• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do I think there are better players out there? - sure
Do I think he is in a slump? Sure

Do I think we can get anyone better? Not sure

Do I prefer Laca as CF over Auba? Hellz yas !

Auba is too limited, the whole team becomes limited

Auba as CF only if we play without Özil
And do a Xhaka, Tor, ceb midfield

Who is more limited though. Lacazette has better hold up play, but isn't that it? The question is how much better?

If you played the ball into him and it stuck or if you played it into the air and he was winning headers and pulling the ball down onto his chest from a long ball I could understand the sacrifice. That's world class hold up play. Lacazette passes the back to the opposition, into our midfield starting a counter for the opposition at least once per game. His hold up play isn't even that good.

Not only that, when he does hold onto it, can he link the play? I wouldn't even say he is good at that either. I think his main asset I'd a short back lift and getting a shot off quickly, but that only happens when he is in top shape and form. Either of those things dip.and you just have a hard working number 9. That is the other point. Auba is just as hard working. If not, more so by covering full backs and making sprints with the ball as well as runs in behind.

Maybe it will change when Tierney comes back as it could mean Saka goes to left wing and then you have ball retention and a working pair down the left meaning you can have Pepe on the right and Auba through the middle.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Who is more limited though. Lacazette has better hold up play, but isn't that it? The question is how much better?

If you played the ball into him and it stuck or if you played it into the air and he was winning headers and pulling the ball down onto his chest from a long ball I could understand the sacrifice. That's world class hold up play. Lacazette passes the back to the opposition, into our midfield starting a counter for the opposition at least once per game. His hold up play isn't even that good.

Not only that, when he does hold onto it, can he link the play? I wouldn't even say he is good at that either. I think his main asset I'd a short back lift and getting a shot off quickly, but that only happens when he is in top shape and form. Either of those things dip.and you just have a hard working number 9. That is the other point. Auba is just as hard working. If not, more so by covering full backs and making sprints with the ball as well as runs in behind.

Maybe it will change when Tierney comes back as it could mean Saka goes to left wing and then you have ball retention and a working pair down the left meaning you can have Pepe on the right and Auba through the middle.

Mainly when we play Özil Laca becomes forced to shoulder more defense duties and doesnt have the gastank for that (not many would) His offense suffers.

When Laca arrived we all saw it as a blessing because he was more mobile and faster than Giroud.
Not Auba fast of course

Laca works for others, Auba more for himself, and he is scoring plenty from LW to, so the sum of all parts become greater with both.

Even if he is not world class as a proper target man he does enough for me + in other areas, while Auba offers nothing in those areas.

Better teams than us have CFs who arent the main goalthreat.
Benzema has been the guy for Real thru thick and thin without ever being the top scorer.

Auba as CF is putting all our eggs in the same basket, a 32yo going on 40! With His best asset His Speed being the first thing that goes?
IF we go the Auba route he is harder to replace down the Line to as Speed like His is Hard to find

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Mainly when we play Özil Laca becomes forced to shoulder more defense duties and doesnt have the gastank for that (not many would) His offense suffers.

When Laca arrived we all saw it as a blessing because he was more mobile and faster than Giroud.

That's not a high bar to clear. Also, hasn't Benzema been tearing it up ever since Ronaldo left?

Lastly, Auba's eye for being in the right place trumps his pace, which is why he'll probably outlive Lacazette when both are on the tail end of their careers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
That's not a high bar to clear. Also, hasn't Benzema been tearing it up ever since Ronaldo left?

Lastly, Auba's eye for being in the right place trumps his pace, which is why he'll probably outlive Lacazette when both are on the tail end of their careers.

His pace is part of that ability

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Arteta possibly sniffing a lack of commitment from laca over his long term future and gradually phasing him out in favour of Eddie? Or, just taking him out of the firing line following his goal drought?

Maybe he woulda got on yesterday had it not been for the saka sub early on?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta possibly sniffing a lack of commitment from laca over his long term future and gradually phasing him out in favour of Eddie? Or, just taking him out of the firing line following his goal drought?

Maybe he woulda got on yesterday had it not been for the saka sub early on?

I think Arteta is basically resting Laca.

Laca's not the fastest striker, so it is slightly harder for him to create space for his shots. He creates space with his low center of gravity, strength, and a quick release; and so his effectiveness will dip if he's too fatigued.

Under Emery, Laca basically ran forever, and then was charged with having to dribble past a player or two to get shots off. This will wear a player down, throw off his rhythm, and hurt his confidence. Emery made players work way too hard for the hope of getting one or two scoring chances a match.

PEA is different than Laca because his pace means that he'll always have time on the ball.

I think rotating Laca and Nketiah right now is great. Laca's form will come back, and he'll score big goals in the Europa League. Nketiah will get better too.

Great management so far.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Time for him to leave this summer for 45m spent on him he preforming like a relegation team striker he look lost and without any confidence.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
giphy.gif

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom