• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmsterdamGunner

Bild in Germany had us linked last week with Wout Weghorst from Wolfsburg. Today Weghorst reacted on Dutch radio that Arsenal would fit in his perfect picture.

He’s a good goal scorer but i’m not a big fan of him.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dude's nearly 28 and I hadn't heard of him till last week, so instinctively that doesn't feel great.

But I dunno, i'm not an expert. If the guy's a pressing machine and brings certain specific attributes then maybe that fits into some sort of grand plan that i'm not aware of.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sounds like he's just responding to a rumour, no indication of anything concrete in it. And tbf loads of players have said they'd like to play for Arsenal and nothing's come of it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Dude's nearly 28 and I hadn't heard of him till last week, so instinctively that doesn't feel great.

But I dunno, i'm not an expert. If the guy's a pressing machine and brings certain specific attributes then maybe that fits into some sort of grand plan that i'm not aware of.
I feel similarly. Given his height he's got a pretty unique profile, so if that's what we're after I'm for it. If that's not the case however, I feel like there must be better quality strikers out there available.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I feel similarly. Given his height he's got a pretty unique profile, so if that's what we're after I'm for it. If that's not the case however, I feel like there must be better quality strikers out there available.

If the plan is to keep Auba and carry on playing him on the left with him drifting into the inside channel, then I guess you need a focal point for the attack and a player who can hold the ball up and link play. I'm also guessing Arteta wants us to press from the front.

So in theory if you had a workhorse like Weghorst chasing defenders down and then releasing to either Auba or Pepe that could work. And he's obviously a huge threat in the air, which Lacazette isn't, and you have very good crossers like Tierney who could find him.

Or in any case he's just an option off the bench. Nketiah might start a game and Weghorst might come on or vice versa.

He basically looks like a less skilful but more hardworking Giroud, and as long as we still had a great goalscorer like Auba in the team, and Pepe also potentially, maybe a Giroud-like player is actually very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom