• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraven

He has that natural instinct for goal. Even if he’s still adapting to the level, it’s clear he is going to bring goals.

It’s funny how Pepe was given time to adapt from Ligue 1 while Nketiah is supposed to deliver instantly coming from u23 and the championship

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've always described him as a natural goal scorer because that's what he's been like at every level he's played, for club & country! I really hope Arteta sticks with him for the rest of this season. If he does we will have no reason to keep Lacazette and can focus on trying to keep Auba for another 2 years. Even if we fail with keeping Auba I'd be more than happy to have Nketiah & Martinelli as CF's providing we sort out our midfield & defence. I expect Pepe to up his goals next season too and Saka if playing LW will also score.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I've always described him as a natural goal scorer because that's what he's been like at every level he's played, for club & country! I really hope Arteta sticks with him for the rest of this season. If he does we will have no reason to keep Lacazette and can focus on trying to keep Auba for another 2 years. Even if we fail with keeping Auba I'd be more than happy to have Nketiah & Martinelli as CF's providing we sort out our midfield & defence. I expect Pepe to up his goals next season too and Saka if playing LW will also score.

I think you're massively overrating their abilities (particularly Nketiah, who apart from a couple of goals so far is absolutely bang average in every other aspect).
Lacazette, although going through a poor run of form, has before shown time and time again to score some very important goals in clutch moments. And without Auba's goals, we'd be struggling immensely up front. If we lose one or both, we're certain to be in the shop window for replacements of similar calibre, not going into the season with two teens as our starting strikers ffs.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Auba has been scoring goals at a rate equal to Mo Salah, and the majority that time he's been coached by Emery. The level Auba would be at if he'd had a half-decent coach for that time would be absolutely incredible.

Imagining that we'd be able to replace that quality with just kids, regardless of how talented they are, is absolutely absurd. It would be like Liverpool suggesting that they sell Salah and replace him with a precocious young player. Just shear madness.

Also, selling Laca would be crazy too. Yes, he has underperformed of late, but we need to take a break and just think about how rare it is to have two top strikers like Auba and Laca in the same team without any tension. Normally, strikers in this situation have conflicts about not getting enough playing time, but these two are best friends, and when one is benched so that the other starts they are perfectly happy. Auba probably enjoys playing LW not just because he's scoring goals, but it also means that Laca can start too.

Also, right now as Laca is benched for Nketiah, Nketiah keeps on talking about the advice and encouragement that Laca is giving him. This type of attitude is invaluable to a team and young player development.

Frankly, we have the perfect setup in attack right now. Auba, Laca, and Pepe as our main front three with Martinelli, Nketiah, and Nelson as their backups. Established attackers with talented young players as their backups.

Our goal this summer should be to keep all six of them in the team. This is the type of depth you need to challenge for trophies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Auba has been scoring goals at a rate equal to Mo Salah, and the majority that time he's been coached by Emery. The level Auba would be at if he'd had a half-decent coach for that time would be absolutely incredible.

Imagining that we'd be able to replace that quality with just kids, regardless of how talented they are, is absolutely absurd. It would be like Liverpool suggesting that they sell Salah and replace him with a precocious young player. Just shear madness.

Also, selling Laca would be crazy too. Yes, he has underperformed of late, but we need to take a break and just think about how rare it is to have two top strikers like Auba and Laca in the same team without any tension. Normally, strikers in this situation have conflicts about not getting enough playing time, but these two are best friends, and when one is benched so that the other starts they are perfectly happy. Auba probably enjoys playing LW not just because he's scoring goals, but it also means that Laca can start too.

Also, right now as Laca is benched for Nketiah, Nketiah keeps on talking about the advice and encouragement that Laca is giving him. This type of attitude is invaluable to a team and young player development.

Frankly, we have the perfect setup in attack right now. Auba, Laca, and Pepe as our main front three with Martinelli, Nketiah, and Nelson as their backups. Established attackers with talented young players as their backups.

Our goal this summer should be to keep all six of them in the team. This is the type of depth you need to challenge for trophies.

I didn't say we could replace Auba with teens, I said I'd rather keep him for 2 years. I'm just being realistic, if we cant keep Auba it shouldn't be seen that Laca has to be retained at all cost. He is poor and has been for a while, if we get an offer for Laca he should be sold irrespective of what happens to Auba. Buy a striker if we can get one but we shouldn't risk losing Martinelli or Nketiah because they are the future. Look what happened with Gnabry!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn't say we could replace Auba with teens, I said I'd rather keep him for 2 years. I'm just being realistic, if we cant keep Auba it shouldn't be seen that Laca has to be retained at all cost. He is poor and has been for a while, if we get an offer for Laca he should be sold irrespective of what happens to Auba. Buy a striker if we can get one but we shouldn't risk losing Martinelli or Nketiah because they are the future. Look what happened with Gnabry!

The realism is that we have 6 quality attackers that should be playing in the Champions League, and we have a team that is trying to qualify for the Champions League. Selling Laca even if we sold Auba would be a bad idea unless we brought in an even better striker, which would be hard to do without Champions League football. Going into the 20/21 season with Nketiah, Martinelli, Pepe, and Nelson as our attackers would not put us in a good position to try to reach the Champions League, if we fail to qualify this year.

Also, this Gnabry stuff is so annoying. Wenger has even come out this week talking about it. We tried everything to sign him. His loan to West Brom basically ruined everything. Once we thought he was about to sign, Bayern Munich came in for him. They basically made a deal with Werder Bremen for Gnabry to play for them before transferring to Bayern. If you're in Gnabry's position, and just had a bad loan to West Brom, and have Walcott and Ox ahead of you in the pecking order; I could see him jumping at the chance to play for Bayern instead.

I don't think any of our young attacking players are about to get poached from us by a top team in Europe.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Think we're blessed to have 3 strikers getting goals at the same time. Look at United, Chelsea, Sp**rs and how much they struggle without their main scorer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The realism is that we have 6 quality attackers that should be playing in the Champions League, and we have a team that is trying to qualify for the Champions League. Selling Laca even if we sold Auba would be a bad idea unless we brought in an even better striker, which would be hard to do without Champions League football. Going into the 20/21 season with Nketiah, Martinelli, Pepe, and Nelson as our attackers would not put us in a good position to try to reach the Champions League, if we fail to qualify this year.

Also, this Gnabry stuff is so annoying. Wenger has even come out this week talking about it. We tried everything to sign him. His loan to West Brom basically ruined everything. Once we thought he was about to sign, Bayern Munich came in for him. They basically made a deal with Werder Bremen for Gnabry to play for them before transferring to Bayern. If you're in Gnabry's position, and just had a bad loan to West Brom, and have Walcott and Ox ahead of you in the pecking order; I could see him jumping at the chance to play for Bayern instead.

I don't think any of our young attacking players are about to get poached from us by a top team in Europe.

Well as I said keeping Laca would be great if we can. Also Saka will be LW I would assume, not Nelson. Or if Auba stays it will be Martinelli/Saka. and Tierney/Saka LB. We have to strengthen midfield, for me that's more important than keeping Laca, sell Xhaka & Mustafi too and we have some decent funds to strengthen.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well as I said keeping Laca would be great if we can. Also Saka will be LW I would assume, not Nelson. Or if Auba stays it will be Martinelli/Saka. and Tierney/Saka LB. We have to strengthen midfield, for me that's more important than keeping Laca, sell Xhaka & Mustafi too and we have some decent funds to strengthen.

Yeah, no need to get into how either of us would remake Arsenal if we were the manager. Looks like we both think Auba and Pepe should stay if possible. Maybe I misread your initial post a little bit.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What’s this about Eddie not being fast? I’m 70% sure he’s fast.

Not Auba fast but fast even when compared to other PL attackers.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Lacazette would not have been benched by Nketiah if he truly was a "top striker"....... Lacazette is benched by Nketiah because Arteta wants a Welbeck type workhorse to be our striker, and Lacazette doesn't have the stamina to play that role (also why he refuses to use Auba as our striker). That is why Lacazette needs to be sold, we can make an argument if Nketiah is good enough to be our starting striker but one thing for sure is that Lacazette isn't.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette would not have been benched by Nketiah if he truly was a "top striker"....... Lacazette is benched by Nketiah because Arteta wants a Welbeck type workhorse to be our striker, and Lacazette doesn't have the stamina to play that role (also why he refuses to use Auba as our striker). That is why Lacazette needs to be sold, we can make an argument if Nketiah is good enough to be our starting striker but one thing for sure is that Lacazette isn't.

The Nketiah and Welbeck comparison is just bizarre. Nketiah has played well in his last two matches, but I wouldn't describe him as a workhorse. Nketiah hasn't been forcing turnovers or doing anything to standout defensively. His work hasn't directly contributed to goalscoring chances for himself or other players like Welbeck's work normally would.

Nketiah has actually been more of the opposite of Welbeck in that he looks like a quality finisher in the box. Nketiah is clearly getting chances because Laca wasn't scoring and Arteta needed to see if Nketiah could step up and score goals.

Saying that Laca is a bad striker because his form plummeted during the end of Emery's tenure just doesn't make any sense. If we kept this logic then Torreira, Özil, Xhaka, Pepe, and basically any player not Guendouzi would also be horrible players.

When Arteta took over he focused on fixing our defense, and only since we've come back from our winter break has our attack looked good. And since then Auba, Laca, and Nketiah are scoring goals.

Neither Laca or Auba need to get sold this summer, and I'm confident that Auba, Laca, and Nketiah will score plenty of goals for us the rest of the season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The Nketiah and Welbeck comparison is just bizarre. Nketiah has played well in his last two matches, but I wouldn't describe him as a workhorse. Nketiah hasn't been forcing turnovers or doing anything to standout defensively. His work hasn't directly contributed to goalscoring chances for himself or other players like Welbeck's work normally would.

Nketiah has actually been more of the opposite of Welbeck in that he looks like a quality finisher in the box. Nketiah is clearly getting chances because Laca wasn't scoring and Arteta needed to see if Nketiah could step up and score goals.

Saying that Laca is a bad striker because his form plummeted during the end of Emery's tenure just doesn't make any sense. If we kept this logic then Torreira, Özil, Xhaka, Pepe, and basically any player not Guendouzi would also be horrible players.

When Arteta took over he focused on fixing our defense, and only since we've come back from our winter break has our attack looked good. And since then Auba, Laca, and Nketiah are scoring goals.

Neither Laca or Auba need to get sold this summer, and I'm confident that Auba, Laca, and Nketiah will score plenty of goals for us the rest of the season.

Laca isn't a bad player, he simply isn't a top player either. He's a Giroud or Walcott tier player, he has his value but he's replaceable. Fans need to stop thinking we have some amazing attack, cause the truth is neither Auba nor Laca has been able to make up for what we lost without Sanchez. We can do better than what we have ATM.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca isn't a bad player, he simply isn't a top player either. He's a Giroud or Walcott tier player, he has his value but he's replaceable. Fans need to stop thinking we have some amazing attack, cause the truth is neither Auba nor Laca has been able to make up for what we lost without Sanchez. We can do better than what we have ATM.

Auba is elite. I don't think that should be up for debate.

Laca isn't at Auba's level, but he's a good player to have. Selling him and getting a better striker I think will be pretty hard, especially if we aren't in the Champions League. Laca is a great option to have as our second best striker.

Selling Auba or Laca if we don't make the Champions League will put us in a tough spot because it will be hard to find better strikers who would want to play for a team not in the Champions League.

If we make the Champions League we would just keep both of them, and focus on strengthening other parts of the team.

Basically, selling either of them this summer would be a bad idea.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Auba is elite. I don't think that should be up for debate.

Laca isn't at Auba's level, but he's a good player to have. Selling him and getting a better striker I think will be pretty hard, especially if we aren't in the Champions League. Laca is a great option to have as our second best striker.

Selling Auba or Laca if we don't make the Champions League will put us in a tough spot because it will be hard to find better strikers who would want to play for a team not in the Champions League.

If we make the Champions League we would just keep both of them, and focus on strengthening other parts of the team.

Basically, selling either of them this summer would be a bad idea.

Pretty hard =/= impossible. We need money to strength other parts of the team, and the best way to raise money is to sell your players. If you think it is hard to replace Auba or Laca do you think it will be easier to do so after they have run down their contract?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pretty hard =/= impossible. We need money to strength other parts of the team, and the best way to raise money is to sell your players. If you think it is hard to replace Auba or Laca do you think it will be easier to do so after they have run down their contract?

Actually, the best way to raise money is to make money and not selling off your assets. By making the Champions League we'll make more money and will be able to buy better players without having to sell our players.

If we get back in the tournament we will be able to buy better players and keep our existing players. Auba and Laca will want to extend their contracts if we are back in the Champions League, and we should extend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom