• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How can people honestly watch Pepe and then still believe he won't come good, forget about the money obviously it was an insane figure which we paid for him. But you can just see what he has in his locker. The problem is we're just not getting him into threatening positions often enough. The way the team is geared up at the moment we're not really playing away that sees Pepe getting those spaces. It's why I want someone like Benrahma, if we attract the opponent to the left hand side and switch the ball quickly to the right Pepe will have space to cause damage. Martinelli on the left is more of a forward looking to get into space, so he benefits from doing the same but with the other flank. Look at City when both Mahrez and Sterling are playing, they draw the opposition to one side and then all of a sudden Mahrez/Sterling or whoever has a bit of space to operate on the other side. It's what their entire attack is based around. At the moment we're still in the early days of perfecting Arteta's style which I assume will end up similar to a Guardiola team where our main aim is dragging opponents one side and then quickly finding the players in space on the other side.

With Pepe you can see he's dangerous, look at everytime he plays he draws several opponents to him, they know he can absolutely rip teams apart given the space hence why no team allows him to have the space. Against United he found himself free and scores a goal, he also hit the post with a great effort, against West Ham finds space and curls one into the top corner, he then gets an assist in a similar position. He goes past players with ease, he's hard to stop when he's running at defenders. He has so much that makes a top top wide player that to write him off is beyond crazy it makes sense. You can really separate the people who just care about numbers and those who actually watch the game by how they view Pepe and if they're calling him a flop or not.

I know ball.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is why you have to keep playing him. I was disappointed he was dropped last game, he needs to be on the pitch to grow. Good game today, a goal and 2 assists, well done Pepe!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I am such a big fan of his style. Granted, he needs polishing and Hydro is probably right when he mentions he needs to be braver, but all in all i think his first season is OK. We will get so much more of him. And his damn smile!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I know ball.
We were only really debating against the agenda merchants and people who struggle with price tag bias.

Auba and Saka just confirmed what we’ve all been saying in their interview just now. The two of them saying how Auba is told to play as a second striker in order to create one v one opportunities for Saka.

Pepe is doing what he’s doing while playing in what is essentially a decoy role. If/when the system is tweaked to get him in dangerous areas consistently he’s going to be one of the most productive players in the league.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Macho I was just about to like your post but I guess that’s a can of worms for another day.

Gervinho comparisons are so lazy. I keep mentioning how Klopp wanted to sign Pepe and that’s because he’s a wide forward who was intended to compete with Salah and Mane, not a more traditional winger like Gervinho.

Pepe at his best could be a more technical version of Salah. Salah is practically a wide striker and has better goal scoring instincts but you could argue that Pepe is the better ball striker, dribbler and passer - he also has a better frame which could be utilised in the future.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be decent first season if he manage to end it with 10 goals 10 assists. So far is he got 6 goals 6 assists. Hopefully he go to another level until end of season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho I was just about to like your post but I guess that’s a can of worms for another day.
Not worth it mate, instead of a discussion there would just be insults and stuff. It’s hard to talk about without coming across accusatory.

Great match and great result - we saw a glimpse of what the lads can do today and hopefully Pepe’s returns will keep the critics off his back for a couple weeks.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Gervinho comparisons are so lazy. I keep mentioning how Klopp wanted to sign Pepe and that’s because he’s a wide forward who was intended to compete with Salah and Mane, not a more traditional winger like Gervinho.

Pepe at his best could be a more technical version of Salah. Salah is practically a wide striker and has better goal scoring instincts but you could argue that Pepe is the better ball striker, dribbler and passer - he also has a better frame which could be utilised in the future.
This is the sort of post I would expect Liverpool fans to make comparing the Henderson to Viera

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
First elite performance from Pepe here, finally. :Celebration:

Better when he combining more, linking up and not trying so many dribbles.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Would be decent first season if he manage to end it with 10 goals 10 assists. So far is he got 6 goals 6 assists. Hopefully he go to another level until end of season.

He is a 80 million player with focus on the end product, no so much in terms of ball retention and build up plays. A decent first season for this type of fee would be around 25 G+A-PK in the EPL, he is now with 8 (3 NPK Goals + 5 Assists), maybe he can reach 20.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is a 80 million player with focus on the end product, no so much in terms of ball retention and build up plays. A decent first season for this type of fee would be around 25 G+A-PK in the EPL, he is now with 8 (3 NPK Goals + 5 Assists), maybe he can reach 20.
Even if we had signed Zaha for the 80 million we were supposed to do, he’s not even posting those numbers and he’s grown up in this league.

People need to be realistic about this kid otherwise we might as well sell him now.

Vanpayslip

The down time has obviously done him good. His play in deeper positions was much improved. His propensity to try crazy skill deep in his own half has obviously been curbed.

I was pleased he is learning. Coming from where he did, obviously he could take more risks and play much deeper but now he can’t and he seems to have grasped that.

Looking forward to seeing him play more because he seems much happier now that he isn’t shackled by what seemed to be his own expectations of doing crazy skills all the time, all over the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom