• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Actually, the best way to raise money is to make money and not selling off your assets. By making the Champions League we'll make more money and will be able to buy better players without having to sell our players.

If we get back in the tournament we will be able to buy better players and keep our existing players. Auba and Laca will want to extend their contracts if we are back in the Champions League, and we should extend them.
Think we should learn on Özil example when it comes to extending contracts with players that are at the end of their careers asking for huge money. We have more than enough players who are just happy to sit here and enjoy the money without giving anything in return.
Both Auba and Laca should be sold if we wanna replace them properly and on time

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Auba has been scoring goals at a rate equal to Mo Salah, and the majority that time he's been coached by Emery. The level Auba would be at if he'd had a half-decent coach for that time would be absolutely incredible.

Imagining that we'd be able to replace that quality with just kids, regardless of how talented they are, is absolutely absurd. It would be like Liverpool suggesting that they sell Salah and replace him with a precocious young player. Just shear madness.

Also, selling Laca would be crazy too. Yes, he has underperformed of late, but we need to take a break and just think about how rare it is to have two top strikers like Auba and Laca in the same team without any tension. Normally, strikers in this situation have conflicts about not getting enough playing time, but these two are best friends, and when one is benched so that the other starts they are perfectly happy. Auba probably enjoys playing LW not just because he's scoring goals, but it also means that Laca can start too.

Also, right now as Laca is benched for Nketiah, Nketiah keeps on talking about the advice and encouragement that Laca is giving him. This type of attitude is invaluable to a team and young player development.

Frankly, we have the perfect setup in attack right now. Auba, Laca, and Pepe as our main front three with Martinelli, Nketiah, and Nelson as their backups. Established attackers with talented young players as their backups.

Our goal this summer should be to keep all six of them in the team. This is the type of depth you need to challenge for trophies.

Auba had already reached His ceiking when he came to is.

A better coach would have maybe slightly raised his rally due to tve team playing better but not so much Auba personally

Regardless of coaching he is not a proper allround CF

Symbia

That's a good return. I feel his general outfield play needs alot of work but inside that box hes a different player altogether. In there hes a real fox
I think he should focus on his potency in the box, he is clearly not the most technical player but very dangerous in the box.
The likes of Insaghi were not that great ball playing stickers, they just need to put the ball behind the net all day for fun.

Eddie will develop a very clinical striker with massive awareness, movement and shooting technique.

Afro Mugo

I feel for Eddie sometimes . He'll always be seen as an Inzaghi kind of player,because of his movement in the box, despite the fact he actually does a lot of good things outside the box. Atleast in this match. Arteta noted that in his presser. I feel that when he develops physically he'll be able to showcase that. Until then I hope he keeps on scoring goals.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
3 goals in 4 starts since returning from Leeds.

I think his back to goal game was better but he needs to be more adventurous than just laying it off constantly. I hardly saw him play a lateral pass let alone a forward one. The major plus is that he is scoring.

I think the back up striker position at a big club is really difficult to find. Teams spend millions in order to fill it. When it comes to it, if he is happy with that role then he could be useful.

I think we still need to buy a centre forward who can do it all.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think his back to goal game was better but he needs to be more adventurous than just laying it off constantly. I hardly saw him play a lateral pass let alone a forward one. The major plus is that he is scoring.

I think the back up striker position at a big club is really difficult to find. Teams spend millions in order to fill it. When it comes to it, if he is happy with that role then he could be useful.

I think we still need to buy a centre forward who can do it all.
Both Nelson and Eddie do the same thing and I think they are just scared of losing the ball because managers and fans turned against them very quickly this season.
Once they feel safe that they are part of the first team I think they will express themselves more on the pitch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Both Nelson and Eddie do the same thing and I think they are just scared of losing the ball because managers and fans turned against them very quickly this season.
Once they feel safe that they are part of the first team I think they will express themselves more on the pitch.
I feel like this is spot on.

Nelson especially whenever I’ve seen him. Finds himself in a position to score at times and would look for one of the senior strikers instead. It’s not that environment at the moment where they would try anything adventurous.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I was hoping he would do better, failed to take his chance imo.. Laca should get back as starter now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To be fair diop and Ogbonna are strong Nketiah is very lightweight. He struggled but it happened just add more strength to your body if you want to be dominant CF.

9jagooner

I see why Arteta starts Eddie. In games like today's you want to have options on the bench in case things are not going as planned.
However, I'd rather start Martinelli. Although I read somewhere that he would rather play on the wings than upfront.

Manberg

Predator
Eddie didn't repay the manager's faith in him today. I'm not getting on his back but he was technically the worst player on our team.

Ashybashy86

Eddie didn't repay the manager's faith in him today. I'm not getting on his back but he was technically the worst player on our team.
I don't think he's a hold-up-play kinda striker, much like Auba isn't. He's better making runs in behind and getting into position in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom