• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great result, but let's calm down a bit. I think it was quite an even game, if Adama could finish it may have been a different story.

Arteta has proven he can drill a side to be defensively solid, he really needs some midfielders now that can help us keep the ball higher up the pitch. That's the priority now for me.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Tactically it was the correct approach. Playing attacking football against them is exactly what Wolves want you to do. Look at man city, they got doubled by them & we don't have players anywhere near their quality. We got a goal, sat back & hit em hard on the counter, just the wolves do it themselves

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don’t understand any criticism of Arteta for this performance. We played in a way that was needed. I’d rather see us play like this than have us go all out and lose by 2 goals. If we would have been more on the front foot they would have cut us open. I like that we play in a way to also nullify the opposition’s strength. They would have countered us to bits with their speed and our slow CBs.

Good decisions by Arteta!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tactically it was the correct approach. Playing attacking football against them is exactly what Wolves want you to do. Look at man city, they got doubled by them & we don't have players anywhere near their quality. We got a goal, sat back & hit em hard on the counter, just the wolves do it themselves
Couldn’t agree more. It is about time that we play in a way that makes what the opponents want to do difficult.

GunnerShy

Emery could have set up the exact same side today and would not have got that result.

Because the players would not have bought in, rolled there sleeves up and dug in, absorbed the pressure and recomposed themselves in the second half as they did today. Fought and scraped for the balls.

That's the difference in what appears to be excellent man management and poor man management.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Great result, but let's calm down a bit. I think it was quite an even game, if Adama could finish it may have been a different story.

Arteta has proven he can drill a side to be defensively solid, he really needs some midfielders now that can help us keep the ball higher up the pitch. That's the priority now for me.

If Terry hadnt slipped in 2008, they would have won their first CL, same with Gerrard slipping against Chelsea, not slipping would have brought them their first PL sooner. If Koscielny hadnt slipped in the League Cup final we would have ended our trophy drought sooner. If Henry hadnt missed the sitter we would have likely won the Champions League in 2006. These if/but moments exist in the game, so to diminish a performance based on it is foolhardy in my opinion.

We came up against a well settled side and managed them for 90+ minutes. That is completely on the team today, putting together a professional performance and it deserves all the credit its getting tonight, so no need for us to calm down at all.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I looked at the starting line up and wasn't hopeful. Three calamities at the back and two pedestrian CM's. Good coaching, tactics and sheer effort from the players got us the win. With better players, we have a coach who can make us competitive again. Feels great to have him back-at the moment ;)

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I looked at the starting line up and wasn't hopeful. Three calamities at the back and two pedestrian CM's. Good coaching, tactics and sheer effort from the players got us the win. With better players, we have a coach who can make us competitive again. Feels great to have him back-at the moment ;)
Ha yeah, Sead, Luiz and Mustafi keeping a clean sheet... what are the odds

Latest posts

Top Bottom