• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Sunday February 23 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimT

I don't want to make this forum about Everton but DCL hasn't been a good finisher though his teammates create a lot more opportunities for him since the arrival of Carlo Ancelotti. Nevertheless, I included him with Richarlison into my FPL team just before Ancelotti arrived because I knew both players were going to be more productive.

Wryer

I honestly cannot remember the last time we scored a goal like the Luiz-Auba one. Brilliant through ball (on his weaker foot!) And what a brilliant, confident finish.

Jae

honestly don't see anything yesterday that AMN couldn't do.

very good? you speaking about Xhaka?

Ceballos was decent to ok.
too many sloppy passes yesterday.
also gave away the freekick for he goal.

Even the commentators were saying that he needs to do more.

He was certainly no better or worse than Xhaka. Both misplaced a few long range passes, Xhaka had more passes and touches, Ceballos for me put himself about more and carried the ball a lot more, has a better set of feet and close control.

Don't even know why we're comparing them. Apples and oranges.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was certainly no better or worse than Xhaka. Both misplaced a few long range passes, Xhaka had more passes and touches, Ceballos for me put himself about more and carried the ball a lot more, has a better set of feet and close control.

Don't even know why we're comparing them. Apples and oranges.
not comparing them, just wondered if the 'very good' rating was for Xhaka.

He does have a bit in him, Ceballos. But right now, he is too raw.

morpho

Established Member
That was a very good win. Everton are a decent side and have no business lolling in mid-table. That Calvert-Lewin has improved massively. Saka again with a top quality assist despite having a shaky 10 minute spell. Ceballos was very good again in midfield. His distribution was very good. We still don't look fit enough. Our press was uncoordinated and we seemed to run out of steam. Could have been nerves but our fitness levels worry me.
Concider this beeing our third! game in one week compared to Evertons two week holiday, I wouldnt read too much of this...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
ERf1ZMOXsAMEHYG.jpg

:lol:
cafy9cjeen931.jpg

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
honestly don't see anything yesterday that AMN couldn't do.

very good? you speaking about Xhaka?

Ceballos was decent to ok.
too many sloppy passes yesterday.
also gave away the freekick for he goal.

Even the commentators were saying that he needs to do more.
You must have been watching a different game if you're mentioning Xhaka. Ceballos was better than him both offensively AND defensively. The sloppy passes were like in the first 15 minutes but you make it seem like it was the whole game. Then you mentioned AMN, lol. Surely you dont see the amount of bad passes he makes.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You must have been watching a different game if you're mentioning Xhaka. Ceballos was better than him both offensively AND defensively. The sloppy passes were like in the first 15 minutes but you make it seem like it was the whole game. Then you mentioned AMN, lol. Surely you dont see the amount of bad passes he makes.
AMN is a bad passer, agreed. But he is much faster and stronger than Ceballos.

How was he better than Xhaka? Xhaka freed Saka for the first goal and was pinging long balls the whole game.

Ceballos' only contributions I remember were giving away the freekick, and cucking up a chance late on. I'm not hating on him, and he might become a wonderful player, but yesterday was bang slap average..

Wagwaan

AMN is a bad passer, agreed. But he is much faster and stronger than Ceballos.

How was he better than Xhaka? Xhaka freed Saka for the first goal and was pinging long balls the whole game.

Ceballos' only contributions I remember were giving away the freekick, and cucking up a chance late on. I'm not hating on him, and he might become a wonderful player, but yesterday was bang slap average..

Ceballos had an alright game I thought. Kept the team ticking and did his fair share of defensive work. Did a lot of what goes unnoticed without anything spectacular.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Both our midfielders looked mostly good. We should just be happy that we finally have an alternative to Xhaka/Torreira that offers us something else.

Though I agree AMN deserves some runouts too in Midfield. Maybe against Portsmouth.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ceballos was easily at least as good as the other two mids. Got in a tremendous number of tackles, we already know he is skillful. Great effort for the team, great application, great work-rate.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There was a moment when we messed up a set piece, allowing Everton to break, think it was 3 on 3...Dani made a Kante-esque tackle to get the ball back on the halfway line, was very impressive.

Cesc, Arteta, Santi and now Ceballos, all have a bit of "scrappy-ness" in them.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I ended up buying tickets from someone in an Arsenal ticket Facebook group. Paid face value for 2 seats in block 60.

Was an exciting game and a good experience!

Now back to the mess called “Ajax”
I meant to ask how you got on, that's brilliant! I've sat in block 60 before. Twitter and facebook will always see you good. Face value is sweet, so I assume you had more money left over for beer! You saw the real Arsenal yesterday--the good and bad :lol:

I meant to ask how you got on, that's brilliant! I've sat in block 60 before. Twitter and facebook will always see you good. Face value is sweet, so I assume you had more money left over for beer! You saw the real Arsenal yesterday--the good and bad :lol:

Yeah I noticed it’s pretty easy to get tickets this way. Happy that I did!

Well that is one thing that reminds me of my own team haha.. only way is forward and can’t defend at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom