• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
I hate this take of the situation. Gunnerblog talking about AMN needing to sacrifice for the team. How many years is he meant to sacrifice? He has been shifted around left back and right back for years watching players put in far more mediocre performances all over the pitch in their preferred position.

AMN is better than Guendouzi and we will probably see it when he moves to Crystal Palace and put Guendouzi in his pocket.
First of all, you need to look at Saka to put AMN into context, as surely we all agree Saka is the kind of talent this Club needs to focus on.

AMN has 90 games for us already. Did many of them come as a full-back? Yes, but managers see him on trainings as well. If after all these years of watching him train and play, managers don't trust him centrally, there is probably a very strong reason.

Also, he isn't sacrifising himself for the team. It's not like he wanted to be a footballer, but we are forcing him to play basketball. In modern football, fullbacks are the new midfielders, they have more time on the ball and often are key to connecting defense and attack.

For reference, look at these passing maps.

It's unfortunate, because I actually liked him under Arteta so far, as a full back.

9mYGLFZ9AjliFULs7xrR4icGjgE0JgZkM0tEfDKJwpw.jpg

dkXKQxV.jpg

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Could see teams around us in the league having interest.

When we were linked to Zaha though he might be a chip in that deal. Their midfield has three or four central players in the 29-32 bracket & no back up RB.

He isn't starting at any of our rival teams. Funnily enough, his best shot would be Sp**s and that would be at LB.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First of all, you need to look at Saka to put AMN into context, as surely we all agree Saka is the kind of talent this Club needs to focus on.

AMN has 90 games for us already. Did many of them come as a full-back? Yes, but managers see him on trainings as well. If after all these years of watching him train and play, managers don't trust him centrally, there is probably a very strong reason.

Also, he isn't sacrifising himself for the team. It's not like he wanted to be a footballer, but we are forcing him to play basketball. In modern football, fullbacks are the new midfielders, they have more time on the ball and often are key to connecting defense and attack.

For reference, look at these passing maps.

It's unfortunate, because I actually liked him under Arteta so far, as a full back.

9mYGLFZ9AjliFULs7xrR4icGjgE0JgZkM0tEfDKJwpw.jpg

dkXKQxV.jpg

What context does Saka provide? He is a left winger being asked to play left back. A position he has already played for England youth. Add to that the system is tailored to suit him so he is an advanced winger rather than a typical left back.

Contrast that with AMN. A holding midfielder at England youth level, a right midfielder on loan asked to play left back for Arsenal vs top 6 teams. Wtf is that? Some context would be playing Saka at right back with no system that allows him to overlap and see how he does there.

We literally threw AMN to the wolves with no protection in front of him. Add to that amongst all of that nonsense. He has had motm performances in all 3 positions. He has a motm performance in central midfield at Old Trafford partnering Xhaka vs Pogba. Since then he hasn't received a single opportunity.

I don't care what they see in training. I see AMN winning headers, making recovery runs, dribbling past players, providing assists in wide areas. I hear about Guendouzi having arguments with the coach, I see him failing to win headers, rolling on the floor, getting dribbled past, dwelling on the ball, not being incisive, not tracking back, yet this guy gets picked every week?

AMN is capable of bossing the midfield with athleticism, just isn't being given the chance.

Keplaz

What context does Saka provide? He is a left winger being asked to play left back. A position he has already played for England youth. Add to that the system is tailored to suit him so he is an advanced winger rather than a typical left back.

Contrast that with AMN. A holding midfielder at England youth level, a right midfielder on loan asked to play left back for Arsenal vs top 6 teams. Wtf is that? Some context would be playing Saka at right back with no system that allows him to overlap and see how he does there.

We literally threw AMN to the wolves with no protection in front of him. Add to that amongst all of that nonsense. He has had motm performances in all 3 positions. He has a motm performance in central midfield at Old Trafford partnering Xhaka vs Pogba. Since then he hasn't received a single opportunity.

I don't care what they see in training. I see AMN winning headers, making recovery runs, dribbling past players, providing assists in wide areas. I hear about Guendouzi having arguments with the coach, I see him failing to win headers, rolling on the floor, getting dribbled past, dwelling on the ball, not being incisive, not tracking back, yet this guy gets picked every week?

AMN is capable of bossing the midfield with athleticism, just isn't being given the chance.
He has to earn his chance. Mustafi's resurrection shows Arteta will give chances to those that earn them. AMN can't be expected to earn a spot because he was MOM three times in the past. He has to show it in training.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I hate this take of the situation. Gunnerblog talking about AMN needing to sacrifice for the team. How many years is he meant to sacrifice? He has been shifted around left back and right back for years watching players put in far more mediocre performances all over the pitch in their preferred position.

AMN is better than Guendouzi and we will probably see it when he moves to Crystal Palace and put Guendouzi in his pocket.

Guy is grasping at straws, seems a lot of the non playing fanbase bring up attitude as a default explanation Ainsley was one of our top 3 best performers till he was dropped for Bellerin . Zaha hardly had a kick against him either . I don't know why he was dropped , but things will be clearer by the end of the season .

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The best compliment I can give this kid is that I really rate him. I used to get annoyed with seeing him in the line up ahead of Nelson because I had in my mind what I felt was what an Arsenal winger should be and Saka did not meet those standards. But in my ignorance, it got me thinking on why I didn't see him as a winger and similar players to him. Then it hit me. He's like Bale isn't he? I'm sure I am not the first to make the comparison but I needed to know why Saints thought Bale could only make it as a full back, and how that could affect Saka. There had to be something which held him back in his development in the attacking sense. Now my reasoning for this is because I think some of the development staff at Southampton we're debating the same issue. Lack of close control, too reliant on physical attributes, needs space to be effective etc. Then he goes to Sp**s and still continues at left back until that one night against Maicon and the rest was history.

Obviously, I'm not saying Saka is the new Bale but what I'm saying is, at what point do we accept that the kid is a forward? Some would argue that he's already had his big night in Europe against Frankfurt and he outplayed Pepe for the majority of the season. I don't think Saka is the most aesthetically pleasing players and I think way too many fans get hung up on “close control” and the “dribbly” types when the most effective types of wingers (the ones who rack up good numbers) are the ones concentrate mostly on movement and finishing. Already we see that Saka has great ball striking abilities and his movement and timing of runs are very good. He is also yet to play as a forward in Arteta’s vision yet and so I’m looking forward to how he functions as a wife forward.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka grows from game to game. His decision making and timing in surging forward is getting better and better. Hard to believe the club allows his contract entering the final 18 months. Tricky matter.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He will sign the extension tbf where would he play in the Liverpool team they have Robertson and Mane on the left side with all respect.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

"If he does join Liverpool then he's got a long wait and Liverpool already have a couple of young left-backs waiting in the wings who we've seen in the FA Cup this year, who would probably be on a par with Bukayo Saka at this moment in time."

What is McManaman smoking? :lol:

Wut? He's being linked to Liverpool?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He’s not even guaranteed first-team football here when everyone’s fit, never mind at Liverpool. So the question he might be asking himself is: Where would I rather wait?

Bit of a worry tbh :lol:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He will sign. As for where he ends up playing permanently, that will depend on his progress as a goal scorer. If he proves to be a player that can score 15+ goals in all competition without penalties, then you simply can't play him as a fullback. He also needs to improve his passing and right foot a bit to be the quality of winger needed at Arsenal FC.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

From head of development at Arsenal.. Honestly I agree with this, it’s what I’ve felt about him for a long time. Would like to see Saka get a run as a winger though to see if he can prove himself there too..

GunnerUK

Really bizarre with the contract situation.

Arsenal should be nailing it down to a table and making him sign it. But then again how many time’s have we hyped our young players like this, Arsenal give them massive contacts and they turn out bang average for the next 4 years and we struggling to rid of them.

Seems a really good prospect though

GunnerUK

From head of development at Arsenal.. Honestly I agree with this, it’s what I’ve felt about him for a long time. Would like to see Saka get a run as a winger though to see if he can prove himself there too..

From what I’ve seen his very Versatile on the left side and could probably play the whole line LB or LW.

It’s like Bale in reverse he started out as a LB then was pushed to LW/LM.

GoonerBoy19

Whoever is advising him on contract is a real idiot, Saka should concentrate next 3 years to become world's best. He will get big contracts if he manages to fulfill the potential he is showing. Staying at Arsenal and getting first team football would be best for him for now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

He has to get a run as winger if that is the position he wants. Worst thing we can do is box in at 18 year old.

Just looking at Sane 2014-2016 looks to have killed it in youth team football but just 16 minutes first team one season & just 3 goals / 600 minutes second season.

If clubs see fullback / wing backs as so important... start paying them the same as CB / CM / attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom