• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Effect of Coronavirus on Arsenal

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Better than your sisters eyesight that’s for sure.
source.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Basically you don't have to buy the whole super market, just have canned/dried food, water and supplies for the quarentene period and that's good enough.
I'm going to food shop as normal tbf. I'll probably lean towards canned/dry food stuff on my next shop but I don't plan to stop going to the gym and stuff unless the country is put on lockdown.

Just making a conscious effort to not touch my face when out and about and always wash my hands when leaving and entering home lastly I use hand sanitiser if I've had to touch surfaces on the tube/bus to work and don't trust myself to not touch my face before I get in. I might start wiping my phone down twice a day but that's probably the furthest I'll go.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
The UK is being reactive rather than proactive in regards to this virus.

All events involving over a certain number of people should be cancelled. Instead they’ll wait until the infected are in the 1000s before action.

Clowns.
Same reactive approach the US is doing. Not smart.

boyinneedofhumor

I'd suggest the following as precaution (though it depends on how the culture is like, where one is from, and availability of items)...

1. Minimize contact and frequent hand washing. If not hand sanitizer, then the normal soap/foam with water.
As well as ensuring toilet stools in public areas are clean before using.
2. Wearing a surgical mask may not be the norm in some society. But I would suggest that one wears it, if available. Or an equivalent. And keep some tissue paper and disposable gloves (if one's lifestyle requires alot of contact with materials.
3. Keeping some distance from other passerby would be good, where possible.
The thing about this virus is that it could be asymptomatic - the symptoms come only several days later when one knows he's gotten it.
4. Elderly and others with pre-existing conditions should be extra careful.
5. There're other areas ; but it's not at an individual level where I should comment in here (e.g. PPE for healthcare workers, ample blood bank supply before it goes widespread, the epidemiological procedures for isolation, the availability of the COVID-19 test kits, etc).

Best of luck to everyone in here. Take care.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

PL to be cancelled once Liverpool win the title I’m hearing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd suggest the following as precaution (though it depends on how the culture is like, where one is from, and availability of items)...

1. Minimize contact and frequent hand washing. If not hand sanitizer, then the normal soap/foam with water.
As well as ensuring toilet stools in public areas are clean before using.
2. Wearing a surgical mask may not be the norm in some society. But I would suggest that one wears it, if available. Or an equivalent. And keep some tissue paper and disposable gloves (if one's lifestyle requires alot of contact with materials.
3. Keeping some distance from other passerby would be good, where possible.
The thing about this virus is that it could be asymptomatic - the symptoms come only several days later when one knows he's gotten it.
4. Elderly and others with pre-existing conditions should be extra careful.
5. There're other areas ; but it's not at an individual level where I should comment in here (e.g. PPE for healthcare workers, ample blood bank supply before it goes widespread, the epidemiological procedures for isolation, the availability of the COVID-19 test kits, etc).

Best of luck to everyone in here. Take care.
Ngl mate a lot of what you're saying is part of the big problem that is fake news/misinformation being spread.

Hand washing >> Hand Sanitiser

Distance from passer's by is not an issue either, it's when you start spending an extended time (I believe it's more than 15 mins but don't quote me on that) close to somebody who's contagious that the likelihood of infection greatly increases.

Surgical masks are such a myth, please don't spread that advice on here. General population should not be buying those, leave them for the people who need it e.g. Medical staff working in wards full of sufferers and the sufferers themselves.

boyinneedofhumor

@ Trilly,
I dont seek to put forth my suggestion as gospel. The intention is precaution.
If you're used to going on 5th/6th gear, you dont have to go on 4th as I do.

Edit: You could use hand sanitizer, or soap with water. One is portable; the other you're more likely to find a washroom for it.

Re the surgical masks, the debate is global. But if I happen to already have some at home (prior to the outbreak), then it wouldn't hurt to use it.
I could spin it either way if I want - e.g. maybe the surgical mask is to protect you from me instead (not the other way round). Maybe I'm already an asymptomatic carrier for days without knowing.
If you're someone in constant close contact with me, by the time my symptoms show up, you are likely to be affected.

Transmission could either be by contact or close proximity.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
That’s part of his schtick though, mix some crazy outlandish stuff in with his more reasonable claims.

What reasonable claims has he ever made?

How is the tool still believed by ****** when he has admitted in court that he is an act?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Closing all borders won’t work, you’d tank the economy to a crazy level and the problem with the Coronavirus is that it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere soon so you’d still expose the population to it in the next flu season.

From what I’ve read, partial exposure and trying to contain the outbreak by flattening the curve of infection which Italy failed to do is the logical step.

Did you miss the bit when I said "That isn't going to happen!" ? :)

Top Bottom