• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Countless mistakes, lack of on-field leadership/accountability (don't care how popular he is behind scenes, on the pitch he is the one of the first to crumble under pressure really), we signed him as a starter then immediately dropped out of the Champions League after being in it for 20+ years, he has neither extreme technical or physical attributes like past Arsenal midfielders such as Vieira or Fabregas so we always have to carry him in matches (he has no real standout attributes really, bar being the first Arsenal captain to directly tell the fans to **** off so I guess there is that) and his good moments aren't good enough or even in enough volume to way out all the bad he directly causes.

So yeah, I don't get why fans think he has been a poor signing either...

I don't recall "countless mistakes". He acts like a good leader on and off the pitch, should be captain. Do you think Fabregas and Vieira are the only two types of midfielders? There's likely many kids who idolise Xhaka and want to emulate him. Great passer of the ball, pace setter, dynamic, water carrier, tough tackler etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
F*ck sake literally every page of this 269 (nice) page thread is just varying degrees of "he's bad at everything", "he's bad at this and good at that", "he needs a different partner" or "he's good". We're going round in circles, people.

Reactions: Jae

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't recall "countless mistakes".

Have you not watched him, like at all during his Arsenal time...he has a delicious, fresh out of the oven, batch of mistakes at the end of each season.

Do you think Fabregas and Vieira are the only two types of midfielders?.

Other central midfielders include...Platt, Petit, Parlour, Gilberto, Edu, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Coquelin...not as good as any of them either.

Great passer of the ball, pace setter, dynamic, water carrier, tough tackler etc.

Just as ridiculous as this...

michael_owen_brochure_12.jpg

Manberg

Predator
Have you not watched him, like at all during his Arsenal time...he has a delicious, fresh out of the oven, batch of mistakes at the end of each season.

Other central midfielders include...Platt, Petit, Parlour, Gilberto, Edu, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Coquelin...not as good as any of them either.

Xhaka does not make an outstanding number of mistakes. Fans have an agenda against him and any mistake he makes gets magnified.
As for your comparison list, that's nonsense. Xhaka's easily better than some of those and as good as others.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Where the **** is that Owen thing from? Please tell me its a joke and its not on his website or something :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where the **** is that Owen thing from? Please tell me its a joke and its not on his website or something :lol:

He and his agent made it themselves after Newcastle went down in 2009, to try and help Michael get a move :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Who would you have Xhaka as good as and better than, from my list?

Then I will explain to you how and why you are wrong.
Stop arguing with him. Finding Xhakas good points is like finding the g spot. No man knows and no man should care. Blokes a tosser.

Manberg

Predator
Stop arguing with him. Finding Xhakas good points is like finding the g spot. No man knows and no man should care. Blokes a tosser.

+ Strengths
Direct free-kick -very strong
Passing - strong
Aerial Duels - strong
Long shots - strong

- Weaknesses
Concentration - weak

Granit Xhaka's Style of Play
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Likes to play long balls
  • Gets fouled often
  • Commits fouls often
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/89401/Show/Granit-Xhaka

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
His shooting is an absolute myth. He's scored about three good goals here. One at Hull, Palace and Newcastle and the latter should have been saved. Every other strike was either a gk brain fart or a fluke. The crowd going shooooot every time he has it makes me vomit.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Xhaka does not make an outstanding number of mistakes. Fans have an agenda against him and any mistake he makes gets magnified.
As for your comparison list, that's nonsense. Xhaka's easily better than some of those and as good as others.

Xhaka is playing in a role where any mistakes he makes get magnified....... there is nothing worse for a DLP than to give the ball away in his team's half. He is also the only senior midfielder we have and it is not unreasonable to put him on a higher standard than our other midfielders.......... the one with an agenda is you. Going from Cazorla to Xhaka is a big reason why our midfield has become so much worse, and people like you trying to lower standards for Xhaka is the problem that is killing the club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Absolute myth that he’s been good since ARteta took over. He hasn’t been bad. Theres a difference.

as long as he starts for us expect mid table folks.
I'm not saying he's been good or bad.

But for some reason Arteta seems to rate him. I hope it's because he doesn't have any other choice rather than him thinking that Xhaka has some kind of quality no one else sees

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka's been good since he joined us. I don't quite know what those who think he's a bad or average player see when they watch him.

Does he have weaknesses? Sure, who doesn't. But his strengths outstrip his weaknesses.
Xhaka makes a lot mistakes. Most time the team is able to recover and prevent the opponent from capitalizing.

As I'm sitting here typing, I already thought of six instances where he cost us a game by his mistake.

DLP are the most careful players with the ball. Any mistake they make exposes the team.

What worries me the most is some kind of weird standard some fans hold him to. Any game in which he doesn't make a mistake is seen as some kind of fantastic game for him.

It's not like he's been fantastic under Arteta. It's just that he hasn't made mistakes that cost us games that's why a lot of his fans take that as him having improved

It's crazy that Xhaka still has people defending him

He's one of the main reason our midfield is crap FFS

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Convinced some of the usual suspects on here submit resumes like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom