• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hope we can build some resiliance in the defence by the time he arrives. I'd hate it if he came into the usual mess we play in because thats just not gonna help him one bit.

I hope our defence improves and we make an experienced addition in the summer. Saliba should have a similar trajectory to Joe Gomez here, we shouldnt be relying on him but he should have a quiet chance of making the first team at some stage. It will be extremely beneficial for him if he is brought into a strong unit, I notice it really covers for Joe Gomez's lack of experience.
Took Joe Gomez nearly 4 years to start for Liverpool after they signed him from Charlton. This for someone who i regard as maybe a top 3/4 CB in the league now. Only Van Dijk and Laporte are better.

I fear for Saliba, guy is going to play with absolute clowns.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I hope our defence improves and we make an experienced addition in the summer.
Recent experienced additions were Luiz and Sokratis, and you can add experienced player like Mustafi to that clown list. I would rather add a quality player instead of looking for experience as the main attribute

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure about that. Saka and Leno are pretty good players, Bellerin could recover his pace with a full preseason and Torreira is one of the best ball winners we've had for years. Looks solid enough with the only issue being his CB partner. I would say Chambers is better than the rest of the idiots we have but the question is how will his recovery look like

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Recent experienced additions were Luiz and Sokratis, and you can add experienced player like Mustafi to that clown list. I would rather add a quality player instead of looking for experience as the main attribute
You can't have both ? Where did I say that I want a washed up 31+ year old defender? :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Took Joe Gomez nearly 4 years to start for Liverpool after they signed him from Charlton. This for someone who i regard as maybe a top 3/4 CB in the league now. Only Van Dijk and Laporte are better.

Yeh I don't mean right away. I mean he should be cosidered an understudy to a much better defender (as of now) who he can learn from.

I dont want him coming in, putting in a couple solid games and then getting hyped to oblivion as well as being relied on. I hate over using starlet players, I believe in easing them into the right system and not overplaying them.

I dont like the idea of a young player getting comfortable in a starting line up, at that age they need to be cnstantly competing to improve.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Yeh I don't mean right away. I mean he should be cosidered an understudy to a much better defender (as of now) who he can learn from.

I dont want him coming in, putting in a couple solid games and then getting hyped to oblivion as well as being relied on. I hate over using starlet players, I believe in easing them into the right system and not overplaying them.

I dont like the idea of a young player getting comfortable in a starting line up, at that age they need to be cnstantly competing to improve.
But he's playing regular first team football now. If he's good enough he should play

Let's play Aubamawang

But he's playing regular first team football now. If he's good enough he should play
You can't just throw him straight in the team though. PL is a baptism of fire compared to the French leagues. It usually requires some patience and letting them adapt for a time first. Prime examples being Henry, Pires, Koscielny, Pepe. Some never do adapt a la Sanogo lol.

Goonerozil33

It will take something special for him to start regularly at Arsenal in the next two years. I am not sure why everyone thinks he will start next season. He is someone who will become a mainstay in a few years

Goonger

It will take something special for him to start regularly at Arsenal in the next two years. I am not sure why everyone thinks he will start next season. He is someone who will become a mainstay in a few years

He's seen as someone special though. I think he'll force his way in next season, never mind take 2 seasons.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Not sure about that. Saka and Leno are pretty good players, Bellerin could recover his pace with a full preseason and Torreira is one of the best ball winners we've had for years. Looks solid enough with the only issue being his CB partner. I would say Chambers is better than the rest of the idiots we have but the question is how will his recovery look like
Agree with leno and torreira. Not sure about any of our cb's though. Think Saliba will be good from what i've seen and heard from media. I think bellerin is not good enough from what I've seen so far. Got great expectations from Tierney though.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Was a bit worried when he had two relatively big injuries early on but looks like he`ll have a good preperation before coming here. A cupfinal against PSG is good for his experience as well.

Tom349

Just finished watching his game against Rennes and all I can say is this kid is a stud, not a stud in the sense of being good enough for us next season but how rather how many years will he play for us before Madrid break the record for signing a CB kind of stud. Might have given away the penalty but looked a class above with everything else he did, his opponents just bounce off him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just finished watching his game against Rennes and all I can say is this kid is a stud, not a stud in the sense of being good enough for us next season but how rather how many years will he play for us before Madrid break the record for signing a CB kind of stud. Might have given away the penalty but looked a class above with everything else he did, his opponents just bounce off him.
If he gives us 3 years and we get 80+ for him, that's all we can ask for. On top of that, one of our current idiot CBs will have to be on the bench while he plays, and that alone is worth the investment

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I think Saliba will take time to establish but not that long like Gomez. Gomez was a talent when he first came into the scene but Saliba comes across more rounded, ready and with higher potential compared to him if you compare their beginnings.

For Saliba and us though, we need badly to sort out another CB as well the fullbacks and midfield to really see him stepping up to a mainstay.

Here's hoping we get a fire sale in defense and midfield in the summer to really make a revamp.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think Saliba will take time to establish but not that long like Gomez
He has no competition for CB position so he will have enough game time, looks physically ready and the only thing we need to see is how he deals with the pace of the game and pressure in PL.
I think this guy will be hit from day one if he stays fit, or at least he will be our best CB

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He has no competition for CB position so he will have enough game time, looks physically ready and the only thing we need to see is how he deals with the pace of the game and pressure in PL.
I think this guy will be hit from day one if he stays fit, or at least he will be our best CB
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well and can definitely see him nailing down the first choice CB soon enough. Thinking whether Arteta has learned how to develop the art of coaching the modern CB during his time with Pep. If he can help Saliba develop his passing to be able to run the show we've got a colossus on our hands.

Lets see what we do in regards to finding a partner for him though. By the look of things, we're after a left footed, left sided CB with the ability to orchestrate play from the back.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We need to give this guy the best platform possible to succeed here. We need an RB and a partner for him. We set up well these days but still making individual errors. Mari x Saliba may be a good combo but im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom