement. I agree he has never had decent competition for RB, maybe that's part of the problem.
Defo part of the problem for me, we as a team plateaued also which never really helps. There's a decent player in there, just think he's lost some of his pace which will downgrade his ability somewhat.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Why is it always doom and gloom, the club want to back Bellerin so Cedric would be good enough competition/rotation for him without stepping on his toes.

In terms of AMN, I'm sure Arteta has a plan for him considering how he has performed under him.

You're not wrong. Cedric isn't going to be a world beater going forward, but he's strong defensively.

Vanfrothan

I think he's half decent in attack.

I'm sure it was him who danced round Chambers at The Emirates last year to put in on a plate for Austin.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unless we’re using AMN for left back cover why would we go for a right back now?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unless we’re using AMN for left back cover why would we go for a right back now?
Because we likely using AMN in midfield in future AMN is not RB he don't have the ability to play there.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
The truth is that we don't have any cover for Bellerin. AMN is awful as RB and Chambers is more CB and currently injured. If he comes with low salary, I am absolutely fine with it. Of course, the best scenario was to find someone younger with higher potential, but you cannot aim so high in the Winter window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s decent but until Hassenhuttl did a hard reset on Southampton’s tactics mid season he wasn’t getting much of a look in.

He’s reverted to a 4-4-2 with deep CM’s mainly to improve stability after the 9-0 to Leicester.

They’ve improved both results and performance wise but a lot of that is due to putting a strike partner alongside Ings and adding more bodies on the wings from their 3-5-2.

They still give up a lot of chances though, for me the main reason he’s back in their team is that he’s more natural at RB than wing back compared to any of their other options.

He’s a pretty average mid to lower table rotation option imo and that’s all he’ll ever be.

This is the kind of deal that stops you getting someone better in down the line, for me buying a back up for Bellerin is dangerous when we’re not sure if we count on him for 30+ games a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom