• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He hasn’t cost us many games, don’t know why you always make up stuff.

Him and Mustafi our best players atm.

Of course he's cost us many games. I'm not making stuff up.

Him and mustafi has been have been relatively error-free in recent months, but we both know that another feck up is going to happen sooner than later.

FFS Xhaka was mediocre in this game, but his fans are sucking him off because he didn't make a big blunder.

If this is the level performance we praise a midfielder for, then I fear for our club.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Of course he's cost us many games. I'm not making stuff up.

Him and mustafi has been have been relatively error-free in recent months, but we both know that another feck up is going to happen sooner than later.

FFS Xhaka was mediocre in this game, but his fans are sucking him off because he didn't make a big blunder.

If this is the level performance we praise a midfielder for, then I fear for our club.
Xhaka makes a mistake and concedes a goal = It is because of our poor formations/we need players to complement him/rest of the players are the reason why it happened

Xhaka gets by without conceding a single goal doing **** all except passing back and side = That was a man of the match performance/He is a born leader/He gives "structure"

sdotzdot

Established Member
All it takes is some time away and one game back and it starts again. As I’ve said before, the expectations from the fan base is a massive part of the downfall we have now.

I’m not saying he’s not been decent, he has been. But it’s as if people have forgotten the previous 3/4 seasons and think he’ll suddenly now be good enough. He hasn’t been, he isn’t, and he will never be.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Obvious starter in the current crop, also obviously flawed. Important for a team trying to stay in top half of the table, detrimental for a team trying to get into the top of the table.
Feel we either need to upgrade Xhaka in the summer which will require us to spend big
or
Find a good partner for him, someone that compliments his game. Any ideas anyone?
I'd prefer to upgrade on him with an actually mobile all-action CM. Pair that player (Partey mold) with Torreira and Saka and that's a super balanced midfield.

Alternatively, Saka/ESR + Xhaka and a highly tenacious '6' whose able to cover more ground than Torreira seems decent. Konrad Laimer perhaps.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Xhaka makes a mistake and concedes a goal = It is because of our poor formations/we need players to complement him/rest of the players are the reason why it happened

Xhaka gets by without conceding a single goal doing **** all except passing back and side = That was a man of the match performance/He is a born leader/He gives "structure"

Look we all know his flaws, but there is a reason the team has been better with him in it than not over the last couple of years. There's also a reason why the team has better STRUCTURE when he's in it. And why every manager and seemingly every teammate he's ever had seems to think so too.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Obvious starter in the current crop, also obviously flawed. Important for a team trying to stay in top half of the table, detrimental for a team trying to get into the top of the table.

I'd prefer to upgrade on him with an actually mobile all-action CM. Pair that player (Partey mold) with Torreira and Saka and that's a super balanced midfield.

Alternatively, Saka/ESR + Xhaka and a highly tenacious '6' whose able to cover more ground than Torreira seems decent. Konrad Laimer perhaps.
Yeah signing an upgrade such as Partey would be great but possibly unrealistic considering lack of champions league/lack of cash.
Haven’t seen much of Laimer but agree you would need someone to do a lot of running to make up for Xhakas lack of mobility.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Look we all know his flaws, but there is a reason the team has been better with him in it than not over the last couple of years. There's also a reason why the team has better STRUCTURE when he's in it. And why every manager and seemingly every teammate he's ever had seems to think so too.
He has been a regular starter in most of the matches after he signed for us. We have been in a downfall since then. Where did that STRUCTURE go in all the matches?
The two managers who trusted him have lost their jobs btw.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He has been a regular starter in most of the matches after he signed for us. We have been in a downfall since then. Where did that STRUCTURE go in all the matches?
The two managers who trusted him have lost their jobs btw.

So you are telling me you think the problem is Xhaka rather than most of our best players leaving. As for managers, you are forgetting the other clubs and national team. And Emery had rather bigger issues than picking Xhaka....

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

. There's also a reason why the team has better STRUCTURE when he's in it.
Better structure? :lol:

Meanwhile we've fallen out of the CL and are now struggling to stay in the top half of the table FFS.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Better structure? :lol:

Meanwhile we've fallen out of the CL and are now struggling to stay in the top half of the table FFS.

And yet we are worse without him. We may still be poor but at least when he's in the team we can usually tell where our midfielders are playing. Or do you prefer Ceballas and Guendouzi playing random position ball?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

So you are telling me you think the problem is Xhaka rather than most of our best players leaving. As for managers, you are forgetting the other clubs and national team. And Emery had rather bigger issues than picking Xhaka....
Our midfield has been crap since 2016, long before Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira.

Since 2016, the only constant in our midfield has been Xhaka and he's been crap.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I have always maintained that Xhaka is a part of the problem not the entire problem. We have struggled to transition quickly from defense to attack ever since he joined. I have also mentioned that he would do better in other leagues. But he is completely unsuitable for premier league. Emery was a bad manager and Xhaka is a bad player. Both need not be mutually exclusive.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

And yet we are worse without him. We may still be poor but at least when he's in the team we can usually tell where our midfielders are playing. Or do you prefer Ceballas and Guendouzi playing random position ball?
He's probably better than Ceballos or Guendouzi but that's not a tall order now, is it?

I'm not saying he's the only culprit, I'm just trying to debunk the fact that people are saying he had a great game because he didn't make a costly error, when infact he was mediocre once again.

When he has an average game, you see massive encomiums in the Xhaka thread.

Go look at the matchday thread, you'd think Viera was still playing for us with way posters are heaping huge praise on him

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He's probably better than Ceballos or Guendouzi but that's not a tall order now, is it?

I'm not saying he's the only culprit, I'm just trying to debunk the fact that people are saying he had a great game because he didn't make a costly error, when infact he was mediocre once again.

When he has an average game, you see massive encomiums in the Xhaka thread.

Go look at the matchday thread, you'd think Viera was still playing for us with way posters are heaping huge praise on him

Well I've never said those things, so you and @RacingPhoton need to stop projecting on me.

For clarity my position is this:
1) He was ok today. Not great but good-ish

2) Our midfield options are poor, so he is the best of the current selection

3) The team players better with him in it than without him considering the options in the squad over the past 3 years.

4) Adding to him rather than replacing him is a better option at present

5) I don;t want him to be as important to the team going forwards, but think he still will be next year.

6) If he's our most important midfielder two years from now, the transfer crew need sacking

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I remember you lot booing my man. Well, he's the most important midfielder we have and you ****s aren't allowed into the stadium to boo him. Massive W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom