• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,488
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Still think this signing was a smart move and worth the gamble since we needed to replace Koscielny. But it doesnt look like it has worked out

That's fair and tbh hindsight is 20/20, at the time we signed him I certainly wasn't up in arms.

However what I do think was stupid is the wages we gave him and the agent fee, had I known how bad it was I'd (and probably many others) not have been receptive to the move.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

co3bfs2wfp551.jpg

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Goddamnit i cannot help but love this crazy goofball of a player. Geezer! Seems a lovely lad and great influence for the young

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Don't know what to make of this...it's not really an apples to apples comparison, it assumes that the same David Luiz who played for Chelsea is the one who plays for Arsenal, like there's no such thing as ageing, stages in your career etc.

His sample size at Arsenal is way too small to make any conclusions.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Have to factor in the Chelsea team he played in was superior to this one. Yes that had a few bad patches but nothing like ours.

He often played in a back 3 as well which offered him less defensive responsibility and able to come out with the ball and look forward for a pass.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s lazy journalism propagated by mindless figures like Carragher and Neville. It’s astonishing that Carragher is still on tv, much less that anyone listens to him given that he spat on a man and his daughter because they were United fans that wound him up. The guy is a **** and man child of the highest order, which is the norm for products of Liverpool.
Neville is another one who gets away with comparing us to the invincibles for 30 mins.

Feel like we should only have former managers/reputable journalists as pundits supported with the odd former player who can talk about stuff they do know about. Kind of like how Wrighty talks about how a striker should be moving or finishing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's because he's been under more pressure at Arsenal because our midfield is so weak.

He's a good footballer but makes rash decisions from time to time. Done it all his career. Now he's slowing down it's bound to escalate.

He's exactly the type of CB we didn't need alongside Sokratis or Mustafi, who are both hot heads.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We never replaced Koscielny that was a big mistake. at his best he was a world class cb could cover space in behind him and he was great 1vs1.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Riots if he gets an extension.
hopefully he doesnt.

He was a rushed signing after Koscielny downed tools. A player familiar with the manager and the league he seemed like a sensible choice on short notice. But all his issues have been magnified in out team. We cannot afford to have him in central defence. Central midfield might be slightly different but even then it's a huge gamble.

roz

Fake News Merchant
hopefully he doesnt.

He was a rushed signing after Koscielny downed tools. A player familiar with the manager and the league he seemed like a sensible choice on short notice. But all his issues have been magnified in out team. We cannot afford to have him in central defence. Central midfield might be slightly different but even then it's a huge gamble.
I get that it was a stopgap signing which unfortunately hasn’t worked out but for the money involved it should never ever have got done. Really poor decision.

would be utter madness to renew.
Heres to another 2 years I suppose...

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A **** mission to renew his contract. Focus on the youth prospects and build the foundation with them.

People say that so easily and then we play Willock, Guendouzi and a few others who aren't good enough and then the same people complain again. We need prospects like Saka or even better (Cesc), otherwise we have to invest.

moha05

People say that so easily and then we play Willock, Guendouzi and a few others who aren't good enough and then the same people complain again. We need prospects like Saka or even better (Cesc), otherwise we have to invest.

We balance, then. Use prospects as Saka and Martinelli and invest in youth such as Chelsea has done in the last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom