• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'll have a crack at a realistic, zero net spend squad rebuild, 4-3-3 formation in mind. I've tried to find players who are just flying under the radar and might explode soon, Bailey being the exception, he falls in the 'career stagnated but still a baller' category! I couldn't think of another realistic attacking left sided forward/winger.

Out - Mustafi £10m, Sokratis £10m, Holding £10m, Mavraponos £3m, Kolasinac £15m, AMN £15m, Xhaka £25m, Mkhi £10m, Caballos free, Guendouzi £30m, Özil free, Laca £35m, Auba £35m = £198m

In - Mari £8m, Gabriel £25m, Soares Free, Lewis £15m, Longstaff Free, Roca £25m, Henrique £25m, Merino £30m, Bailey £40m, Edouard £30m = £198m

GK - Leno, Martinez
DR - Bellerin, Soares
DC - Luiz, Saliba, Chambers
DC - Gabriel, Mari
DL - Tierney, Lewis
DMC - Roca, Torreira
MC - Henrique, Longstaff, Smith-Rowe
MC - Merino, Willock
FL - Bailey, Saka,
SC - Edouard, Martinelli, Nketiah
FR - Pepe, Nelson

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I agree. You could argue that we are still waiting to cash in on some the chances that we have taken in developing this squad namely with the likes of Tierney, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Guendouzi and Nelson. If just 3 of those players fulfil their potential ceiling and we make 3 or 4 more smart signings to supplement Leno, Salibah and Torreria (which looks to be our future spine), we can be competitive without spending PSG or United money.

I totally agree. That is the reason I stick up for last Summers transfer window. In the short term it didn't help us at all but I think we could look back in 5-6 years and see it as one of our most successful windows, colossal potential in Tierney, Saliba, Pepe and Martinelli.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
GK - Leno, Martinez
DR - Bellerin, x.
DC - Luiz, Saliba, Holding.
DC - x, Mari.
DL - Tierney, x
DMC - x, Guendouzi, Maitland-Niles.
MC - x, Smith-Rowe.
MC - x, Willock.
FL - x, Saka.
ST - x, Martinelli, Nketiah.
FR - Pepe, Nelson.

I think this is the core squad I'd like to see going into next season. I like Xhaka but I'm not sure he can play in a three and I think Auba wants to leave too.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
GK - Leno, Martinez
DR - Bellerin, x.
DC - Luiz, Saliba, Holding.
DC - x, Mari.
DL - Tierney, x
DMC - x, Guendouzi, Maitland-Niles.
MC - x, Smith-Rowe.
MC - x, Willock.
FL - x, Saka.
ST - x, Martinelli, Nketiah.
FR - Pepe, Nelson.

I think this is the core squad I'd like to see going into next season. I like Xhaka but I'm not sure he can play in a three and I think Auba wants to leave too.

Replacing 5 of our front 6 might be a bit much for 1 window, but I agree it needs to addressed over our next 3.

I'd keep Torreria and 1 of Auba (preferably) or Laca.

truth_hurts

Torreira and Lacazette are part of the problem. Our team lacks physicality.

Again I don't disagree with your statement. Our team used to lack tenacity and Torreria has that in abundance, for years our chance creation was amongst the best in Europe but we lacked a striker who could finish - Lacazette is that.

Depends on the direction that we wish to move in tactically. Personally I'd keep Torreria as a poor mans Fabinho (although I rate Lucas). I feel as though Laca's goals can be replaced to be honest.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Again I don't disagree with your statement. Our team used to lack tenacity and Torreria has that in abundance, for years our chance creation was amongst the best in Europe but we lacked a striker who could finish - Lacazette is that.

Depends on the direction that we wish to move in tactically. Personally I'd keep Torreria as a poor mans Fabinho (although I rate Lucas). I feel as though Laca's goals can be replaced to be honest.

I don't think we can sell Torreira but I think we are guilty of just buying players with no plan. Torreira plays at the base of a 3 or not at all. If Arteta intends to play a double pivot then you sell Torreira. Lacazette and Auba need to be sold.

I only really want one player by name. Diego Jota .He is the perfect left inside forward. Everyone else is interchangeable for me.

Partey/Zakaria/Sangare/Gueye
Gabriel/Upamecano/Ndicka/Ake
Edouard/Osihmen/Dembele

Names are names. They all have similar profiles, but you won't find a fully adapted inside forward at his age and goal scoring ability.

Jota/Nelson---Martinelli/Edouard------Pepe/Saka

truth_hurts

Our pressing needs are the cb and cm positions and there are the world of attainable options there.

I want some excitement in attack. This might be the summer to land Zaha for a knockdown price, have another nibble in Everton Soares or take a punt on Coutinho. We'd all love a Sancho, Havertz or Werner but all are out our reach despite probably being available.

-------Torreria---Partey/Dacoure
----Pepe--------------Coutinho----------Zaha-----
--------------------Auba----------------------------------

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Lets build a squad with the best players from outside big six!

Pope
Pereira Lascelles Stephens Digne
Rice Doucoure
Fraser Grealish Jota
Pukki

Would be great fun!

truth_hurts

-------------------Pope
--------Dunk/Diop/Boly-------------Ake--------
--Holgate--------------------------Cresswell
------Neves---Dacoure/Gomes-----------
---Traore------Grealish-----------Zaha--
-------------------Ings/Jiminez------------------------

I've left out Leicester players as they are better than ours.

DermzAFC

-------------------Pope

Wolves are in 6th.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
-------------------Pope

Cresswell is dreadful though

TornadoTed

Established Member
Not including the traditional big 6, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sp**s & ourselves

GK - Fabianski
DL - Chilwell
DC - Ake
DC - Dunk
DR - Pereria
DM - Ndidi
MC - Neves
MC - Maddison
FL - Zaha
SC - Jimenez
FR - Traore

Not including the current top 6,

GK - Fabianski
DL - Digne
DC - Alderweireld
DC - Dunk
DR - Aarons
DM - Rice
MC - Grealish
MC - N'Dombele
FL - Zaha
SC - Kane
FR - Son

Shalmaneser V

Complete revamp.

In:
Mari 10M
Bogle 15M
Marc Roca 20M
Pau Torres 30M
Papa Gueye 5M
Fraser Free
Szoboszlai 20M
Edouard 30M
Morelos 20M
Ceballos Loan

Out:
Aubameyang 45M
Lacazette 25M
Özil Loan
Xhaka 25M
Mustafi 15M
AMN 20M
Sokratis 5M
Mavropanos 10M
Willock Loan
Nketiah Loan

.__________Leno
Bellerin__Torres__Mari__Tierney
__________Roca
__Papa Gueye____Szoboszlai
Pepe_____Edouard___Martinelli

truth_hurts

Complete revamp.

In:
Mari 10M
Bogle 15M
Marc Roca 20M
Pau Torres 30M
Papa Gueye 5M
Fraser Free
Szoboszlai 20M
Edouard 30M
Morelos 20M
Ceballos Loan

Out:
Aubameyang 45M
Lacazette 25M
Özil Loan
Xhaka 25M
Mustafi 15M
AMN 20M
Sokratis 5M
Mavropanos 10M
Willock Loan
Nketiah Loan

.__________Leno
Bellerin__Torres__Mari__Tierney
__________Roca
__Papa Gueye____Szoboszlai
Pepe_____Edouard___Martinelli

Lots of good players, but Bar Leno that's a brand new spine and 6 new players. Has that ever happened and worked before in top level football?

Shalmaneser V

Lots of good players, but Bar Leno that's a brand new spine and 6 new players. Has that ever happened and worked before in top level football?

To be honest I don’t care. I’m sick of the majority of the current squad. Tear it up and start from scratch. With lots of young, emerging hungry players. Let Arteta drill his philosophy into them and work towards implementing a new ruthless mentality and winning culture at the club.

Clear out the trash

Last edited:
Top Bottom