• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
With the way Saka been playing at LB , much better LB then LW imo

Maybe we should try two strikers upfront? 442

Saka, Xhaka, guendouzi, and here is my twist

AMN as RM

Both Saka and AMN has experienced playing as both wingers and wingbacks so they should arguably be better at defending...

Guendouzi because if he gets His stuff together he is dynamic.

It frees Up Auba, Laca as pure strikers
Or Pepe

And Martinelli can rotate with both rm/lm and cfs

That's a good plan if you want to finish mid table

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I do wonder if Aubameyang and Lacazette move on do we really need to go big and replace them. Martinelli is already there and with Tierney coming back moving Saka further forward seems logical. Its interesting to see how the squad shapes up as we are stacked in certain areas.
It's an interesting point. I think we need another body for squad depth and rotation, but the fact that Chelsea are 4th with Abraham leading the line gives me hope that the right type of player and not necessarily an expensive one or big name will see us improve. Over to the (useless) board.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It's funny how much the actual position in the league influences the squad analysis. If we would have the full season with Arteta (with a pre-season) we would be around place 3rd/4th pretty sure at the moment.

The biggest criticism for me is, that the board waited to long to sack Emery. Every single fan knew it would happen but they still wanted and lost time. Of course it's never easy to sack a manager, but it was really obvious this time.

Don't forget we have the youngest squad in the league and we are introducing a lot of talents to the first team and we had to deal with a lot of injuries this season. Getting players like Tierney, Pepe and Saliba without CL is a pretty good job. Luiz as Koscielny replacement and Ceballos a short-term solution, a lot of things makes sense.

The squad structure was a mess before Raul. So many "deadwood" players earning high wages, we were on our limit on a wage level. Most of them gone or out on loan at least.

Talents like Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson, Smith Rowe or Guendouzi need a place in the future, most of them playing their first Premier League season.

Our transfer business in summer will rely on our out-goings a lot i think (Auba, Laca?), but a creative midfielder is probably the most important transfer for us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Holding and Chambers both need sold. In the 3 or 4 years here neither of them have done anything.

Get rid of both maybe for a combined 30m and add abit to that and buy a top centre back if possible to go with Saliba.

Keep Luiz and Mari (providing he does an ok job) for back up.

Sell Sokratis back to Germany.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Holding and Chambers both need sold. In the 3 or 4 years here neither of them have done anything.

Get rid of both maybe for a combined 30m and add abit to that and buy a top centre back if possible to go with Saliba.

Keep Luiz and Mari (providing he does an ok job) for back up.

Sell Sokratis back to Germany.
Even if you buy a CB you would still need some squad cover, and Chambers is perfect for that with the ability to cover for 3 positions.
Luiz made a lot of costly mistakes but I guess his name is bigger than Chambers so fans we'll be happy with.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Luiz is an absolute ****house of the highest order. Guy had 3 average games under Arteta and AM started rating him :rofl:.

How can you rate a bum ffs? Guy was making mistakes even in games he was apparently playing well in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even if you buy a CB you would still need some squad cover, and Chambers is perfect for that with the ability to cover for 3 positions.
Luiz made a lot of costly mistakes but I guess his name is bigger than Chambers so fans we'll be happy with.

If you read my post again you will see I say Luiz for the bench. Along with Mari. That's 2 centre backs for cover.

Now why did I say Luiz over Chambers and Holding. Firstly Luiz wont generate any funds. Chambers maybe generates 15m and Holding similar. Both of these players are not going to improve our team or squad and are always injured.

We also have Mavropanos to come back who again the jury is out on. But I've seen enough from Holding and Chambers to suggest they will never make it at this club.

Luiz always was a stop gap. Next year he can play Cup games and fill in when required.

Impact

Established Member
Today's front four plus Smith-Rowe fills me with a lot of confidence. We need to invest heavily in our starting front four but their deputies have good potential.

1st

X/Aubameyang - Aubameyang/X - Pépé

X

2nd

Martinelli - Nketiah - Nelson

Willock/Smith-Rowe​

Make

Player:Ødegaard
For me, I hope in the next year our back 4 will be:
Bellerin - Saliba - Mari - Tierney

In the other hand, we need a new midfield because Ceballos, Xhaka and Guendouzi are too slow for us... Torreira is good, but we need other type of midfielder alongside him to give passes more fast and with also vision of the game.

Up front, (if Auba continuous in the next year) I'll bet:
Pepe - Maddison - Martinelli/Saka
Aubameyang

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me, I hope in the next year our back 4 will be:
Bellerin - Saliba - Mari - Tierney

In the other hand, we need a new midfield because Ceballos, Xhaka and Guendouzi are too slow for us... Torreira is good, but we need other type of midfielder alongside him to give passes more fast and with also vision of the game.

Up front, (if Auba continuous in the next year) I'll bet:
Pepe - Maddison - Martinelli/Saka
Aubameyang

First thing is you are judging Mari on nothing. He could be good he could be the same level as Sokratis/Holding/Chambers. In other words not good enough.

Secondly Saliba is unlikely to just click to the premier league. Hes a baby and what he has to deal with in France is nothing compared to when Salah, Aguero, or Kane is up against him. We are going to need some experience beside him. Similar to what Van Dijk provides for Gomez.

Thirdly Maddsion will not be joining Arsenal. I actually think he will stay at Leciester next year to continue his development and then if he continues well he will move to an established Champions League team be it Man United if they get their house in order or Liverpool.

Leciester to Arsenal this summer makes 0 sense especially when you factor in where we would get the 70-80m from to sign him.

Realistically our starting 11 will be like this.

Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
Luiz
Tierney/Saka
New MF
Xhaka
Torreria/Guendouzi/Willock depending on game
Özil
Pepe
Laca or new striker.

Bench
Martinez
Mari
Soares (if he signs)
Saka/Tierney
Whatever midfielder doesnt play
Martinelli
Nketiah

Sold

Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi
Miki
Auba (regrettably)
Maybe AMN if it seems he is out of favour.

With that maybe we are looking at getting about 80-90m for that lot.

That's really only 2 players in today's market unless we find more gems.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

First thing is you are judging Mari on nothing. He could be good he could be the same level as Sokratis/Holding/Chambers. In other words not good enough.

Secondly Saliba is unlikely to just click to the premier league. Hes a baby and what he has to deal with in France is nothing compared to when Salah, Aguero, or Kane is up against him. We are going to need some experience beside him. Similar to what Van Dijk provides for Gomez.

Thirdly Maddsion will not be joining Arsenal. I actually think he will stay at Leciester next year to continue his development and then if he continues well he will move to an established Champions League team be it Man United if they get their house in order or Liverpool.

Leciester to Arsenal this summer makes 0 sense especially when you factor in where we would get the 70-80m from to sign him.

Realistically our starting 11 will be like this.

Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
Luiz
Tierney/Saka
New MF
Xhaka
Torreria/Guendouzi/Willock depending on game
Özil
Pepe
Laca or new striker.

Bench
Martinez
Mari
Soares (if he signs)
Saka/Tierney
Whatever midfielder doesnt play
Martinelli
Nketiah

Sold

Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi
Miki
Auba (regrettably)
Maybe AMN if it seems he is out of favour.

With that maybe we are looking at getting about 80-90m for that lot.

That's really only 2 players in today's market unless we find more gems.

Come on this is a 6th-7th place team who were lucky to finish second once

This isn't the 90s anymore, United are consistently behind six clubs these last 8 years

Last edited:

Underhill

They still give you more exposure and higher salaries than the other teams. That is kind of important to players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Come onthis is a 6th-7th place team who were lucky to finish second once

This isn't the 90s anymore, United are consistently behind six clubs these last 8 years

What are you talking about? Go and do your homework before talking crap.

United finished 2nd under Mourinho. They also won the Europa League. They played champions league just last season making a remarkable come back against PSG.

The also finished 4th under Van Gaal and won the FA cup that some fans think is the biggest trophy in the world.

They pay big and are closer (albeit quite far away still) to a league title than us.

You also have to remember Uniteds history pisses all over ours and players look at what a club has achieved before and the likelihood of that happening again.

GoonerJay24

[
What are you talking about? Go and do your homework before talking crap.

United finished 2nd under Mourinho. They also won the Europa League. They played champions league just last season making a remarkable come back against PSG.

The also finished 4th under Van Gaal and won the FA cup that some fans think is the biggest trophy in the world.

They pay big and are closer (albeit quite far away still) to a league title than us.

You also have to remember Uniteds history pisses all over ours and players look at what a club has achieved before and the likelihood of that happening again.

They'll still continue to finish around 6-8th place

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Had a look at the Who Scored stats for each PL-team. We`re by far the worst team when it comes to winning aerial duels. Really something we have to improve, thers is a reason we look so suspect on set pieces. Apart from Mustafi who is actually very good in the air, there is not one player in the squad I would say really thrives in this aspect of the game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Had a look at the Who Scored stats for each PL-team. We`re by far the worst team when it comes to winning aerial duels. Really something we have to improve, thers is a reason we look so suspect on set pieces. Apart from Mustafi who is actually very good in the air, there is not one player in the squad I would say really thrives in this aspect of the game.

I think it's because our players dont like duels. They dont like to go up against another player and fight for that ball. Could be a confidence thing or could just be a weakness that they have.

Another worrying thing is how Arteta is setting us up to defend corners and free kicks. It seems Luiz and Mustafi are defending space meaning that the likes of Saka Torreria Özil and Auba are taking a man often a lot taller of better in the air.

We seen it against Olympiakos, I seen Saka mark Mina against Everton, I also seen Torreria try to mark Olympiakos big centre half.

Kingofthebongo

The Summer dispensables:

Mustafi (12-15)
Sokratis (5-10)
Xhaka. (20-25)
Laca. (25-30)
AMN. (10-15)
Mikhi. (5-10)
Kolasinac (8-15)
Holding(?) (10-15)
Mavro (2-5)
El neny (negative)
Özil (unsellable)

Despite my desire for the team to sell literally all of these players, that would represent most of our senior players. So I would reluctantly keep some of the better performers in that.
Reluctantly keep Xhaka another year, and possibly Holding. Not sure where I stand on Laca - depends on offers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom