• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Any chance of just doing a simple player swap, maybe offer a bit of money aswell to be on the safe side. What about Lacazette for Richarlison from Everton, anyone else like that idea?

Richarlissom got a 85m offer from Barcelona. Why would he downgrade to Arsenal?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Just because we are in a rough patch atm, probably one of our roughest patches ever doesn't mean we aren't a big club anymore. A lot of the players we sign tend to say that we are a very big club for example. We are still bigger then Everton, imo still bigger then Tottenham aswell. All it will take is a few good wins to get our confidence & belief back up, start scoring again.

El Duderino

You never know mate, nothing is impossible. He may see us as an upgrade over Everton at least. He'd probably get a better chance with us then at Barca.

We are not bigger than Barcelona and, who along with Madrid, are the be all end all of football for South American players.

He's a mainstay in Tites call ups and will continue to do so knowing Tite.

Lastly, he has a value set by the market (regardless of whether it’s worth it or not), and it’s much, mich higher than Lucas.

GoonerJay24

We are not bigger than Barcelona and, who along with Madrid, are the be all end all of football for South American players.

He's a mainstay in Tites call ups and will continue to do so knowing Tite.

Lastly, he has a value set by the market (regardless of whether it’s worth it or not), and it’s much, mich higher than Lucas.

Maybe 10-20 years ago, nowadays the young South American players have grown up supporting English clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool

El Duderino

Well their not, but yes many youngsters in that region aspire to play for top six EPL clubs

Yes, they are. Chelsea began their rise with Roman as the EPL was beginning to be more popular and more televised here in South America.

They show more Chelsea games than Arsenal games (much to my irritation), they have a bigger online and offline presence.

GoonerJay24

Yes, they are. Chelsea began their rise with Roman as the EPL was beginning to be more popular and more televised here in South America.

They show more Chelsea games than Arsenal games (much to my irritation), they have a bigger online and offline presence.

Depends which part of South America; but I've tended to come across mostly Arsenal, United and Liverpool supporters in Brazil and Colombia.

Carribbean Islands also consists more Arsenal, United and Liverpool supporters. When you travel frequently you realise Chelsea's presence is not that great

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just because we are in a rough patch atm, probably one of our roughest patches ever doesn't mean we aren't a big club anymore. A lot of the players we sign tend to say that we are a very big club for example. We are still bigger then Everton, imo still bigger then Tottenham aswell. All it will take is a few good wins to get our confidence & belief back up, start scoring again.

Tbh players signing for clubs today are looking at CL if they are top players, EL if they are decent, or any PL club if they are 10 yrs old. We are a big club in terms of history but that doesn't attract the top players if you aren't playing CL or EL. There is a real chance we wont qualify for either and it will definitely affect who we can sign. Players who do sign are always going to say we are a big club, they can hardly say Arsenal have seen better days but I signed because no bigger team wanted me!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Tbh players signing for clubs today are looking at CL if they are top players, EL if they are decent, or any PL club if they are 10 yrs old. We are a big club in terms of history but that doesn't attract the top players if you aren't playing CL or EL. There is a real chance we wont qualify for either and it will definitely affect who we can sign. Players who do sign are always going to say we are a big club, they can hardly say Arsenal have seen better days but I signed because no bigger team wanted me!
Right on the money. Which player plays for the badge these days? It's either money or personal glory. I don't see any player being attached to a club emotionally like before. If we don't have EL or CL, we should at least end the season well and look like a team that can compete well next season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Richarlissom got a 85m offer from Barcelona. Why would he downgrade to Arsenal?
Barcelona squad is quite expensive and there is a chance we would be able to offer more money than them.
The only issue is we already have some big contracts with Özil and Mkhi who don't contribute anything and it's important to clear that out before we make a move for a top player this summer

El Duderino

That wasn’t real btw.

Who do you think has the biggest market value? A Brazillian who's been great at the EPL and has been improving year on year, or a Lacazette who's not been up to par with his Lyon days and can't score away from home?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Who do you think has the biggest market value? A Brazillian who's been great at the EPL and has been improving year on year, or a Lacazette who's not been up to par with his Lyon days and can't score away from home?
Richarlison for sure. But I was just saying that bid turned out to be false.

Credible journalists say the theory is that Everton actually created that rumour as some sort of declaration of intent. To show they aren’t a selling club.

Gunner-Union

if we are goping to play i hope he starts finding form. seems we want a targetman style front man to hold on to the ball and build off of but laca is not a targetman

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Credible journalists say the theory is that Everton actually created that rumour as some sort of declaration of intent. To show they aren’t a selling club.

That's amazing.

Would have loved it if a director from Everton waited until Sky were filming outside their ground, then they just so happened to walk past the camera on their phone, saying "Sorry Barcelona, we aren't interested, not even if you offered billions" ...then the phone actually started to ring or something :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That's amazing.

Would have loved it if a director from Everton waited until Sky were filming outside their ground, then they just so happened to walk past the camera on their phone, saying "Sorry Barcelona, we aren't interested, not even if you offered billions" ...then the phone actually started to ring or something :lol:
:lol::lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom