• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Normally at Arsenal you have players you feel “damn these can do more” - Cesc, Henry, Ramsey, RvP recently etc, but then you have some players where you think “meh, they are crap and we aren’t much better, this is a good marriage” - you feel that with Auba.

In the big games and big moments, you don’t want Auba on your side. We seen in the EL final how he goes missing while a guy like Giroud bosses the game.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would not be averse to the idea of testing Pepe up front. Nelson and Martinelli on the wings in pre-season

Too much of an experiment. One that is likely to bomb as it's hard to see where the goals would come from. I like the idea of Pepe being closer to the goal, but not as CF with the other deficiencies in our team.

Blaziken

Normally at Arsenal you have players you feel “damn these can do more” - Cesc, Henry, Ramsey, RvP recently etc, but then you have some players where you think “meh, they are crap and we aren’t much better, this is a good marriage” - you feel that with Auba.

In the big games and big moments, you don’t want Auba on your side. We seen in the EL final how he goes missing while a guy like Giroud bosses the game.
Ramsey?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we sell for rather cheap to our rivals I'll be rather frustrated, we can't afford to do that. They wouldn't sell their top players to us, why should we give them such a gift. Barca or Madrid I wouldn't be all that fussed with though if he doesn't want to stay with us. Imo, Saka should be our #1 priority to re-sign though.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah. Went on to play for Juventus. According to David Ornestein he had offers from Real, Inter, PSG etc too. Talks with Barca.
Don't they want to sell him already? That was an idiotic signing by Juve on those wages when its obvious he'd never live up to them.

Their stock piling of **** midfielders on a free now has them a weird, overcrowded, injury prone and dysfunctional midfield. Now they have to spend pretty big while moving on these players and rebuild the midfield completely. Since Marrotta left their recruitment has been really bad.

Shalmaneser V

Scoring one free header is “bossing the game” now?

Shalmaneser V

Rather keep him for the final year and see what we can get for Lacazette in the summer.

Selling him to Utd or Chelsea should not even be in the equation. Though it would not bloody surprise me.

truth_hurts

Rather keep him for the final year and see what we can get for Lacazette in the summer.

Selling him to Utd or Chelsea should not even be in the equation. Though it would not bloody surprise me.

Agree, you can't just sell 20 - 25 league goals if you are in our position. Keep him for the last remaining year - I think he'll be motivated. If he had another great year, he'd have half of Europe clamouring forhis signing on a free transfer.

I would argue it would make more sense for him to sign a new contract with a release clause though. I.e. 300k per week, with a release clause of say 25-30m if Arsenal fail to qualify for the Champions League.

truth_hurts

Pathetic if true. Inter should have money though if they sell Martinez and lose Sanchez on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom