• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wonder if he is carrying an injury again?

He did have a dip in form before, got the operation and rebounded...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wonder if he is carrying an injury again?

He did have a dip in form before, got the operation and rebounded...
His first season under Wenger he was carrying an ankle injury that wasn’t revealed until the summer. Wenger was substituting him a lot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ffs. So much nonsense being spouted about Laca that even sensible posters like you are now being sucked into it. He got 32 goals and assists last season, which is way more than “just about enough”: in was one of the most productive seasons of the Emirates era. I’ve dealt with it in more detail here.

And yes, he struggled away from home in the league (so did the entire team FYI) but those were not doss goals he was involved with. He put in massive performances against Napoli and Valencia in Europe, and had a knack for scoring important goals in the league:

I’m as frustrated as anyone with his lack of productivity this season, but let’s not re-write the past.
Man.....

I did say “I think?”. That’s not rewriting the past that’s me openly admitting that I’m not sure. I was only off by 7 goals+assists ffs. :lol:

Also I think I’m entitled to say that 25 goals/assists is around the minimum you require to justify having one of the best strikers in the world play out of position for you.

For some people even that was enough and they wanted Laca sold to get a natural wideman...and that’s when he was actually good.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not saying he’s exempt or even has to stay. He might not be for us anymore but doesn’t mean he’s a mug or can’t rediscover form.

It’s either player x is worldclass or player x is sh*t get him out ASAP he’s ruining the whole club, there’s no middle ground or perspective with a lot of members here.

Jae

Ffs. So much nonsense being spouted about Laca that even sensible posters like you are now being sucked into it. He got 32 goals and assists last season, which is way more than “just about enough”: in was one of the most productive seasons of the Emirates era. I’ve dealt with it in more detail here.

And yes, he struggled away from home in the league (so did the entire team FYI) but those were not doss goals he was involved with. He put in massive performances against Napoli and Valencia in Europe, and had a knack for scoring important goals in the league:

I’m as frustrated as anyone with his lack of productivity this season, but let’s not re-write the past.

I called it 18 months ago that he'd be the next Scapegoat.

Let's play Aubamawang

He deserves criticism and he's been way off the pace this season, but lets not pretend he's the biggest problem in the team.

There are least 3 or 4 experienced first team players who have been underperforming for years who should be gone first before we even consider selling Laca.

Really? With the way our season has gone, I'd cash in while he's still a sellable asset and use the money to bolster other areas of the squad. Let the likes of Martinelli, Nketiah get game time, and let Balogun get a taste of first team action.

Hell, if we manage to keep Auba, let him go up front, have Martinelli on one side and Nelson on the other with Saka and Nketiah rotating in.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I’m not saying he’s exempt or even has to stay. He might not be for us anymore but doesn’t mean he’s a mug or can’t rediscover form.

It’s either player x is worldclass or player x is sh*t get him out ASAP he’s ruining the whole club, there’s no middle ground or perspective with a lot of members here.
He deserves criticism and he's been way off the pace this season, but lets not pretend he's the biggest problem in the team.

There are least 3 or 4 experienced first team players who have been underperforming for years who should be gone first before we even consider selling Laca.
Hear, hear!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What infuriates me is the way he's picking fights with referees and opponents.

The last thing that a player bang out of form needs is the spotlight.

I don't think it's the injury that's the problem. He came back form injury over 5 months ago ffs.

I don't see him moving with difficulty.

The problem is that this season he's become very static. He doesn't move. He doesn't even offer any options to Pepe on the right which means that Pepe is always isolated there.

He is the biggest problem in the team. He, Xhaka, Mustafi and Özil. Leno too but people are not ready to hear that yet.

Malky

Established Member
He is the biggest problem in the team. He, Xhaka, Mustafi and Özil. Leno too but people are not ready to hear that yet.
Özil is a problem, but since Arteta arrived the improvement in Xhaka and Mustafi especially has been incredible, Mustafi has looked better than all our CB options, bar Luiz and Pablo Mari (jury's still out on him) Leno granted has made a couple of mistakes, but he's still been our most important player this season, after Auba.
For me, Laca is one of the first names out the door this summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Underperforming for years is the key thing here.

What happens if you keep a player long enough for them to underperform for years? You won’t be able to sell them because nobody wants them. Look at our struggles with Mustafi.

Lacazette’s market value is considerably higher than his value on the pitch to us. The longer we let him underperform the closer those two values get. Let’s not forget his contract expires soon as well.

I’m not saying we should sell him right now but if things don’t improve by summer (unless it turns out that he’s been carrying an injury) then we definitely should. He’s the most valuable of the players currently bumming it out for us.

You don’t prioritise selling based on who’s been poor for longest, you have to look at who is the most valuable asset. The kind of thinking you’re advocating is what has us in this mess in the first place.

Jae

Underperforming for years is the key thing here.

What happens if you keep a player long enough for them to underperform for years? You won’t be able to sell them because nobody wants them. Look at our struggles with Mustafi.

Lacazette’s market value is considerably higher than his value on the pitch to us. The longer we let him underperform the closer those two values get. Let’s not forget his contract expires soon as well.

I’m not saying we should sell him right now but if things don’t improve by summer (unless it turns out that he’s been carrying an injury) then we definitely should. He’s the most valuable of the players currently bumming it out for us.

You don’t prioritise selling based on who’s been poor for longest, you have to look at who is the most valuable asset. The kind of thinking you’re advocating is what has us in this mess in the first place.

I'm not having this to be honest mate.

He might be worth more but he's arguably more difficult to upgrade on than anyone in our midfield or any of our centre backs. If we lose Auba in the summer who does that leave us with up front? Martinelli and Nketiah?

I'd rather sell the dross that we have clogging up our midfield, even if it's for buttons, and let someone else have a crack at it instead of persisting with the same old sh1te.

We shouldn't persevere with players because they have been performing so badly for years that they aren't worth anything anymore.

Couldn't care less about money, worst should be out first, not last (which has now unfortunately become the norm with this club).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lacazette isn’t going anywhere, if Auba leaves he’ll become our starting striker with maybe a new guy backing him up.

For me the above scenario leaves us out of the top 5 talk.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Anyone that has been here this long and still divides fan opinion so much should be got rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom