• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Unpopular opinion: They are still the only thing that matters.

The money does help in potentially achieving something, but manager, board, owner, overrated players can immediatly set fire to that ambition. Not to mention overly rich owners dilutes even the monetary value.

In the end though, unless you actually win it, nobody ****ing cares if you qualified for the Champions League. In 100 years nobody is going to look at a book about football history and say *WOW, that club has qualified X times for the champions league. What an achievement!*

So far, nobody is going to remember that WE were ever in the champions league, except for having lost to Barcelona in a final, either.
It's possible, but the odds of a club spending 5th in the EPL winning the Champions League are long. But first you've got to be in it. And that means top 4.

And if you can't win the CL or the league because teams have better players then winning the FA Cup is ****ing brilliant. I loved those wins, everyone!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

First things first, Pep didn't invent this concept. But this is the fundamentals of attacking in football, Drag the opposition to one side of the pitch and then quickly move the ball to the other side where there is more space to exploit. It seems basic but when you've seen our shambolic attempts at building attacks under Emery this kinda stuff seems amazing.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
2 weeks off, don't think the long flight is gonna do much harm.

Yeah Spain would be good. As long as it's outside London, get them to bond together, etc.

There's this place on Mallorca where Germans and English love to go and bond - with bad music, beer and hookers. Heard you can get fake sunglasses with a millenium guarantee by now over there.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Having principles and morals is important. If you only want to win, you could support any top club.

Trying to work out how what I said was amoral or lacking in principle

tenor.gif

How is being concerned with enjoying the moment rather than how the club appears in history books either of those things?

Kysus

As much as i love Arteta it's still sad that Wengerball, and the creative expression of freedom that came with it, is gone forever.
Arteta is very systematic which has its advantadges but will never be as beautiful as Wengerball at peak as chaos is a necessity for creativity.

We as Arsenal fans really were blessed, the human soul in its purest and most creative form brought onto a football pitch. Oh Arsène Wenger, I bow down to you, our legend.

Manberg

Predator
As much as i love Arteta it's still sad that Wengerball, and the creative expression of freedom that came with it, is gone forever.
Arteta is very systematic which has its advantadges but will never be as beautiful as Wengerball at peak as chaos is a necessity for creativity.

We as Arsenal fans really were blessed, the human soul in its purest and most creative form brought onto a football pitch. Oh Arsène Wenger, I bow down to you, our legend.

Artetaball has the potential to be better in my opinion. Wengerball emphasised passing and movement. Artetaball does the same but with positioning on top.

Kysus

Artetaball will be more straightforward as it depends on systemised, conditioned patterns that are internalized and therefore allow players to be more effective by having to make less decisions because more actions are automatized into muscle memory.

Wengerball was the expression of creative freedom on a football pitch, Art. It was genius and went "beyond football", touched the hearts of multiple generations and made many people into fans of this club.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I think both arguments are right...football is about remembering moments that make you happy, players/goals/wins/matches etc...but there is also something very special about seeing the club you love lift a trophy, every time I see Arsène with that gold trophy :drool:

Would edge towards winning trophies being the best thing about football, as good as those other moments are, there is nothing quite like that.
By themselves, either one creates nice memories but the truly immortal moments are the ones where the 2 combine which is why the invincible season is so special. It was a major trophy won in a magical way.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

What a post!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Totally agree. Wengerball will never be emulated by any team or manager. And he did it with rag-tag squads for a lot of his career.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Wengerball was the expression of creative freedom on a football pitch, Art. It was genius and went "beyond football", touched the hearts of multiple generations and made many people into fans of this club.

Brilliant posts, now don't pull our heartstrings :)

source.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wengerball was lightning in a bottle.

It was set up to allow players to think for themselves and take action and responsibility on the pitch, while also allowing for a team to be better than a sum of its parts.

as soon as our new players became weaker mentally and Arsène became stubborn in his principles, it began to crumble.

There’s no space for that in modern football.

Vantastico

Wouldn't be an Arsenal goal clip if it didn't start off with a ridiculously risky legbreaker by Mustafi, to someone under so much pressure they could barely pass it back with a heavy touch. :lol:

Guess it was well-executed though because it did invite pressure. So maybe Arteta was proud of that play by Mustafi after all. What do I know?

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak

One of the best posts I have read on here in recent years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom