• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremely reliable now that he has a manager who doesn’t task him with covering tons of ground.

Can’t remember his last bad game.

Scares me a lot. Just in Newcastle minute he tried to give away penalty at minute 5 then stupid yellow card shortly after. Hard to forget he is probably the worst captain in our history. Makes Gallas looks good.

Hopefully we can up his prize for the summer and get decent fee for him!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Scares me a lot. Just in Newcastle minute he tried to give away penalty at minute 5 then stupid yellow card shortly after. Hard to forget he is probably the worst captain in our history. Makes Gallas looks good.

Hopefully we can up his prize for the summer and get decent fee for him!

The offensive stats that get posted don't tell us the plays where he gets blown by opposing midfielders quite often. It happened against Newcastle on multiple occasions. His lack of speed is what concerns me. He's still an average player to me.

I absolutely love Xhaka now. He might just be indispensable at the moment. Also, shout out to every midfield player and Mustafi today. Ceballos and Özil were quite good.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's put together a brilliant run of form. Fantastic again today, will never get bored of seeing him hit those diagonals. If it wasn't apparent before, now it's certain we're a better team with him in the side. He's improved prepositionally, rarely ever caught out and slots into that LB role beautifully- credit goes to Uncle Mikel for that.

Keep it up Granit. I'm delighted his tenure here didn't end how it looked like it was going to. It's calm seas atm, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

progman07

Established Member
I wonder if his name is sung in the stadium? He would deserve it from the fans. Does any match going fan here see whether he engages with the fans before/after the game?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's been playing great lately so maybe I have to eat my crow. I'll wait a couple of matchweeks just to be safe. :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Much better from him recently but Fernandes has turned United into a top 4 side again. That's the type of quality we should be striving for in midfield. His first touch is always out of his feet and he's always looking to move his team forward.

What Arteta's done has been to steady the ship and build more consistency and togetherness within the limitations of this team. I don't think we're that different in terms of quality to Emery's Arsenal.

Our unbeaten run only actually includes 3 wins and if it wasn't for Aubameyang continuing to bail us out we'd be having serious problems.

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Our unbeaten run only actually includes 3 wins and if it wasn't for Aubameyang continuing to bail us out we'd be having serious problems.

That's what big players are there to do and why they cost the money they do. Pepe has also been important with a few assists for auba goals.

Manberg

Predator
Much better from him recently but Fernandes has turned United into a top 4 side again. That's the type of quality we should be striving for in midfield. His first touch is always out of his feet and he's always looking to move his team forward.

What Arteta's done has been to steady the ship and build more consistency and togetherness within the team. I don't think we're that different in terms of quality to Emery's Arsenal.

I don’t agree. There are remarkable differences tactically and performance wise compared to under Emery. We are creating a lot more chances and conceding a lot less shots. Our unbeaten run includes many draws which we were unlucky not to win. It’s not been a case of being bailed out by Aubameyang, that’s only how it was under Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom