• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette's hold up play is a bit of a myth that steams from some delusional fans on here going way OTT in over rating him.
Nah it did used to be quite good, it’s just gone along with every other facet of his game atm.

he got 10+ assists last season right?

He banned?

Not sure there is any other logical reason for him not posting for a while. The guy was a machine on here.

Nah it did used to be quite good, it’s just gone along with every other facet of his game atm.

he got 10+ assists last season right?

Think it was 8 assists or something. But even with them I never consider him that good at hold up play. Bad first touch, poor vision. Does have some creative ideas though at times but mostly let down then by execution.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is Killing his confidence by further playing him. It will do him a world of good by resting him

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think it was 8 assists or something. But even with them I never consider him that good at hold up play. Bad first touch, poor vision. Does have some creative ideas though at times but mostly let down then by execution.
Good and great are two different things, and he was in my opinion good at holding the ball and helping the team.
Funny thing about Laca: When he was actually playing some good football with us and scoring/assisting winners, he would constantly get benched soon after, but when he is ****ting himself all over the pitch he is a regular starter.

Gunner-Union

If we want a striker to hold up the play then get a targetman like a mitrovic or someone similar as laca is not big enough or strong enough to hold off strong defenders as win headers

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He should get benched before the fans get onto him and make it worse.

We need a new scapegoat for the results, I nominate Martinelli- we should put him upfront and see if he sinks or swims.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So I have done a bit of research and the evidence is quite compelling. In all competitions we have only won 4 away games. Newcastle and West Ham in the league, Frankfurt in Europa and Bournemouth in the FA Cup. Yep, it's that bad but what makes it worse for Lacazette is that in all those 4 away games Lacazette had ZERO minutes involved.

The stats show it, the eye test show it, the points show it, we are a better team away when Fatcazette isn't on the pitch but managers still persist with mediocrity. Maybe he has too big of an influence in the dressing room but I find it so hard to understand what he brings that he needs to start every game. And please don't say workrate because Eddie has shown you can work your socks off and still bag a goal.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Not sure how starting him every week and praising him massively too is killing his confidence. Players will tell you it’s being pulled out of the team and not playing, and being surplus to their team is when the confidence really takes a hit.
Well, if he keeps performing poorly his confidence will continue to nosedive.
He's in such a horrible form now that the best thing arteta can do for him is to drop him. Arteta should drop him for a couple of games to keep him out of the spotlight. I imagine if the team has another type of performance as today, the fans will be baying for his blood and he will be scapegoated.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well, if he keeps performing poorly his confidence will continue to nosedive.
He's in such a horrible form now that the best thing arteta can do for him is to drop him. Arteta should drop him for a couple of games to keep him out of the spotlight. I imagine if the team has another type of performance as today, the fans will be baying for his blood and he will be scapegoated.

I don't care about his confidence, that has nothing to do with his height or his lack of pace. The only confidence that concerns me is my confidence in Arteta to bench him. We all see that Laca is holding us back in attack, Arteta needs to respond to this issue in the next game.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't care about his confidence, that has nothing to do with his height or his lack of pace. The only confidence that concerns me is my confidence in Arteta to bench him. We all see that Laca is holding us back in attack, Arteta needs to respond to this issue in the next game.

He needs to be dropped because he isn’t playing well. You’re a fool if you think dropping him is suddenly going to fix our problems in attack. It goes deeper than that. Funnily enough I think Arteta would prefer having players like Iwobi and Mkhitaryan in the squad at the minute. Wide players with a more creative side rather than tricky and direct.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He needs to be dropped because he isn’t playing well. You’re a fool if you think dropping him is suddenly going to fix our problems in attack. It goes deeper than that. Funnily enough I think Arteta would prefer having players like Iwobi and Mkhitaryan in the squad at the minute. Wide players with a more creative side rather than tricky and direct.

You're a fool if you read that into my post. I'm well aware that we need new players in every area. I said Laca needs to be dropped, I didn't say it would fix our attack but I believe it would improve it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You should care because whether you like it or not, a confident lacazette is good player on his day. You should care about the welfare of our players. A good Man manager would have dropped Laca already. I'm not his biggest fan and I believe we should upgrade him in the summer, but you can't deny that an on-form Lacazette is capable of elevating our attack up a level.

Hopefully, Arteta does the needful in the next game and probably the 2 weeks rest can do him a world of good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom