• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man City CL Ban Overturned

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah let's be honest they'll appeal and it'll be a while before it takes effect

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I suspect City appeal, CAS decide FFP is unenforceable, and the whole thing collapses or City get a far more watered down punishment along the lines of a fine and reduces squad size for Europe.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Will Aguero stick around out of loyalty and in the process spend his last year in Europe not playing in one of the biggest comps?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I suspect City appeal, CAS decide FFP is unenforceable, and the whole thing collapses or City get a far more watered down punishment along the lines of a fine and reduces squad size for Europe.

If FFP is found unenforceable that would change the game massively.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

There’s already been cases go before CAS and they haven’t deemed it unenforceable. They’ll look at two things. The first, have City really done what they’re accused of. The second, is the punishment adequate or excessive.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This reminds me a bit of the Saracens stuff in Rugby. Deducted 105 points (basically automatically relegating them) and fined £5m. They came out bullish saying they’d appeal but ultimately accepted their punishment because they knew they didn’t have a leg to stand on. They had been trying to get around salary caps by buying players houses and other similar stuff. I imagine City’s main defence will be that UEFA’s rules only exist to penalise Man City and they’re unjust. Something like that. It’s been obvious to everyone that their sponsorships deals have been massively inflated.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Finally, everyone knew it.

Have the FA/PL actually done or going to do anything? They have had a huge advantage in the PL through this and them sponsorship deals allowed them to make a huge jump on the competition and where they realistically would be without it.

Reactions: roz

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
There’s already been cases go before CAS and they haven’t deemed it unenforceable. They’ll look at two things. The first, have City really done what they’re accused of. The second, is the punishment adequate or excessive.

Poorly worded on my part. I doubt they tear up FFP but they've already shut down an investigation of PSG and that part of Milan's punishment was disproportionate. I'll be shocked if City end up with a 2 year ban.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Pep's gone this summer and we'll see domination of Liverpool for next 3 seasons.Harsh on our lives.

giphy.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom