• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken

No the players in that 07/08 squad only had 2 pairs of bollocks between them and that was Gallas and Cesc.

Drawing that game vs 10 man Birmingham aet out club back a decade. Will never forgive Clichy for that.
shouldve kept Henry. I think he would have been the difference. our team lacked a x factor, united had ronaldo and chelsea had drogba, lampard.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

shouldve kept Henry. I think he would have been the difference. our team lacked a x factor, united had ronaldo and chelsea had drogba, lampard.

If anything we were light in midfield. Once Flamini got injured in the crucial run in, Gilberto just wasn’t the same player anymore.

Why the f*ck Wenger was in such a great rush to get Lassana Diarra out the door that season I’ll never know.

If we’d have kept him we could’ve maybe won the league and beaten Liverpool in the CL.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought Diarra pushed to leave so he could make Euro 2008?

No you’re right he wanted out but surely Wenger could have found more time for him in the first half of the season?

I was so scared of us playing Gilberto that year because whenever he’d come on you could just tell that his legs were gone.

Just imagine if instead of a Gilberto-Diaby pivot in that crucial Liverpool second leg we could have had Diarra in there.

The guy was the DM we were crying out for but going with Flamini who then ran off on a free a few months later f*cked us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I thought Diarra pushed to leave so he could make Euro 2008?

Arsène should have told Flamini in January 2008..."look here you little scruffy bastard, either sign a new deal right now or get benched for Diarra"

Always thought Diarra was a better player than Flamini, Flam is nothing more than a friendship merchant really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't remember Gilberto being that bad that year, whenever he played I thought he did well.

Think he told Arsène to **** off once, after told to play centreback against Sheffield United in the League Cup...think that was built up frustration for our smiling Brazilian, after losing the armband and starting spot that year :lol:

I just remember a wave of dread come over me when Flamini got injured in that CL quarter final.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I just remember a wave of dread come over me when Flamini got injured in that CL quarter final.

Yeah same, also at that stage due to his energy and physical attributes he was so good at covering while literally every other midfield went and attacked or while Clichy bombed on forward. Such was the way we played it was vital to have a player like Flamini sweeping up. At that stage Gilberto sadly had declined physically, didn't have a partner like Vieira anymore and was left badly exposed. I still remember the moment when Flamini went off and I just knew our season was over, think we had some other injuries too as I distinctly remember Song playing in defence vs United if I'm not mistaken.

Riou

That's a game I haven't watched back, as those two legs were absolute bullshit really, as I am sure know.

I do remember Senderos having a mare that night, don't really recall Gilberto playing too poorly...don't remember him being a standout either, but average.

Riou

Yeah same, also at that stage due to his energy and physical attributes he was so good at covering while literally every other midfield went and attacked or while Clichy bombed on forward. Such was the way we played it was vital to have a player like Flamini sweeping up. At that stage Gilberto sadly had declined physically, didn't have a partner like Vieira anymore and was left badly exposed. I still remember the moment when Flamini went off and I just knew our season was over, think we had some other injuries too as I distinctly remember Song playing in defence vs United if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe it is me with Silva, still think he wasn't that bad :lol:

I always felt Flamini had a massively overrated season...he got a spot while Gilberto was on international duty, benefitted from playing with an Arsenal team stepping up post Henry leaving and got lucky...think he was carried in that midfield by Fabregas, Rosicky and Hleb...he could run back then at least, unlike when he came back in 2013!

Plus he cost us Diarra, which I will never forgive him for...though Lass was a much better DM, Flam got forward too much for me.

benjamin86

Established Member
Maybe it is me with Silva, still think he wasn't that bad :lol:

I always felt Flamini had a massively overrated season...he got a spot while Gilberto was on international duty, benefitted from playing with an Arsenal team stepping up post Henry leaving and got lucky...think he was carried in that midfield by Fabregas, Rosicky and Hleb...he could run back then at least, unlike when he came back in 2013!

Plus he cost us Diarra, which I will never forgive him for...though Lass was a much better DM, Flam got forward too much for me.
Agree with all of this, Gilberto should have been kept on as a bench option and i really though Diarra could have been great for us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's a game I haven't watched back, as those two legs were absolute bullshit really, as I am sure know.

I do remember Senderos having a mare that night, don't really recall Gilberto playing too poorly...don't remember him being a standout either, but average.

I watch back the Walcott run from time to time but that’s it.

I can still picture Bentdner blocking Fabregas’s shot on the line from the first leg as clear as day.

Impact

Established Member
Just hearing that Adil Aouchiche(CAM) and Tanguy Kouassi(CB) are both free agents in the summer with PSG willing to let them walk away. If that’s the case we should be all over that before some sneaky Bundesliga club snaps them up and turns another tidy profit.

Agreed. Signing the pair would be particularly astute. If we manage them well we can either turn a profit through sales or have two players for the first team at no significant cost. Guendouzi's fortunes cannot be lost on the new generation of young players in France. I'd also add that at if they joined this summer, they could qualify to be homegrown in time as they could be on our books for at least three years before they turn 21.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Agreed. Signing the pair would be particularly astute. If we manage them well we can either turn a profit through sales or have two players for the first team at no significant cost. Guendouzi's fortunes cannot be lost on the new generation of young players in France. I'd also add that at if they joined this summer, they could qualify to be homegrown in time as they could be on our books for at least three years before they turn 21.
Yeah, that'd be a very clever move.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Kouassi is off to Leipzig to replace Upamecano. You can bookmark this. As far as Adil, I’d take the punt. Very talented lad.

nick gould

No the players in that 07/08 squad only had 2 pairs of bollocks between them and that was Gallas and Cesc.

Drawing that game vs 10 man Birmingham aet out club back a decade. Will never forgive Clichy for that.
Flamini had the biggest balls in that team. He even stayed next to Eduardo and supported him when the rest of the team scattered away crying like girls. Flamini was ahead of Gilberto that season for one reason alone, the size of his balls.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Flamini had the biggest balls in that team. He even stayed next to Eduardo and supported him when the rest of the team scattered away crying like girls. Flamini was ahead of Gilberto that season for one reason alone, the size of his balls.

You're right actually. I've sold Flamini very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom