• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What has *really* changed from Emery to Arteta?

M_D

Hi all,

As part my my Master's dissertation, I'm specifically trying to analyse the effects of replacing Unai Emery with Mikel Arteta - and would very much appreciate if anyone could spare just 5-10 minutes to complete the below survey (it is all Arsenal-related and completely anonymised, so no need to provide your name or any other details):
https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-manager-bounce-myth-or-magic-arsenal-2

But, to open up a discussion on the forum as well, does anyone think that the change has been (so far), or will be (long-term), successful? Or do you think Unai was treated slightly harshly?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hi all,

As part my my Master's dissertation, I'm specifically trying to analyse the effects of replacing Unai Emery with Mikel Arteta - and would very much appreciate if anyone could spare just 5-10 minutes to complete the below survey (it is all Arsenal-related and completely anonymised, so no need to provide your name or any other details):
https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-manager-bounce-myth-or-magic-arsenal-2

But, to open up a discussion on the forum as well, does anyone think that the change has been (so far), or will be (long-term), successful? Or do you think Unai was treated slightly harshly?
I was willing to do it but have only been to 1 game since Arteta came in, so it didn’t let me

M_D

I was willing to do it but have only been to 1 game since Arteta came in, so it didn’t let me

No problem - thanks for having a look at it anyway!

Only reason 2 games is required is to so that differences in atmosphere at the Emirates can be measured over a longer time period.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
As part my my Master's dissertation, I'm specifically trying to analyse the effects of replacing Unai Emery with Mikel Arteta
EaahrP3XgAANShu

Same energy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t have a blind hate for the Arsenal manager anymore, that’s what changed.

The blind hate can now be focused where it truly deserves...on some of our absolute scumbag players :drool:

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The blind hate can now be focused where it truly deserves...some of our absolute scumbag players :drool:
The players who got to a European cup final last year and should’ve got top 4 had this **** of a manager not totally cocked everything up?

M_D

I wonder if things would have played out differently if some of the 'bigger' or more experienced players had been replaced: Cech, Koscielny and Ramsey were massive losses in my opinion, and they weren't replaced - so may be harsh to pin everything on Emery when the recruitment or lack or strategy seemed very poor?

Side note: can't see whoever it was, as it is anonymous, but thanks to whoever completed the first survey so far!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The players who got to a European cup final last year and should’ve got top 4 had this **** of a manager not totally cocked everything up?

Both deserve criticism for last year, the player's performance in that final was a disgrace.

You don't even like this group of players (talking about the seniors, not the youngsters) why are you defending them :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No problem - thanks for having a look at it anyway!

Only reason 2 games is required is to so that differences in atmosphere at the Emirates can be measured over a longer time period.
Good luck with it bro, I just recently finished my undergraduate dissertation last week. It was about the globalisation of the transfer market and whether foreign transfers correlate to success.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m imagining you taking this poll, would be hilarious. I bet some people on here would really sqew the results :lol:

M_D

Good luck with it bro, I just recently finished my undergraduate dissertation last week. It was about the globalisation of the transfer market and whether foreign transfers correlate to success.
Thanks mate, appreciate it! Sounds like an interesting study - definitely the approach Arsenal have benefitted from, with such a large French contingent, in particular...

Hope the end result of the dissertation turns out positively for you!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our matches don’t look like pinball games anymore but choosing Laca or even Eddie every week up front while sticking Auba or Martinelli wide left is seriously bonkers and makes me want to dislike him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Both deserve criticism for last year, the player's performance in that final was a disgrace.

You don't even like this group of players (talking about the seniors, not the youngsters) why are you defending them :lol:
They would’ve got top 4 last year had Emery not chopped and changed, how can I bash the players for that? The EL final was down to team set up, this comes from the manager too, we looked clueless after 15 minutes when the Kolasinac thing wasn’t working.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People blame Emery for his team against CP but that team still shouldn't have lost.

Jenkinson played ahead of AMN who may have been tired, and Elneny played instead of Torreria. He went 3 at the back as he went with Laca and Auba as a 2 getting his width from full backs and maybe doing that to keep CP wingers quiet. That match we had around 73% possession.

Against Brighton again we dominated the game. Take the lead. As good as a team Emery can put out. Players didnt do enough.

Auba missed the penalty against Sp**s that was another 2 points. Emery cant be at fault for that.

We comfortably beat Napoli and Valencia on the road to the final.

He had his faults but for me the blame is more on the players than him.

The fans never warmed to him and the football towards the end was brutal but again I think a big chunk of that was that the players just weren't playing for him. They looked disinterested and feeling sorry for themselves so rather than dig in and fight they just gave up.

I am glad we have Arteta. Just listening to his interviews are much less taxing and you feel he can connect with the fans and players better. Can he have us challenging in 3 or 4 years. Cant see it but getting us somewhere near the top 4 would be good.

Emery gets a hard time but you feel he was almost being used as a stop gap. The players he asked for he didnt get and when that happens the writing is on the wall.

Hexagon9

It’s too early to say really, and the way the season is going to finish won’t give us a true impression.

One thing Arteta has brought is a (probably misguided) sense of hope.

Top Bottom