• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I said and I said it clearly.

“Here are some facts I believe can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong.“

it’s literally one of the first sentences. So kindly **** off? If you want to ignore things I’ve said clearly just so you can try be an internet funny guy then don’t expect me to treat you with respect.

I’ll tell you to piss off then carry on with my day.
'Here are some facts that can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong'. What kind of oxymoron is that? Here's a fact, I think you were wrong with that contrived argument, and far from ignoring you, I did what you said and told you so. But you got triggered, so you clearly didn't mean 'let me know if I'm wrong'. :lol:

As for 'respect', I haven't had any from you in 5 years of posting, so I'll try not to lose any sleep.:rolleyes:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he was that bad . Had chances that he should have done better with and some of his passing was **** but I've seen him play way worse this season.

The bar is lower now though. When we come under pressure we dont have anything to relieve it. The only way we get out is via a perfect counter, which is rare.

We need to be able to clear our lines, have a forward win the ball in the air and hold it, or run the channel and hold it, allowing us to get up the pitch and gain some possession.

People forget when we had that and how often we did it. How many times do you remember Henry picking up a long ball on his chest or running the channel and winning the throw in just skipping over the challenge and doing his little jog before Ashley Cole would go and take the throw moving the whole team up the field.

There is more to it than the striker. Leicester were just moving the ball across the pitch. It doesn't help when we have no speed or agility and midfield to move out and engage.

We need to look at the bigger picture. Our midfielders only suit a certain game state and that is when we are in control. As soon as we lose it, we can't regain it.

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
To me it's clear the best for all parties for him to move on next season. He is one of our more sellable assets and our team needs strengthening in midfield, defense and possibly wide while our transfer budget is quite small. I'm convinced Laca can still do damage in league like Serie A, Ligue 1 or even La Liga and there are lots of teams in those leagues that surely see that. But even though I agree that Laca has been disappointing, I don't quite get the hate he receives. He clearly tries his best in every game. For me he's not even close to being as odious as some other players we've had at Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are we so forgiving of players that have been crap all season? He has 8 league goals ffs.

Similar thinking happened back in the mid/late Wenger era where someone would turn it on at the end of the season with little pressure.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The bar is lower now though. When we come under pressure we dont have anything to relieve it. The only way we get out is via a perfect counter, which is rare.

We need to be able to clear our lines, have a forward win the ball in the air and hold it, or run the channel and hold it, allowing us to get up the pitch and gain some possession.

People forget when we had that and how often we did it. How many times do you remember Henry picking up a long ball on his chest or running the channel and winning the throw in just skipping over the challenge and doing his little jog before Ashley Cole would go and take the throw moving the whole team up the field.

There is more to it than the striker. Leicester were just moving the ball across the pitch. It doesn't help when we have no speed or agility and midfield to move out and engage.

We need to look at the bigger picture. Our midfielders only suit a certain game state and that is when we are in control. As soon as we lose it, we can't regain it.

Agree 110%

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Misses aside I thought Laca played well yesterday. His shot on the turn was a quality save from Schmeichel but the header... at least force him into a better save.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

'Here are some facts that can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong'. What kind of oxymoron is that? Here's a fact, I think you were wrong with that contrived argument, and far from ignoring you, I did what you said and told you so. But you got triggered, so you clearly didn't mean 'let me know if I'm wrong'. :lol:

As for 'respect', I haven't had any from you in 5 years of posting, so I'll try not to lose any sleep.:rolleyes:
I'm gonna say it one time and one time only.

1. You're being pedantic and focusing on the definition of the word 'fact'. It wasn't that deep and the post clearly implied they were in my facts but if you want to be a nerd go ahead, mi nuh care.

2. Other posters responded and debated but I didn't snap at them did they. So ask yourself why? Answer: You were being a tw8t.

3. The team was geared towards created chances for Giroud but ofc he created chances for others but ultimately, he was the spearhead of our attack. Auba is the spearhead of our attack too. Just because Sanchez scored a lot (due to his quality) doesn't change the fact that he was not the spearhead. This is basic football, do better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some posters on here think they're God and should never be questioned, or take a bit of lampooning. Reasoned arguments should rule on AM, this is not Reddit ffs.
You made a reasoned argument then spoiled it with an unnecessarily condescending sentence at the end. So I told you to piss off.

Don't start crying now.

Who wants that? Give me names

He won't give you names because it's another one in a long line of his made up narratives. Just like how he claimed people thought Pepe was some second coming of Henry. Guy just throws theories out there with no real substance. Ignore it.

If you want to challenge for trophies and top4 you play Laca, sell Nketiah and have Martinelli as a wonder kid backup.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette's role in the team is/was main central striker. His role with Auba is no different to Giroud with Sanchez in the team. Calling Laca a secondary striker but Giroud a main striker . . . . .

Giroud played in a less expensive team than the current one, whether it was better or not is surely down to opinion also. The current team have had 3 different managers to contend with and different opposition. So many varaiables bro.

Anyway, facts? That's quite a statement. :lol:
What a load of bollocks. The difference between our team that Giroud played in and this current one is night and day ffs.

What a horrible post. I expected better from you

Then again, maybe you're just trolling

say yes

forum master baiter
Misses aside I thought Laca played well yesterday. His shot on the turn was a quality save from Schmeichel but the header... at least force him into a better save.
He’s never going to do well on here when he doesn’t score but yeah this is correct. Goal was only just offside too.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm gonna say it one time and one time only.

1. You're being pedantic and focusing on the definition of the word 'fact'. It wasn't that deep and the post clearly implied they were in my facts but if you want to be a nerd go ahead, mi nuh care.

2. Other posters responded and debated but I didn't snap at them did they. So ask yourself why? Answer: You were being a tw8t.

3. The team was geared towards created chances for Giroud but ofc he created chances for others but ultimately, he was the spearhead of our attack. Auba is the spearhead of our attack too. Just because Sanchez scored a lot (due to his quality) doesn't change the fact that he was not the spearhead. This is basic football, do better.
Poverty posting. Just riddled with back tracking, excuses and insults.

'My post wasn't deep', 'they were my facts', :lol: and worst of all still banging on about about primary and secondary strikers to explain why Giroud was more prolific than Laca. It's far from 'basic football', definitely not a fact and other posters have told you as much too.

Was hoping he would get a goal yesterday so we could get more for him when we sell him! But 4-5 easy misses later, no goal. Maybe Laca is better coming off the bench for the rest of his career here. Tire the defense with proper ballers like Nketiah and Martinelli and then Laca can maybe come on at 85 min and get a goal!

What a load of bollocks. The difference between our team that Giroud played in and this current one is night and day ffs.

What a horrible post. I expected better from you

Then again, maybe you're just trolling

Giroud would score more than 8 goals this season with Tierney and Saka elite crossing. Think prime Giroud would have a record season goal and assists wise with our current group of players.

For me, it shows easily who was slightly better than the other. Giroud beats Laca slightly talent wise. After all, they are different players but almost on the exact same level talent-wise!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You made a reasoned argument then spoiled it with an unnecessarily condescending sentence at the end. So I told you to piss off.

Don't start crying now.
'I told you to piss off', 'Don't start crying', :lol: Surely people should be 18 before they're allowed on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom