• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

I saw a lot of Özil performances on Arsenal player during lockdown when Alexis was still here and before his big contract increase. You wouldn't believe it is the same player, even just in the way he moved.

It has to be a lack of motivation, because he had ability other players would kill for. He even scored goals and important penalties for Germany.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't see any decline in Özil's ability TBH.

He has always been the same player post Bremen.

A lot of fans are now just cottoning to it.

He's still the same inconsistent player
He regularly fails to complete passes that would be standard for him and plays super safe, even by his standards.

There’s definitely been a decline in his ability.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s been the same player for at least 5 years though. It’s you lot that are pretending he’s suddenly gone off the edge of a cliff rather than admit you were being mugged off all along. The subtle climb-down by a good few of you wasn’t worth it—all it did was prolong your embarrassment. You should have just jumped long ago, dusted yourselves down and forgot about it like a fair few others I can mention :trophy:
You’re awful loud for a guy that rated Joel Campbell.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He regularly fails to complete passes that would be standard for him and plays super safe, even by his standards.

There’s definitely been a decline in his ability.
It's a mental decline, if anything. Physically and technically, he's still the same player.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Pretty rich after writing this is response to one of my posts: "And you calling me a fan boy is the same lowgrade gutter filth trash talk fueled by hate, that the german media did on a larger scale. so shove it."

so...i called you out for labeling people...and said that such talk was gutter level trash. I never called you a gutter trash hate filled @##@. Read it again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We’ll find a new battleground faster than you can say “d’oh.” Prime candidates: Laca thread if/when he keeps playing like this into ‘21 and ‘22, or Auba thread on the back-end of a four year deal at Özil’s wages.

No other thread about a player will go the places this one has.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Or Coquelin.. Don't forget Theo either.

Remember when he cried because people were criticising Walcott too much, and proceeded to leave the forum with the message "I'll miss a few posters", only to come back a couple of weeks later or so. :rofl:
These are just players you thought were useless. But then in your tiny little world of ‘You’re clueless because I’m Furious lol’, I must have been the only one who thought they were useful.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
These are just players you thought were useless. But then in your tiny little world of ‘You’re clueless because I’m Furious lol’, I must have been the only one who thought they were useful.

They were ok players, I liked Walcott for the most part, but seeing how you described Özil in the previous page, it's a bit rich.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They were ok players, I liked Walcott for the most part, but seeing how you described Özil in the previous page, it's a bit rich.
I don’t respect him as a player anymore tbh. I don’t like that he’s just a mercenary now too. I don’t respect any player that wants to have the fans over, or tried to destabilise the club and our new manager with his social media, irrespective of whether he has a contract. Him and his mob need to **** off asap. Surprised there’d be anyone left in his corner, but then even Ted Bundy was getting fan mail.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
If anybody thinks Özil is still the same player then I don't know what to say. Is it lack of motivation? Sure. Does he still have the same level of skill? Maybe, I don't know. But you can't deny that his game has changed. He barely takes risks nowadays, the intelligent off the ball movement is way less frequent. Why do you think his numbers dropped so drastically when he was putting up great numbers with Giroud as striker?

Manberg

Predator
Özil was never world class. Overrated throughout his career. Any average midfielder looks good behind Ronaldo for three years.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don’t respect him as a player anymore tbh. I don’t like that he’s just a mercenary now too. I don’t respect any player that wants to have the fans over, or tried to destabilise the club and our new manager with his social media, irrespective of whether he has a contract. Him and his mob need to **** off asap. Surprised there’d be anyone left in his corner, but then even Ted Bundy was getting fan mail.

I agree, it's gotten tedious. But he's here to stay, so we cannot run away from that. However, now that we're winning without him in the team, it's going to be easier for Arteta to control the situation, and he can play him or not, and none will beat an eye.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

anyone that destabilised bumbumery deserves a statue.
The club tried to renege on a contract, then they complain he is a mercenary. He had to go on instagram to post and prove that he was fit and kill the slander being spread by the club. Anyone would find their love of the club a teensy bit affected.

If anybody thinks Özil is still the same player then I don't know what to say. Is it lack of motivation? Sure. Does he still have the same level of skill? Maybe, I don't know. But you can't deny that his game has changed. He barely takes risks nowadays, the intelligent off the ball movement is way less frequent. Why do you think his numbers dropped so drastically when he was putting up great numbers with Giroud as striker?

His game has changed because of the absolute dross around him. You can’t blame him for losing motivation when our team struggle to string more than 3 meaningful passes together. It would demoralise most people.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His game has changed because of the absolute dross around him. You can’t blame him for losing motivation when our team struggle to string more than 3 meaningful passes together. It would demoralise most people.
You’ve just described a gutless thief. Who else has that excuse? This is exactly what pisses people off in this thread. Can’t blame him? ****ing hell...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom