• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Spain and Barca would've won those trophies without him, easily.

Cesc didn't always deliver though, he had his fair share of big-game failures. He went years without making laying a glove on Chelsea, for example. Not all his fault of course but lets not rewrite history because he gave a nice interview.

You can't just compare Cesc at his best, with Özil in his quieter seasons. The debate is about the two in their primes.

Let Jury have his fun.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Spain and Barca would've won those trophies without him, easily.

Cesc didn't always deliver though, he had his fair share of big-game failures. He went years without making laying a glove on Chelsea, for example. Not all his fault of course but lets not rewrite history because he gave a nice interview.

You can't just compare Cesc at his best, with Özil in his quieter seasons. The debate is about the two in their primes.

Özil hasnt delivered for years

Cesc was misused at Barca, the cult of Messi couldnt tolerate another alpha, just like with Zlatan

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Honestly think people have forgotten how good Cesc was at his peak. Different weight class to Özil.

More productive player given that he actually knew how to score goals, could dominate a game from deep, rose to the big occasions, and could (and did) often carry an underperforming team with him. He was a leader, not just an assist machine.

When you factor in mentality the two are chalk and cheese. Give peak Mesut a penalty in a big game and you know he’d bottle it. Whereas Cesc would score it with a broken leg.

:drool:

Big part as well was the defensive aspect. During that 09/10 season he also managed to average 2.3 tackles and 2.3 interceptions per game. Compare that to Jordan Henderson currently averaging 2.2 tackles and 1.0 interceptions per game and he's seen as a physical "defensively solid" midfielder.

Maybe I'm getting old but Fabregas was such a massive part of why I started following Arsenal and any talk of Özil being better than peak Cesc just sounds so wrong to me. I also don't know how anyone can listen to the Arseblog interview and not come away feeling okay about Cesc as a person.

I'm 100% sure that you would've won the league if RVP could've stayed fit for an entire season with Cesc, and watching RVP suddenly stay fit and become the best striker in the league for a couple of seasons must've seriously destroyed Cesc because he clearly knew it as well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
17 vs 7 ffs :rofl:.

FEWU.gif
@American_Gooner

Please make the argument that Özil would do that in any match for Arsenal...

nick gould

Lack of repest from Fabrigas, he never mentioned Rosicky, Hleb and Arshavin, Diaby in terms of technique. Those guys were brilliant.

In terms of mental strength I think Gallas should have got a mention, same applies to Song, Ramsey and Sagna.

The problem is that the team was always 4 players short from being perfect. They played a more entertaining football than the invincibles if you ask me.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Find it bizarre frankly how Arsenal fans have this deep hatred of Samir Nasri compared to Cesc and even RVP. Cesc acted the **** and even missed the Fulham game to watch f1 in Barcelona to force a move. RVP has one injury free season and then joins United, Nasri plays immense against Liverpool days before his move and people despise him.
I never understood the Nasri hate either. Ok, he does have a very punchable face but I always thought any c*ntishness on his part came after the move in response to supporters having a go at him. He was extremely professional in his time with us and I honestly think that maybe it was just the culmination of us losing big name players every year that made people overreact to him leaving.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc playing the victim narrative. Never heard a footballer speak like this before. All Arsenal players played in less than competitive teams, that was our lot after stadium change and now that we’re up against more ambitious owners.

Cesc is still widely loved and respected by a huge amount of the fan base, me too, there is no need for this sort of PR face saving type interview where he is basically throwing everyone under a lorry.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nasri on form is one of the great Arsenal players, before his departure his form here was as scintillating as any you have seen at the Emirates.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom