• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's not applying himself, that does not bode well. He needs to be doing the ****ing most to get back into the team, especially if he wants midfield. It's not like he can't do it IMO.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't see anything special with him tbh.

His days here are numbered. Arteta doesn't fancy him.

His attitude his holding him back

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The biggest trait a young player should have is humility and diligence. An 18 year in his break out season is asked to play out of position, he didn't complain and went about it with hard work but this guy is sulking for being played out position.

This attitude should not be encouraged

Kav

Established Member
The biggest trait a young player should have is humility and diligence. An 18 year in his break out season is asked to play out of position, he didn't complain and went about it with hard work but this guy is sulking for being played out position.

I am going to be fair here. This scenario applied to AMN in HIS BREAK OUT YEAR.

He did all those things and more. Now that he's four years older maybe he just doesn't want to be played out of position any more. Maybe he feels like he's hit a ceiling. Maybe he's not enjoying his football anymore. If its the latter then It is natural that he won't put in a shift all the time.

Its time supporter stop being so blinded by fanaticism and see things for what they are.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

AMN was in this position since Wenger was here. He is probably thinking that he can't make it as a RB so he is just trying to save his career now.
I'm on his side on this one, especially when you look at the poverty in midfield we have for the last couple of years

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am going to be fair here. This scenario applied to AMN in HIS BREAK OUT YEAR.

He did all those things and more. Now that he's four years older maybe he just doesn't want to be played out of position any more. Maybe he feels like he's hit a ceiling. Maybe he's not enjoying his football anymore. If its the latter then It is natural that he won't put in a shift all the time.

Its time supporter stop being so blinded by fanaticism and see things for what they are.

It begs the question. When would he even have the opportunity to show what he has in central midfield? He played at left back in the under 23. This happens for a reason.

In training its Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka and Ceballos. Bellerin and Saka were our only fullbacks up until recently.

Hes even filling in at training. So what does he have to do? Impress in training at lb to get a shot at rb? If he plays well at right back, he will get dropped as soon as the rb is fit anyway, because he isn't a rb?

However, he won't get a chance in midfield because he doesn't train there and Xhaka is undroppable. Like wtf? Are we surprised he literally cant be bothered anymore.

And everyone praising Saka for the effort he is putting in, are ignoring the fact that he hasn't signed and it is probably because he wants guarantees he will play as a winger.

Pepes blue pill

It begs the question. When would he even have the opportunity to show what he has in central midfield? He played at left back in the under 23. This happens for a reason.

In training its Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka and Ceballos. Bellerin and Saka were our only fullbacks up until recently.

Hes even filling in at training. So what does he have to do? Impress in training at lb to get a shot at rb? If he plays well at right back, he will get dropped as soon as the rb is fit anyway, because he isn't a rb?

However, he won't get a chance in midfield because he doesn't train there and Xhaka is undroppable. Like wtf? Are we surprised he literally cant be bothered anymore.

And everyone praising Saka for the effort he is putting in, are ignoring the fact that he hasn't signed and it is probably because he wants guarantees he will play as a winger.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Just look at Milner, much more talented than Milner as a kid, think he sees himself as a CM too, yet he’s spent his career basically playing everywhere.

Not sure footballers get anywhere laying down the rules, unless you’re in the top tier of talent.
If Auba can be shunted out wide, Martinelli on the wrong wing, Saka at LB, Sok as RCB, Xhaka at CB and LB, then AMN can't really moan. He needs to apply himself where the manager needs him and if he gets a chance in CM, he has to take it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Auba can be shunted out wide, Martinelli on the wrong wing, Saka at LB, Sok as RCB, Xhaka at CB and LB, then AMN can't really moan. He needs to apply himself where the manager needs him and if he gets a chance in CM, he has to take it.
He didn't get a chance for the past 2-3 years. That would all be fine if we would have elite talent in that position, but looking at our options you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
Xhaka undroppable? Douzi regressed at the age of 19 and still plays? Wasn't there an opportunity to test him there for 2-3 games just to see how it works?

He covered for long enough on RB position always knowing that he will be dropped, but the worst thing is he was dropped just when he started to play well for a player that lost his pace without any other standout attribute.

AMN will always be an easy target for every manager to set up standards and sell the bs stories to fans that every player needs to work hard for the team to be there. Yeah right, didn't see that rule applied on Özil, Xhaka and the rest of the useless mercenary gang we have here.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He didn't get a chance for the past 2-3 years. That would all be fine if we would have elite talent in that position, but looking at our options you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
Xhaka undroppable? Douzi regressed at the age of 19 and still plays? Wasn't there an opportunity to test him there for 2-3 games just to see how it works?

He covered for long enough on RB position always knowing that he will be dropped, but the worst thing is he was dropped just when he started to play well for a player that lost his pace without any other standout attribute.

AMN will always be an easy target for every manager to set up standards and sell the bs stories to fans that every player needs to work hard for the team to be there. Yeah right, didn't see that rule applied on Özil, Xhaka and the rest of the useless mercenary gang we have here.
I don't think he's had a fair crack in CM either but my point is that he surely wants to play somewhere. I wanted the MF ripped up after Wenger left and thought he would get a chance. He has pace and can tackle but some have pointed out his wayward passing and mental lapses. I just don't know why no manager rates him. We are so poor in MF. He's either poor in training or he can't/won't apply himself the way the manager wants. Either way, it's a shame that a prospect I had such hopes for looks like leaving via the back door.

Kav

Established Member

I understand your argument and I agree in principle, however context is important here. Have any of them been asked to play out of position for as long as AMN? No I don't think so and that to me would explain his present lack of motivation.

Remember he started out as a CM, making his debut replacing Ramsey in the middle of the park, went on to make a few more appearances in the middle of the park, it wasn't until Bellerin wasn't fit that he was called upon to do a job extensively in defense.

What i will say though is if his heart is not into it, he should try to go somewhere else. We need players who are committed to the cause. He has sacrificed his own development for the team now we should respect that and sell him if he's not going to be a part of our plans.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Hes even filling in at training. So what does he have to do? Impress in training at lb to get a shot at rb? If he plays well at right back, he will get dropped as soon as the rb is fit anyway, because he isn't a RB
He clearly doesn't want to play as an RB. so what's he moaning about?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I understand your argument and I agree in principle, however context is important here. Have any of them been asked to play out of position for as long as AMN? No I don't think so and that to me would explain his present lack of motivation.

Remember he started out as a CM, making his debut replacing Ramsey in the middle of the park, went on to make a few more appearances in the middle of the park, it wasn't until Bellerin wasn't fit that he was called upon to do a job extensively in defense.

What i will say though is if his heart is not into it, he should try to go somewhere else. We need players who are committed to the cause. He has sacrificed his own development for the team now we should respect that and sell him if he's not going to be a part of our plans.
Your first paragraph nails it really. AMN doesn't want to be a jack of all trades which is fair enough.

Kingofthebongo

AMN was in this position since Wenger was here. He is probably thinking that he can't make it as a RB so he is just trying to save his career now.
I'm on his side on this one, especially when you look at the poverty in midfield we have for the last couple of years

Except that he's making a foolish choice, because he was doing quite well as the inverted full-back for Arteta. He would have been first choice and displaced Bellerin.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Your first paragraph nails it really. AMN doesn't want to be a jack of all trades which is fair enough.
Not really, I like AMN but he should be listening to his coach. A direct comparison is Saka who has been one of if not our standout performers this year, he’s not a left back but he’s happy to play there for the good of the team as well as the development benefits to his career.

Football is a team game and there is no room for 22year olds that think they know better. If he wishes to move on as a result more fool him as he’ll end up in league 2 following the many who end up regretting leaving.

completely with Arteta on this.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Fabian Delph has had a fantastic career, AMN should be looking at that. The guy was a decent CM wherever he went. Moved to City and ended up a Fullback because thats what was required of the team. Don’t think he’ll be looking back at his career with regret as he can look to the medals on his mantle piece or wherever he puts them.

GoonerJay24

Not really, I like AMN but he should be listening to his coach. A direct comparison is Saka who has been one of if not our standout performers this year, he’s not a left back but he’s happy to play there for the good of the team as well as the development benefits to his career.

Football is a team game and there is no room for 22year olds that think they know better. If he wishes to move on as a result more fool him as he’ll end up in league 2 following the many who end up regretting leaving.

completely with Arteta on this.

If he gets a coach that can play him consistently in midfield then he won't end up in league 2 as his talent is huge.

Sometimes it's just the case that a player isn't the right fit for certain coaches and their philosophies. AMN would've been perfect for the old Mourinho that took over Chelsea imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom