• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Can't wait til you go extinct.
We are where we are after 34 matches because of ourselves, not the ref.

No one on here knows that Southampton fans are fuming at the ref when we beat them last week, but thats how it is, everyone thinks the ref has screwed them every time they lost. The 2 big calls were correct, its not offside.

If we didn't rest on 1-0 and keep missing then we would have won easily

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Should've passed to Xhaka tbh. Granit was completely free just outside the box with two or three Leicester players on Willock.
He gets tunnel vision a lot. You say he’s still developing as a player but I think you let him players like him develop elsewhere.

Not writing him off at all as a player but as a top club you need to have higher standards when it comes to young players.

Dennsb247

Ok whoever says it was a straight red is completely wrong. Can see that purely by the time it took for VAR to not make a decision.

The ref was ignorant whe looking for .5 seconds at one inconclusive view. Cannot be conclusive from the angle.

secondly the LeicsVAR goal was close out first decision his shoulder was beyond our defensive line not sure if that counts. I thought rule was any part of body that could score a goal with.

thirdly it did seem to get a deflection off studs in which case cards was offside potentially twice.

However

10 points from 12 not bad.

positive side we are playing a lot better now.

tine to go to bed in a positive frame of mind I think

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it’s also blatantly clear that we don’t get referee decisions but we can’t complain.

Lower sides tend not to get the rub of the green, as you get better at a side there seems to be a subconscious bias that means referees protect you more.

I’m pretty confident that if we were a legit contender we wouldn’t complain about refs because we would be protected more. We would naturally also win games like this 2-0 and not have to sweat on marginal offsides or sendings off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Loved seeing Kolo Toure back at The Grove, hopefully we can poach him from Leicester at some point!

roz

Fake News Merchant
nice to meet you too.
Nah you can jog on with your high and mighty “learn football” shiyte. If its so obvious then why did it go to VAR in the first place?

Imagine using that as a response to anything. “Learn football”.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
We’ve been getting scummed by refs all ****ing season and I’m sick of it.
I don’t get it. What is it you blame the ref tonight? Giving Nketiah a red card for a reckless and stupid tackle in the middle of the park? I blame Nketiah(a little bit) not the ref. We lost the game out of our hands at half time. That’s not down to the ref, but our poor performance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We’ve been getting scummed by refs all ****ing season and I’m sick of it.
Once that went to VAR it was going to be a red card. No way a PL doesn’t take the chance to punish us. It is so ****ing frustrating because it is week in and week out. Other teams can kick lumps out of our players and nothing. Our player stretches for a ball and catches another player poorly and it is a straight red. Seriously injure Leno and nothing. Catch a Leicester player and scratch his knee and it is a straight red. Mustafi went off with stud holes in his face and the ****ing **** Vardy gets nothing! I so ****ing hate the PL refs.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's annoying is that sp*rs are sh*t cos they own-goaled their way to a win against a flaccid Everton team and they're playing Bournemouth on Thursday who'll roll over and give them 3 points. So they'll be ahead of us going into the NLD despite the fact our form has been good and they're in a total f*cking mess.

Overall i'm positive though. I can see an upward trajectory with Arteta, whereas there's no sign Mou is taking them anywhere.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the thing, I just knew those missed chances would kill us, with Leicester and with Vardy they'll always get a chance, they'll always punish you even if their form has fallen off in a big game like this you have to punish them when you're dominating. We played really well in the first half but it counts for nothing if we only have 1 goal to show for it. It's like the Chelsea game at the Emirates all over again, we felt like we were unlucky but that's the nature of these games.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That 2nd half was pretty frustrating, Nketiah unlucky to get the red, had no bad intentions. If that was Vardy it wouldn't have been given everyone knows that. Vardy is a pretty dirty player himself.

Frustrated me how we clearly played way too defensive in that 2nd half, should have gone for a 2nd goal before sitting back all 2nd half, Arteta should have brought Pepe on & at least play on the counter. Vardys goal I think you could see it clearly hit the boot, the ball changed trajectory so that should have been offside. In saying that though we clearly should have been up more then 1 at h/time anyway so in a way we did it to ourselves.

Still, 10 points in the last 4 out of 12 is pretty good & we could still make Europa again. The start we had with the games against City & Brighton is a good improvement. To be quite honest after those 2 games I was actually a bit concerned about battling it out for relegation by the end of the season after those 2 games but we've saved ourselves from relegation now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Finishing this game with one point after all those chances and that soft red card is really a bitter pill. Leicester were so ****ing lucky they got one point. Gifted points as usual.

We will steamroll them next season and then that **** club can visit the Championship again. That is where they belong.

What I think about refereeing is that of course, it was a red card on Nketiah. But where is this VAR when teams are tackling Pepe? Most players go unpunished for the whole game tackling Pepe.

That is where I would ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom